It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Katia is now a hurricane

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ForeverDusk

This is kinda interesting though, surprised nobody has come up with this, especially on this site.

The #'s of the letters of the alphabet.

K A T I A
9 1 20 11 1 rearranged: 9/11/2011

Not to say it really means anything, but interesting none the less!

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by wlf15y

You`re on the ball! Did you notice if you rearrange the letters to correspond with the correct date sequence, 9-11-2011, we end up with kaati or cat eye? Hmmmm
edit on 2-9-2011 by Antoniastar because: space again.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Why is no one talking about this hurricane? It's supposed to become a cat. 3 right around Bermuda and looks like its on a beeline for the east coast.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Gwampo

We are talking about it. It's just too early to be constantly monitoring it. This is more the hour of watching and seeing "If" it will hit the US, rather than "where" will it hit the US.
-Nothing is innevitable at this point. It still may die out, turn Northward, or continue toward Bermuda. It's still early to give it full attention. Right now the gulf is looking pretty alarming. 20" of rain could cause immense flooding. I hope everyone will be ok.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Well it looks like the models have had a change of heart, showing katia taking more of a westerly track now.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/01012f6fba62.png[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by jondave
Katai is too far North to effect North America.

The Bahamas and Eastern Canada aren't part of NA?

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I don't claim to know how to properly read this map but it looks like the Atlantic doesn't cool down much as you go north:

www.getaforecast.com...

The difference being 86f up until you are almost to Nova Scotia at 76f.

So if the jet stream, or prevailing winds, whatever you want to call them pushes this puppy north east, Atlantic Canada is looking at some nasty weather. Btw, Atlantic Canada IS in North America.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Upgraded to hurricane again:
CNN

Don't mind the idiots at CNN using a picture of tropical storm Lee. The story is about Katia.
I did an irl /facepalm when I saw that picture.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by jondave
Katai is too far North to effect North America.

The Bahamas and Eastern Canada aren't part of NA?

Neither is Mexico to many people.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
OK, so last 11 pm last night it was a 70 mph Tropical Storm, 11am it's a 100mph Cat 2 ?? Katia please make up your mind !!!!!

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by 13star
OK, so last 11 pm last night it was a 70 mph Tropical Storm, 11am it's a 100mph Cat 2 ?? Katia please make up your mind !!!!!

Hehe, I just noticed that. Last I saw it was a TS. now it's a category 2? That was a fast change. It's expected to be a cat 3 by tomorrow as well.
Here's a link to a map of it's projected path. map

It shows it breaking off at the end. I dunno though. From what I can tell, they aren't that good at predicting hurricane strength and direction.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
the latest tracks have it east of the US

sorry, no riots this time either

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Caji316
I just went through Irene here in Eastern N.C. Many trees down and flooding. This was done with little winds around 95 mph. This coming storm they say could reach cat. 3 and 165+ mph winds in a few days. If this thing hits the USA it will be just like Katrina...Seems strange her name this time is Karia.....Maybe Karina's BIG sister....lets hope it turns out to sea and no-one uses HAARP on it or sends those Microwaves into it also.

i'm not sure what to make of this footage:

tropic.ssec.wisc.edu...

but it seems ominously similar to the tell-tale Irene haarp beams coming from the same direction

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
It's just been posted by CNN that it's a Cat 4.

CNN: Hurricane Katia Strengthens to Cat 4

top topics

<< 1   >>

join