It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Dire Metaphysical Warning to all Atheists!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by mysterioustranger
Its not like death hurts. We dont get to one or the other sides and say "WOW! That really hurt!"

We tend to waste whole lifetimes preparing being good or bad for the other side. Seems quite pointless. We should be living life to the fullest. Not in contemplation of what we'll be when we arent anymore...alive that is.

Ah, actually the getting dead part can hurt a LOT. Once you're dead the pain is gone, but it is still pretty traumatic.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

I agree, about living a more fully self expressed life to the hilt, but for an entirely different reason, but at the same time, ironically, or paradoxically, because "we only live once" as they say...

Although in this case I'm dismissing nothing, as being, in truth nothing at all, thus liberating us in eternity, according to the "truth that sets us free."

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
The proof for this frame of reference would have to repudiate materialism and demonstrate that consciousness, as the freedom to choose outcomes, or to actualize infinite possibility, is a non-local phenomenon, operating within a monastic idealism (as opposed to a materialist monism) wherein consciousness, and not matter, is primary, not as a bottom-up epiphenomenon of matter, but as part of an evolutionary formative causation in eternity arising through what's called a "tangled hierarchy" (kingdom?) "from above" or arising, from a first/last cause. For an analogy, think of an upside down fountain.

This is where the quantum paradoxes come in, for which a monastic idealism, is the only satisfying resolution with the exception of the multi-worlds theory of QM, something that I believe I can show intuitively, isn't "elegant" at all.

And if this model of reality is closer to the truth, then there ought to be humor buried in the science, somewhere.. maybe when we reveal how unfunny by comparison, the multi-worlds theory really is.

But of course you're not the least bit interested in any of this either.

[Prepares for next onslaught of hard-hearted ridicule]

edit on 3-9-2011 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by DragonriderGal

What inhabited planets have you been to? Where are they located? What do the aliens you've seen look like? What about dragons, what do they look like? Do they have spirits also? If so, do they seek to inhabit another dragon when they die? Where do dragons live?

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

That's so cute, the way you wrote that, and posed your questions to our friend.

Thank you, for being like that, and shifting your tone ever so slightly. You are becoming more likeable by the post.

What are you trying to gain intel, to become a dragon rider yourself in the next life?

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Re: Dragons on another world.

Although I realize this is, at least for now, a rather safe bet, I'll betcha dollars to donuts, that there is a very very high probability, that at this very moment, even as you read these words, a whole FLOCK of dragons are flying into a magnificent sunset on their home world, with yes. riders, perched willingly, and comfortably, leaning in over and maybe even hugging, their long scaley necks.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
That's so cute, the way you wrote that, and posed your questions to our friend.

Thank you, for being like that, and shifting your tone ever so slightly. You are becoming more likeable by the post.

What are you trying to gain intel, to become a dragon rider yourself in the next life?

Yes, trying to gain intel. Trying to find truth. I ask questions to those who act as if they have truth.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   

It cant be traumatic...because youre' then DEAD. No feeling, no nothing. Go to the light. ZIP! Thats it...or down to the dark.

Have you personally talked to anyone-ever who came back from the dead and said to you..."Wow. That was REALLY traumatic!" You cant possibly know that...at all.

I hate to make light of this but...the semi-truck is coming headon at you full speed and all you see is...BOOM! No pain, no regrets, no nothing. Just WHAM...into the spirit world..........
edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e38e75cc54f8.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   

It cant be traumatic...because youre' then DEAD. No feeling, no nothing. Go to the light. ZIP! Thats it...or down to the dark.

You're thinking of instant death. Not everyone dies instantly. What if you were raped and tortured by 5 burly men? At the end of the raping and torturing, they decide to drown you, to a slow, agonizing death. That would be pretty traumatic. If you have a mind when you're a spirit, you would remember what just happened and think, "holy # that sucked."

But, if you don't have a spirit, then you wouldn't worry about it because you'd just be dead.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Your referring to "dying"...the last moments of suffering. She was saying death itself hurts. And once youre done dying in pain...death cannot hurt in any way. Dying? Of course. But death itself is final and feeling nothing.

Yes though absolutely...pain and suffering while DYING can for certain hurt alot. Dying after and because of painful accidentst or trauma-yes. Death after it all? Nope. Done deal. No thoughts or feelings to have. We're then DEAD.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Oh that' FUNNY!

Well done.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

What inhabited planets have you been to? Where are they located? What do the aliens you've seen look like? What about dragons, what do they look like? Do they have spirits also? If so, do they seek to inhabit another dragon when they die? Where do dragons live?

Mostly we went to other worlds to hunt. The dragons didn't really call them names, more they were known by their locations. And since Dragons and E-l*th do not get along, we didn't go to their worlds, although once, at the request of the greys, my dragon and I came here to earth to work out some details of a job they wanted us to do for them, to help them get something they needed off a world where the locals tended to be a bit on the uncooperative side.

