It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fukushima Will be Killings us for Years

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I did search and did not find this particular info, if I missed it please move or delete.

This article from theintelhub.com has a great information on what our MSM and TPTB are not telling us.

Fukushima is Killing us

According to this article, we are continually being blasted with radiation among other toxic substances. That is not going to stop for thousands of years.
We cannot even guess what will happen from the oceans, that is just from the air.
This is a relatively short article and a must read.
Our media and both gov'ment of Japan and the USA are not letting us know this. No one is talking about this but us and several websites like this one.
Please read...

edit on 1-9-2011 by MissPoovey because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
What would it do if they did report this on the news?

What if they admitted we are being "slowly" over radiated?

What would people do to Tepco if they admitted to the extent of damage realistically?

How would people in America react if they knew they would more than likely be dying from cancer by their 50s-60s?

The answers to those questions are why this stuff is kept off the radar.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
So you believe that not knowing is better than the knowing?
I disagree.
I want to know that our food is tainted already.
I want to know what our countries are going to do to help Japan contain this mess.
I want to deny ignorance, don't you?

edit on 1-9-2011 by MissPoovey because: spelling error

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Okay, we're dying. Some of us have two options. Option one, Either I commit suicide. Option two, I deal with this like the scared sheeple I am, not to mention some of the people with families. Crazy people and family don't mix, if we start seeing suicides from our fellow conspiracy brothers and sisters. It wouldn't surprise me..

Option one is sounding more and more appealing each day to a lot of people, that is sad knowing we can't do a damn thing.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by MissPoovey

Of course, that's why we're all here isn't it?
I want to know all those things too and now I do, and I spread this information as widely as I am able to. What I was stating is that they aren't going to admit their wrong doings, never have and never will, except when they get caught and have no choice, like when Clinton had Monica.

We are on our own, think it's always been that way.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Apart perhaps for those living close by, Fukishima is nothing compared with the effects of the radiation from the sun and the rocks beneath our feet. Or, even, in some places, the consequences of excavating and burning coal.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
There is so much confusion over Fukushima!

It is so hard to discern the real truth in so many things and this is one of them.

I only wish I could believe in our Government like I did when I was a child.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
this is sounding a lot like another nuclear meltdown i've recently read up on...

en.wikipedia.org...

The Chernobyl disaster (locally Катастрофа Чернобыля, Chornobyl Catastrophe) was a nuclear accident that occurred on 26 April 1986 at the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant in Ukraine (officially Ukrainian SSR), which was under the direct jurisdiction of the central Moscow's authorities. An explosion and fire released large quantities of radioactive contamination into the atmosphere, which spread over much of Western USSR and Europe. It is considered the worst nuclear power plant accident in history, and is one of only two classified as a level 7 event on the International Nuclear Event Scale (the other being the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear disaster).[1] The battle to contain the contamination and avert a greater catastrophe ultimately involved over 500,000 workers and cost an estimated 18 billion rubles, crippling the Soviet economy.[2]

edit on 1-9-2011 by schitzoandro because: correct ex-text

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Fukushima is nothing compared to cosmic radiation we get all the time. Locally Fukushima radiates more, but has no effect worldwide.

Also you get lot radiation from earth. Radon is main reason for cancer in some areas. Radon comes from Uranium deposits when those deposits decay.

Maybe we should move to bunkers deep underground and with good air conditioning

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

I would rather know the truth and that is because I would be able to act upon it and so will others, taking measures to try and protect themselves etc and stop this type of thing happening AGAIN.
edit on 1/9/11 by David291 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by David291

I would rather know the truth and that is because I would be able to act upon it and so will others, taking measures to try and protect themselves etc and stop this type of thing happening AGAIN.
edit on 1/9/11 by David291 because: (no reason given)

That is why they will never talk about it honestly! The lawsuits, prison time, etc., the death threats alone would be in the millions!
Let me know when the last major corporation came right out and admitted to corruption before getting caught?

I'll wait.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
Apart perhaps for those living close by, Fukishima is nothing compared with the effects of the radiation from the sun and the rocks beneath our feet. Or, even, in some places, the consequences of excavating and burning coal.

Background radiation - wiki

The chart is in mSv/year.

Look at Natural radiation sources on the chart, Terrestrial sources average .48 mSv/year (480 uSv/yr) , and the US figures are .19 (190 uSv/yr) and .29 mSv/year (290 uSv/yr). Link to radiation conversion calculator
Cosmic Averages are .39 mSv/yr. That is 390 uSv per year.

So combining the Terrestrial and Cosmic sources of radiation, we are only exposed to roughly .87 mSv (870 uSv) in a year on average globally.

According to this source, the average radiation exposure from coal power plant pollution is .03 mrem per year - or .000034 uSv per hour.

Ok lets do all the math and add this up.

Coal : .03 mrem /yr = .3 uSv/yr ( to get per hour rate, divide by 365, then divide that by 24).
(.0000034 mrem OR .000034 uSv per hour )

Terrestrial + Cosmic = 870 uSv / yr or .099 uSv /hour

There is evidence that we are getting readings of above 1 uSv per hour in fresh rainwater samples, ala youtube, liveleak, etc.

Terrestrial, Cosmic, and Coal together only account for .1 uSv per hour radiation emission average.

The average annual radiation exposure from natural sources is about 310 millirem (3.1 millisieverts or mSv).

NRC factsheet
3.1 mSv = 3100 uSv (per year)
3100/365/24 = .35 uSv per hour.

So the average radiation exposure is .35 uSv per hour.

Why are there so many new videos showing 1 uSv and higher?

