It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"I Voted For Obama, Now I'm Voting For Ron Paul"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

I voted for Obama, simply because I did not want to vote for McCain. It was a tough choice, at the time, and for some reason I still believe it would be worse with McCain in control.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisF231
Ron Paul can't win. A vote for Ron Paul is basically a vote for Obama.

This is why I voted for McCain, not because I liked McCain but as a vote against Obama since nobody other than the Dem or the Rep can win.

Rick Perry can't win. No self respecting Democrat would ever vote for that train wreck.

My registered Democrat sisters are all Ivy Leauue educated, compassionate, environmentaly conscious young women. They believed Obama's message in 2008. They now see hin for who and what he is.

They've all come to respect Ron Paul and his positions. They will be voting for him.

A Rick Perry nomination=an Obama second term. Intelligent Dems and Independents will never go for Rick Perry despite the disinfo and fearmongering regarding it being a "vote for Obama".

Fool me once- shame on you.
Fool me twice-shame on me.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by tamusan

I voted for Obama, simply because I did not want to vote for McCain. It was a tough choice, at the time, and for some reason I still believe it would be worse with McCain in control.

I agree with you and think that Rick Perry would be EVEN worse than McCain.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by tamusan

So you did not vote for Obama because you supported his agenda. You did not vote for Obama based on what he brought to the table. In other words you voted for the less of two evils.

That type of attitude towards voting is very common and quiet frankly that is part of the problem in this country. People look at their two choices and make a decision even if they do not care for either choice. That makes no sense to me at all. If you are going to buy a car that you will have for the next 5 years and you are given a choice between 2 lemons... it dont matter which one you choose, your still getting a lemon. So would you still buy one of the cars? No you wouldn't, you would walk away. You would search for something else in your price range that you can depend on.

I didn't like either choice so I stayed home on election day, and that is what people should do. If there is no one running in the Presidential Election who is worth a damn... DONT VOTE AT ALL!!! Stay home!! Can you imagine what would happen if literally no one voted? If people finally put their foot down and said, "enough is enough! I am not going to decide between piece of crap A and piece of crap B"

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
That's one point of view that could be taken from my previous post, but I will be a little more blunt this time. I did not want McCain to be elected. I voted against McCain. I had a basic idea of what Obama was coming in with, but I didn't believe it would effect me, and I am lucky enough to say it hasn't.
Usually, I'm neither red nor blue.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by bacci0909
Anthony Anderson: I Voted for Obama, Now I'm Voting for Ron Paul

Pretty interesting article by Anthony Anderson at the Huffington Post. The title says it all.. he's disillusioned by the puppet he had so much faith in, and now he feels Ron Paul is the only one speaking with true sincerity. Some of the reasons he gives and information he provides are surprisingly edgy for a publication like HP, talking about Monsanto and the Fed, presidents being merely "employees"..

I cried when Obama won. I really thought it was a new dawn for the US and the world as a whole. I was so ashamed of the Bush administration... all the violence and greed just made me ashamed to be from the US. Somehow though I still thought that there was a difference between the two parties.

I have to thank Mr. Obama for waking me up to this truth. When he showed support for Monsanto and big agribusiness, the continued (and escalated) warmongering, and even the continued selling-out of the American taxpayer to the Federal Reserve, the lightbulb went off in my head -- they are all simply employees.

Great, just as long as you don't repeat the last mistake and vote for Oobahmer. Vote for anyone else but not him.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I was only able to vote since 2000 and lemme tell ya, that wasn't a good year to be a registered voter! I haven't cast a single vote in my life after I saw Bush actually winning 2 terms..... Then Obama came and I saw through his facade from the get go, he had no political history to speak of and basically appeared out of thin air....

This year though I have seen Ron Paul have a following that I didn't see in 08 and it's really giving me some hope for this election.... That being said this will be the first time in my life I feel compelled to vote because I never felt this strongly about someone leading this country than him.... If Obama end up getting a second term I fear I will fall into a deep dark depression....

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisF231
Ron Paul can't win. A vote for Ron Paul is basically a vote for Obama.

This is why I voted for McCain, not because I liked McCain but as a vote against Obama since nobody other than the Dem or the Rep can win.

That's funny because if Ron Paul doesn't get in the primary, I'm voting for Obama. I voted for Obama because McCain scared the crap out of me and I would again in a heart beat because McCain and most GOP candidates still scare the crap out of me.

You better hope Ron Paul wins because there are a ton of us "liberal scum" who supports him and, if he's not on the menu, we're probably gonna vote for Obama again. He's your only chance of getting the swing states and a good chunk of democrats.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ChrisF231

How is a vote for Ron Paul a vote for Obama? If it were those 2 in the general elections a vote for Ron Paul WOULD NOT be a vote for Obama, it would be against him. Do you get it now?

Obama 'said' many things that Ron Paul has been saying for decades, Obama had no evidence to support his policies, he flopped on many of his claims and the people were none-the-wiser. It is quite silly actually, many of the GOP candidates are starting to sound just like Ron Paul when they realized how powerful his message was in the 08 election, what with the Tea Party and his dedicated grassroots. Now when you watch the debates many candidates are touching upon liberties but they are still afraid to promise to protect the constitution, something that Ron Paul doesn't shy from talking about in almost every single one of his speeches.

So, please enlighten me, how is a vote for Ron Paul just like a vote for Obama?

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Yes, Ron Paul pulls the most independent votes as well. This race has to be Ron Paul vs Obama, he is the only person that can beat Obama, you guys think America will vote for Bush #2? Forget that...too soon.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by bacci0909

I really like Ron Paul...he is an unusual person...and I believe he tells the truth...as he knows it to be.

However....a friend of mine who has been around for a long time said...that Ron Paul will not be elected....unless the Rothschilds and Rockerfellers have picked him to win. My friend said that those 2 families are the ones that pick the Presidents....

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by robyn

That is the funny thing about Rick Perry and people who support him because he is the new guy and he's from Texas, that state that did really well during the recession.

Rick Perry will get destroyed by Obama, right now Perry polls high because people don't know who he really is yet, only that he was in charge of a state that did and is doing well but that isn't because of him, anybody smart and knows the nature of the lonestar state knows this already. Once Perry is seen in national debates and his dirt gets kicked up by Romney (or Obama if he makes it that far) in smear campaigns the people will flock to either Paul or Romney.

Perry is a puppet, more so than Romney would be and would be a much worse president than Obama but slightly less so than Bush. I don't know if I'm the only one making these connections but just youtube Perry and compare him to Bush, the resemblance is uncanny, will America vote in another Dubya in just 4 short years? Hell no, Perry can't get independent votes and neither can Obama if he were to go toe to toe with Ron Paul.

Ron Paul is the only one that can beat Obama and the polls show it, he just needs to get through the GOP which is a circus all in itself, All he needs to do is win or take second the first few caucuses and primaries and he could very well domino into a GOP nod to go against Obama. When Ron Paul's ideas go national, there is no way people won't vote for him.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by bacci0909

Um, how is everyone saying oh i cry when obama got elected, why the # did they think it was a new dawn>

1 answer. hes black...thats all

top topics

<< 1   >>

join