It was before Atlantis was destroyed, and as we flew in, I was able to see the beautiful landscaping and amazing towers of what seemed like sparkling glass. It was breath taking.

As a dragon rider, I didn't really pay that much attention to the sentient species on the worlds we went to, though. We were just there to find larger prey animals, and didn't interact with the locals. When we fought for the greys, we were usually dropping things on them from above, above any kind of arrow range so mostly they were just little bipedal beings running around trying to stop us.

In the racial unconscious though, I see a LOT of different aliens. Since I'm off to bed soon, I'll post some of them tomorrow.

And yes, dragons have spirits, but they are too big to fit into human bodies, and so none have ever ended up human. My dragon died here on earth because he couldn't free me, and he was just so tired of living, he gave up in the end and let me, as St. George, kill him. I had no idea who he was, or who I was. He's reincarnated as a blue whale; loving every minute of it except for the whalers. He does wish he could still blow fire and blast those yahoos.

But like every other species, they do reincarnate only as dragons. They wait for a dragon pair to have babies, and will reincarnate as one of those babies. They don't die often, nor do they have babies often. If one of the older more influential dragons dies, the younger ones will do a mating to bring that spirit back fairly quickly. Otherwise, the dragon spirit just has to wait around until a couple of dragons get together and do some procreating.

The dragons travel by essentially 'folding' space (not the energy pathways which are controlled by the E-l*th) and I don't see them really pointing at any part of the sky and saying 'go there'. It was more of a seeing the place they wanted to go, and sending themselves there. Since dragons aren't able to use tools or write, everything had to be done via memory and energy work, hence no 'maps'.

The dragon home world though, was very old, very dry, and the air is very thin. When I saw that VanGogh painting of wheat fields with a dark storm coming in, it reminded me of the home world, other than the sky is dark there because there's a lot less air.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Oh that' FUNNY!

Well done.
Thank you sir.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   

We're then DEAD.

Can you elaborate? How do you mean "we ARE dead"?

P.S. May you rest in peace..

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   

I'm writing a fantasy story about Elves, and dragons, etc. Just something for my kids to have, so they can see what lives in my imagination, lol. My dragons don't breathe fire though, they spew an acidic substance which seems more realistic, since some reptiles can spew poison onto their prey. I mean fire? How can a creature breathe out fire? Could you explain that, since your dragons do?

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Re: Dragons on another world.

Although I realize this is, at least for now, a rather safe bet, I'll betcha dollars to donuts, that there is a very very high probability, that at this very moment, even as you read these words, a whole FLOCK of dragons are flying into a magnificent sunset on their home world, with yes. riders, perched willingly, and comfortably, leaning in over and maybe even hugging, their long scaley necks.

That is a nice picture and I do wish dragons could stand each other well enough to fly in flocks. Getting a pod of at least five to allow for dragonriders was a total challenge. Pythos was the oldest dragon and had a LOT of power and it was still a challenge to keep not only the dragons from ripping each other to shreds, but us dragon riders as well.

We were a 7+' veloci-raptor type being, that was pretty much ready to rip and shred at the least provocation. We each were bonded via telepathy to our dragon, and Pythos managed the dragons who were then expected to manage their riders, although Pythos sometimes had to step in. And while we loved our dragon even as they loved us, their ability to 'love' was pretty limited. Imagine an alligator's love for it's offspring. That's about as loving as it got, in both directions.

And well, we just hung on for dear life. The dragons always flew like F-4s pretty much, and if we fell off, well, they'd just come to the next hatching and find us and start again. It annoyed them but not enough to stop flying as they usually did.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Your referring to "dying"...the last moments of suffering. She was saying death itself hurts. And once youre done dying in pain...death cannot hurt in any way. Dying? Of course. But death itself is final and feeling nothing.

Yes though absolutely...pain and suffering while DYING can for certain hurt alot. Dying after and because of painful accidentst or trauma-yes. Death after it all? Nope. Done deal. No thoughts or feelings to have. We're then DEAD.

The body is dead, only. The spirit is still quite alive, and remembers quite well the feeling of the death experience. It is why some people have really extreme seemingly unreasonable fears of things like drowning or fire or falling.. most times it's because they're remembering on a spirit level the pain of dying by whatever they are most afraid of in a recent past life. But once you are in pure spirit form, the pain of the body is gone, so you no longer feel the death pain.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by DragonriderGal
That is a nice picture and I do wish dragons could stand each other well enough to fly in flocks. Getting a pod of at least five to allow for dragonriders was a total challenge. Pythos was the oldest dragon and had a LOT of power and it was still a challenge to keep not only the dragons from ripping each other to shreds, but us dragon riders as well.

Pythos? That's a cliche name. Pythos as in Pyre? As in fire? As in fire breathing? I thought you could do better. Are you writing a book and testing your stories out on us? If so, change that name so that it isn't cliche and come up with something original. Kroogorn is the name of one of my dragons. Matuuk is another. Please don't use those names though.
edit on 3-9-2011 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join