Looks to me like we have a whole .75 to 1 uSv extra floating around.

By the way, another important fact your post ignores, is that the Sun, the ground, and coal power plants aren't exactly exposing us to such elements as plutonium.

edit on 1-9-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

you are so absolutely right! reading about chernobyl, there was major cover up...

The nearby city of Prypiat was not immediately evacuated after the incident, for the general population of the Soviet Union was not informed of the disaster until Monday, April 28, 2 days later, with a 20 second announcement in the TV news program "Vremya".[47] At that time ABC released its report about the disaster.[48] During that time, all radio broadcasts run by the state were replaced with classical music, which was a common method of preparing the public for an announcement of a tragedy that had taken place. Scientist teams were armed and placed on alert as instructions were awaited.

Only after radiation levels set off alarms at the Forsmark Nuclear Power Plant in Sweden,[49] over one thousand kilometers from the Chernobyl Plant, did the Soviet Union admit that an accident had occurred. Nevertheless, authorities attempted to conceal the scale of the disaster.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I'd take pineapple off your menu's. Hawaii's got to be getting hammered with Cesium right?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

In this video he takes a sample of rainwater from his windshield. He is in Alberta Canada I think?

He said his average background readings are between .05 and .22 uSv per hour according to his measurements. The video shows the sample and it skyrockets to .88 uSv per hour. That's over 4x the background readings.

He also states that supposedly when your readings reach 1.2 uSv per hour, it's becoming quite dangerous and you should evacuate or get away from the source of the exposure. I would have to agree...

Over 4x background readings. There are tons of videos on Youtube and Liveleak showing this...

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
I'd take pineapple off your menu's. Hawaii's got to be getting hammered with Cesium right?

It's everywhere now, although probably concentrated mainly in the Northern Hemisphere. We have seen all the reports of European nations, Asian nations, etc and their detection of the Fukushima contaminants- however it went very quiet after that...

However, there were reports around ATS a few weeks ago about spikes being detected in Australia. So it is in the Southern Hemisphere at this point although I have never seen any estimates or models predicting what volume we are looking at.

I have not seen any reports from South Africa yet, that and Antarctica would be the last places I would expect it to reach in even very light quantities.

I'll go look around and see if I can find anything about that.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by MissPoovey

The people I know irl don't wanna talk about this stuff.
They're happier not knowing.
In some ways I guess I do understand.
Sometimes ignorance is 'better'. At least it 'feels better.'

Thanks for the link. I appreciate all the links that have been shared the last few months.

s/f

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Now that we are informed, how can we as everyday people, mitigate our damages?
Will washing fruits and veggies help when the chemicals are inside the items? No
Quit drinking milk and water...not logical.
Stay inside when it rains, keep doors and windows closed.
What can we do if anything?
We need the governments to get this under control asap! The lies are business as usual, but are they doing anything we don't know about to help Japan? Which in turn helps everyone.
Thanks to everyone who has read this, aleast we are aware of why our loved ones may die from cancer in the years to come.
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Forgive me for going slightly off-topic for a second. It's still related in the end, though.
Just an odd sports story I found while skimming through google hits.

Match halted after Fukushima taunts

The Belgian top-flight encounter between Germinal Beerschot and Lierse on Friday was halted by the referee after Lierse goalkeeper Eiji Kawashima was taunted with chants about the Fukushima disaster.

The match ended in a 1-1 draw, but Kawashima, 28, left the pitch at full-time in tears, and spoke of his anger at the chants.

"I am prepared to forget about a lot of things, but not that. It is not remotely funny," he said.

I dunno why, but I figured I would share that, it touched me in a odd way. I agree with Eiji, it isn't very funny at all.

I shared it in here because it was this thread I was googling things based upon in the first place.
I guess that's why I snapped at the poster above in the first place because I don't think it's funny to spread misinformation and half-truths about the Fukushima disaster with the intent to downplay it's severity or misdirect people away from the truth.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by MissPoovey
Now that we are informed, how can we as everyday people, mitigate our damages?
Will washing fruits and veggies help when the chemicals are inside the items? No
Quit drinking milk and water...not logical.
Stay inside when it rains, keep doors and windows closed.
What can we do if anything?
We need the governments to get this under control asap! The lies are business as usual, but are they doing anything we don't know about to help Japan? Which in turn helps everyone.
Thanks to everyone who has read this, aleast we are aware of why our loved ones may die from cancer in the years to come.
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em.

Can't do anything.

The groundwater will be entirely contaminated anytime soon, if not already.
Closing doors & windows etc, futile.

Can't do anything. Move to South Africa? But they have their own local pollution problems that are quite severe. Even recently a section of Johannesburg was evacuated due to local radiation hazards (industrial- ore processing I think).

If you don't have a full-time 100 year underground bunker network to live in 24/7 for a few generations...than you will become contaminated eventually if even slightly. Like Michio Kaku said, there is a piece of Chernobyl in all of us already. It dilutes and spreads that fast.

How many particles of Fukushima debris are in all of us by now? (In North Hemisphere)
Five? Ten? A hundred? Unknown....

We can decrease the odds by changing our habits, like avoiding spinach from Japan for example. Someone earlier mentioned pineapples, that may be possible. We don't know though yet since our government and institutions failed us big time and have not reported clearly about the pollution levels detected in things like Hawaiian pineapples.

Maybe pineapples are extremely resistant to this type of stuff? Some plants are more resistant than others, but no one is offering concise charts and diagrams to educate the public about what types of issues we are challenged with here.

I am incredibly disappointed honestly.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join