It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Opposition To Obama Speech Possibly Based On Skin Color

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by smarterthanyou
reply to post by Atzil321

We oppose him because our constitution and bill of rights is under attack.

Is it?

We should opposed Bush before going to war and bailing out the banks as well, but 9/11 had us in a stupor.

For eight years?

Now we know that 9/11 was a false flag.

We do?

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Yes, Obama is a globalist, so our sovereignty is under attack. Yes, the wars after 9/11 were supported on a bipartisan basis but people started getting sick of it when they realized there wasn't a clear mission. Yes, there is overwhelming evidence that the government deliberately did not stop the attack and perhaps even caused it, considering a private entity would really have no power to take down those buildings the way they were brought down. Advanced explosives were used and there's really only one place you can get those, DoD.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
well, it's not an either/or thing, both things are true.

1) Obama faces more opposition to his policies, his initiatives, hell, his very presence in the white house because he's black. About this, if we're being honest, there is no question.

2) he's a bad president, and does not deserve reelection. period. and obama supporters will play ANY card, race or otherwise to get him reelected.

Now, as a black man, I'm glad he was elected. I knew his hope and change was bull#. But, Barack Obama moved all of us up the old evolutionary ladder. How? well, america is the only western democracy to elect a black man to it's highest office.there was a real question in the minds of millions of people, worldwide, as to whether a black man was smart enough, tough enough, competent enough to be POTUS. Whether you think Obama is a good president is, of course, open to debate;obviously, like every president since kennedy, the TPTB runs this town; but, he is clearly able to handle the day-to-day MECHANICS of being president. So, he erased that question, and because he is able to handle it, another black man or woman will be president at some point. he served his purpose.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
All accusations of racism aside, why can't people just stop participating in partisanship all together. We all know that presidential elections are shams anyway. It's a show provided to us by those up top in order to safeguard the illusion that the people are the voice of the government. People need to realize that this hasn't been the case for a very long time, and hop off the political bandwagon. Democrats, republicans, libertarians, it doesn't matter. Once we see these political wrestling matches for what they are (fake) then we can really start to get # done.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

apparently the left and democrats are the ones who "need to brush up on what racism is"

whats the problem there outkast dont like it when someone paints you with a broad brush like all the teaparty detractors and obama critics have been?

oh well

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Clearly the general population will not vote for Obama in the same percentage as whites in 2012. If there is a 5% swing away from Obama from white voters and no decline in the black vote, does that constitute racism? Of course it does.

These statements "of course there is opposition towards Obama because of his race" are bs. How is that determined? Obama is being held to a double standard. By what factual evidence do you assign his lack of support to racism.

He was the most liberal Senator in the US Senate. Could it not be his policies or ideology? He has not achieved much if anything while in office. Could it be that?

If he was executing his policies in superb fashion and those policies were what he campaigned on and folks started turning against him, you might have a leg to stand on. Thats not the case.

Regardless of his current political support, his personal approval remains high and has only recently started to decline. People like him. People want to have a beer with him. People think he is a good father and in general a good guy. I do. I think he is doing an absolutely miserable job as President on all levels. I'm not alone.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
the people who like him, only like him because he's black.....isn't that the pot calling the kettle black?

edit on 2-9-2011 by patternfinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

apparently the left and democrats are the ones who "need to brush up on what racism is"

whats the problem there outkast dont like it when someone paints you with a broad brush like all the teaparty detractors and obama critics have been?

oh well

You still haven't told me who I am being racist too.

Which race am I against???

Don't try to dodge the question...it's a straight forward question.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Veilwalker

1) Obama faces more opposition to his policies, his initiatives, hell, his very presence in the white house because he's black. About this, if we're being honest, there is no question.

I'm not gonna say that I believe the only motivation for his dissenters is that he's black. He's definitely misled and #ed over a lot of people at this point. But it definitely does seem like the Obama hatred started pretty early in his campaign, and not after years of failure as many suggest. It took a little while for people to begin hating bush, but it started immediately with Obama. I've never seen another president being booed after winning the election. So yes, i do believe that racism is a bit of a factor. Racism or not, he won't be getting my vote however.

like every president since kennedy, the TPTB runs this town

actually I like to believe that they've run the show ever since president eisenhower. spot on though, glad to see that someone sees the presidential sham for what it is. Puppets on strings...
edit on 2-9-2011 by kaiode1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
reply to post by centurion1211

Well, it's a good way to divert attention away from the 9.1% unemployment number.
---------
Forget unemployment. Look at the racism right over ..............here!!!and here!

The topics overlap...

While the Unemployment rate is at 9.1%...it is actually slightly lower for Whites and over double for blacks.

whites (8.0 percent),
blacks (16.7 percent)

www.bls.gov...

