It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"I Voted For Obama, Now I'm Voting For Ron Paul"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Anthony Anderson: I Voted for Obama, Now I'm Voting for Ron Paul

Pretty interesting article by Anthony Anderson at the Huffington Post. The title says it all.. he's disillusioned by the puppet he had so much faith in, and now he feels Ron Paul is the only one speaking with true sincerity. Some of the reasons he gives and information he provides are surprisingly edgy for a publication like HP, talking about Monsanto and the Fed, presidents being merely "employees"..

I cried when Obama won. I really thought it was a new dawn for the US and the world as a whole. I was so ashamed of the Bush administration... all the violence and greed just made me ashamed to be from the US. Somehow though I still thought that there was a difference between the two parties.

I have to thank Mr. Obama for waking me up to this truth. When he showed support for Monsanto and big agribusiness, the continued (and escalated) warmongering, and even the continued selling-out of the American taxpayer to the Federal Reserve, the lightbulb went off in my head -- they are all simply employees.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by bacci0909

Yeah. Okay.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I think the only good Obama brought to our country was how he influenced some of the intelligent democrats. Many people who believed in Obama's message were extremely disappointed and realize that a politician that truly believes in Liberty is the only answer to our problems.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Considering what we have in the field to choose from - I'll be voting for Ron Paul.

2nd

edit on 1-9-2011 by Emptiness Dancing because: 2nd

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Ron Paul can't win. A vote for Ron Paul is basically a vote for Obama.

This is why I voted for McCain, not because I liked McCain but as a vote against Obama since nobody other than the Dem or the Rep can win.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
this only further proves that USA is full of idiots.

People are not voting based on important issues, deficit, homes, jobs, less government involvement, and more free market, allowing business to operate with fewer regulations, less "security" and more freedom, constittional rights, freedom to express and use amendments without a police state response, etc. etc. the list is huge.

Regardless of your topics that are IMPORTANT, stop the american idol voting like the idiot in the article. You voted on an "idea" not a "fact" and you screwed not just yourself but everybody including OTHER countries.

This person honestly makes me sick, crying? You weenie, you voted in the biggest fraud to date and I blame you.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Democrats love Ron Paul.

This is why he will not win the REPUBLICAN nomination.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisF231

If all the people I heard say that actually just hushed up and supported Paul, Paul's presidency would be assured. You'd do well to check out the Rasmussen poll showing that a head-to-head with Paul and Obama gives Obama his lowest support as compared to any of the other republican candidates (poll here), and Paul draws a lot more independent AND democrat votes than any of the other republicans does - the republican nomination is Paul's biggest hurdle, only because it seems most republicans would be willing to cut off their noses to spite their faces over their desire for militarism and controlling other peoples' lives.

This is why I voted for McCain, not because I liked McCain but as a vote against Obama since nobody other than the Dem or the Rep can win.

Good job - and how exactly did that work out for you? Maybe if you and the other republicans would have realized in 2007/2008 that the country has moved away from your pet projects, that Paul had been right about pretty much everything, AND that he was the only candidate who could outflank the republicans from the right as well as Obama from the left, Obama might not be our president right now.

Please, wake up and don't repeat the same mistakes that gave us Obama last time - and will again. I can almost guarantee you that Paul supporters will continue to stand on principle and NOT support the lesser of evils again, and at this point we're a large enough faction of the republican party to likely decide the election yet again if we don't have someone WORTH supporting to pick from.

Take care.
edit on 9/1/2011 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Text
reply to post by ChrisF231

I guess you're not familiar with the term, "A vote for the lesser of two evils is still a vote for evil."

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisF231

You are clearly an Obama shill. Ron Paul is nothing like Obama. You are an idiot.Keep drinking your sodium fluoride kool-aid.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eavel
this only further proves that USA is full of idiots.

People are not voting based on important issues, deficit, homes, jobs, less government involvement, and more free market, allowing business to operate with fewer regulations, less "security" and more freedom, constittional rights, freedom to express and use amendments without a police state response, etc. etc. the list is huge.

Regardless of your topics that are IMPORTANT, stop the american idol voting like the idiot in the article. You voted on an "idea" not a "fact" and you screwed not just yourself but everybody including OTHER countries.

This person honestly makes me sick, crying? You weenie, you voted in the biggest fraud to date and I blame you.

Absolutely. It would have been nice if he'd gotten into some more substance. I thought that the nature of the article would have invited a lot of "why do you think Ron Paul would be any different than Obama" type of comments.. of course US is idiots, but if we can reach enough of them, via whatever means necessary, to get Ronnie into office, then I'm fine with it

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher

Yeah. Okay.

speaking of fluoride... looks like somebody can't find any words to explain anything

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by RowdyAmerican1

Not cool, and I believe is also a likely T&C violation, so would suggest cooling the rhetoric somewhat.

While I strongly disagree with his reasoning, and the outcome, his thoughts are by no means an uncommon sentiment to hear from today's republican voters. It simply needs to be corrected - and things like you've posted here will merely drive people away. Come on, now..

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I'm now embarrassed to say I voted for Obama and will next be voting for Ron Paul as well.

I fell for all that "Hope and Change" nonsense just like so many others. He not only didn't fulfill even a small percentage of what he promised, he actually went in the opposite direction on so many issues and that little George Jefferson swagger doesn't help.

I'm voting for Ron Paul on principle. He's not my ideal choice by any means, but after this election, I think a great many people including myself will be done with "the cycle". Talking and playing by "
the rules" doesn't do squat. Look overseas and you get a clue how to really get your country back.

Just imagine Perry as president, it's laughable to think he'll be any better than Bush. Obama again? Only if they get the better Diebold hackers and then it's four more years of even worse policy because now there is no re-election to worry about. Ron Paul as president, if it happens, will probably just show people it doesn't matter who's president, corruption will still rule the day.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Meggadittos!

I -was- glad when ("my") Obama won. It was temporary insanity, though, brought on by story after story of horrific sex dungeon torture, of innocent foreign sovereign people, who became insurgents against our invaders, in a "war" that had -zero- to do with 9-11-01, which is -still- traumatic to me, and forever will be. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but, I percieved, that in the mid 2000's, --everyone-- was just starting to get "online". I first became a regular on the interwebs in '06. Thats recent! Point being, everyone is either fully awake, or on their way there. I believe, ------- much moreso than even 2008. "Fool me once, I won't git fooled agin!"

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Nice Try.

I only drink bottled and I thought personal attacks were not allowed here ?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisF231

I will better sell my soul to devil then to vote for Mccain .

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher

Nice Try.

I only drink bottled and I thought personal attacks were not allowed here ?

My comment was as much a personal attack as yours was..

and fyi.. plenty of bottled waters contain fluoride, watch out for "added minerals" on the label

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I voted for Obama, and currently have no idea who I will vote for next. Just the thought of another campaign season is making my stomach churn.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
For all you people who claim that you voted for Obama, I hope you learned a lesson. Maybe this time you will look into the voting records of the Candidate and see what they have done instead of just listening to the words they speak. Those of us who actually did some research into Candidate Obama already knew that his voting record did not match up with the words he was speaking.
edit on 1-9-2011 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join