It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan nuke holdout resolved to stay

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

apan nuke holdout resolved to stay

news.yahoo.com

In this nuclear no-man's land poisoned by radiation from a disaster-battered power plant, rice farmer Naoto Matsumura refuses to leave despite government orders. He says he has thought about the possibility of getting cancer but prefers to stay — with a skinny dog named Aki his constant companion.

"If I give up and leave, it's all over," he told The Associated Press. "It's my responsibility to stay. And it is my right to be here."
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 1-9-2011 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Is this just another case of a crazy person staying for a disaster? Like when people stay even when a volcano is going off, or flood, or hurricane.

It seems we always see cases like this, with people either to stubborn or too stupid to leave.

Is this something more though? he seems to think it is his responsibility to stay, he is taking care of all the neighborhood animals as well.

It certainly is a good case of survival in a SHTF scenario even if it is a self imposed one.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
thread already started yesterday in Japan forum.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by trilogy111

Sorry didn't see, searched for the mans name, assumed it would of brought that up.

mod please close

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
no worries

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Its not always stubbornness or stupidity that keeps people in stricken areas. It could be economic, or patriotism as is the case with alot of chernobyl people.

Despite the fact that 99% of Belarus is contaminated with radioactive material, many people refuse to leave their homes behind. Asked why he would not move, the father of a radiation victim replies, “To leave the motherland where you were born and raised, where your soul is connected to the earth – I would not want to. To move to a new place is difficult, especially in terms of a job in Belarus and abroad.”

HBO Chernobyl Heart

Is it selfishness on their part for not thinking of the children, especially when they are being born with such difficult birth defects? Possibly, but then again, its a case of not knowing till you have walked a mile in their shoes.

And people are allowed to post the same article to multiple forums so no harm no foul on either ones part.

My .02¢

Silver

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I guess he's looking at it as if he were on a ship and his the captian. The captian wants to go down with the ship...if he so chooses...let it be. Though I believe all the kids need to be evacuated. My heart breaks thinking about all the children suffering in the world. Makes me madder than hell to know children are suffering. Children are my first priority and should be everone else's too. Shameful to see what priorities people have....

top topics

join