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaiode1
reply to post by Veilwalker

I'm not gonna say that I believe the only motivation for his dissenters is that he's black. He's definitely misled and #ed over a lot of people at this point. But it definitely does seem like the Obama hatred started pretty early in his campaign, and not after years of failure as many suggest. It took a little while for people to begin hating bush, but it started immediately with Obama. I've never seen another president being booed after winning the election. So yes, i do believe that racism is a bit of a factor. Racism or not, he won't be getting my vote however.

like every president since kennedy, the TPTB runs this town

actually I like to believe that they've run the show ever since president eisenhower. spot on though, glad to see that someone sees the presidential sham for what it is. Puppets on strings...
edit on 2-9-2011 by kaiode1 because: (no reason given)

agree on eisenhower. I was thinking along the lines of, kennedy was assassinated as an example to future presidents,of what happens when you get out of line..yeah, TBTB have been running the show well before JFK.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

But do you deny that many (millions of?) people also voted for obama because he was black?

How is that also not racist?

You don't get to have it both ways by ignoring one form of racism while complaining about another.

Oh no...the dreaded "positive racism".

So I guess you point is that since some people voted for him because he is black...that justifies anyone hating him because he is black???

Like I said before, you can't justify racism.

I would be willing to bet just as many white people voted for McCain because Obama is black as other people voted for Obama because he is black.

But carry on...try to justify racism with your twisted logic.

##SNIP##

definition of racism

How is making ANY decision based on a person's race not a form of racism?

Soooo, if someone voted for obama because he was black, then that voter also chose against another candidate because they are not black.

Put your logic hat back on - it's the exact same damn thing!

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

But do you deny that many (millions of?) people also voted for obama because he was black?

You don't get to have it both ways by ignoring one form of racism while complaining about another.

Do you think President Obama was the first Black Man to ever run for office?

Shirley Chisholm, Jesse Jackson, Lenora Fulani, Alan Keyes, Carol Moseley Braun, Al Sharpton and lets not forget Frederick Douglas.

If someone simply had to be Black to win, it is strange that it took 200+ years for it to happen.

Ignoring the role that race played in electing the previous 43 WHITE presidents seems obtuse.

You don't get to have it both ways

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox

So you're claiming that there's no possibility that racism is afactor in the screeching from the opposition, then, Centurion?

Show me where I ever said that. There are racists everywhere. I'm just not buying into the current campaign by democrats to try and paint ANYONE who doesn't agree with obama's polices as a racist.

Of course, coming from you, it's nothing more than a racist squawking and flapping about after being called a racist. I frankly love that. "What?! How DARE you call me a racist!"
edit on 2/9/2011 by TheWalkingFox because: (no reason given)

Of course, coming from an obama sycophant, it's nothing more than throwing personal insults when you have nothing intellectual to add.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

I'm just not buying into the current campaign by democrats to try and paint ANYONE who doesn't agree with obama's polices as a racist.

I must have missed the press release on that one. Got a link? Surely, there must have been an official statement, made by DNC, making such accusations, no?

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

Do you think President Obama was the first Black Man to ever run for office?

Shirley Chisholm, Jesse Jackson, Lenora Fulani, Alan Keyes, Carol Moseley Braun, Al Sharpton and lets not forget Frederick Douglas.

If someone simply had to be Black to win, it is strange that it took 200+ years for it to happen.

Ignoring the role that race played in electing the previous 43 WHITE presidents seems obtuse.

You don't get to have it both ways

Except for all the people that have admitted voting for obama because he was black and/or "because it was time" (same thing), and not anything to do with his political views - which are BTW ruining this country.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Soooo, if someone voted for obama because he was black, then that voter also chose against another candidate because they are not black.

Put your logic hat back on - it's the exact same damn thing!

Right....and ditto for those that voted Republican against President Obama becuase they want a white President as opposed to a Black President, the issues be damned.

So you acknowledge that there is a racist segment of the Republican party?

BTW - If unable to bring yourself to refer to him as "President Obama" you might want to consider affording him the minimum civilized courtessy of capitalizing his name?

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man

I'm just not buying into the current campaign by democrats to try and paint ANYONE who doesn't agree with obama's polices as a racist.

I must have missed the press release on that one. Got a link? Surely, there must have been an official statement, made by DNC, making such accusations, no?

Got a link?

Try searching ATS for all the threads including the word racism.

Or try searching the recent news for all the democrats screaming racism and saying things like "tea party members want to hangs blacks from a tree".

It's quite obviously part of the democrat's campaign efforts.

You also, don't be a fool on this ...

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join