It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Opposition To Obama Speech Possibly Based On Skin Color

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I really had hoped that with a black man elected President of the United States a lot of this would go away. How racist can this country be when it took millions and millions of white voters for this to happen. Now any black child can dream about growing up to be president. The only reason to play the race card anymore is either political or as an excuse or in this case it seems to be desperation.
What ever happened to "The buck stops here".

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by discharged77
reply to post by bftroop

Marxists are multiculturalists, if you don't want to except their rules for society you are a racist. The Communist manifesto is their bible and they want to ram it down your throat..

So what your saying is that if I don't conform to society I'm a Racist? Well if that's the case than I'll be a racist.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadesofGrey78

I'm sure some people have it in for Obama because he's biracial. However, I think most of his critics are disappointed in him because of his performance as President, not his skin color.

I agree that "most" of the politically aware critics of President Obama have non-racially motivated issue with his policies.

The problem though is that in order for those people to succeed poltically they need broad and vocal support which requires recruiting and mobilizing a base beyond the "poltically educated" and thus you have a mix of genuine criticisms along with more tabloid/emotional/xenophobic/racial appeals to bring a larger crowd.

Every party does it, but the appeal to xenophobia/racism is a particular GOP tactic directed to the Southern conservative and their historical resentment of the "elitist" Northerners.

To claim it does not exist is not accurate, just as claiming there are no legitimate greivances to be had with the Presidents policies is also not accurate.

This video explains well how the GOP uses the south...they don't use the N word anymore, they just accuse our President of being Muslim, hating white people, being born in Africa, being illegitmate etc. etc. etc.

I don't think most GOP strategists are racist, I just think they believe they need racists to win back the White House and thus will appeal to them when they can.

edit on 2-9-2011 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by PaulMcCartney
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

NPR calls him Mr. Obama.

First off...Link? Not one from before he was President.

Secondly...The GOp calls him Muslim, Terrorist, Usurper, Illegitimate and most recently "Tar Baby"

AUGUST 1st 2011
Congressman calls Obama a "tar baby"
whitehouse.blogs.cnn.com...

See how that link thing works?

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by PaulMcCartney
Could it possibly be that US citizens have no more patience left and no more trust for politicians and that is what your seeing with Obama's treatment.

Possibly, but you were debating GOP Politicians/Congressmens right to be disrespectful to the President.

Now you are claiming that it is frustration with politicians that causes citizens to be disrespectful?

Seems you are swapping "US Citizens" with "Politicians" and then back for convenience?
edit on 2-9-2011 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atzil321
As a non-American looking in from the outside, it does seem that Obama has more
opposition to anything he wants to do than any other president in history... and you have
to ask is race a factor in what we are seeing? Even the office of the president of the united
states does not seem to carry as much respect for a lot of Americans since a black man
was elected.

You are correct. No matter how much some try to deny it. And it comes from both whites and blacks.

To deny that racism plays a part in Obama hate is just stupid and intentional denial.

Some whites just can't accept it. And some blacks call him an Oreo - - and don't think he does enough for blacks.

Its really pathetic.

EDIT: many are truly focused on his politics. Not everyone is racist.

edit on 2-9-2011 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

opposition to anything he wants to do than any other president in history... and you have
to ask is race a factor in what we are seeing? Even the office of the president of the united
states does not seem to carry as much respect for a lot of Americans since a black man
was elected.

You are correct. No matter how much some try to deny it. And it comes from both whites and blacks.

To deny that racism plays a part in Obama hate is just stupid and intentional denial.

Some whites just can't accept it. And some blacks call him an Oreo - - and don't think he does enough for blacks.

Its really pathetic.

But do you deny that many (millions of?) people also voted for obama because he was black?

How is that also not racist?

You don't get to have it both ways by ignoring one form of racism while complaining about another.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

At some level, executive jobs are about two things, one qualitative and one quantitative.

On the qualitative side, the executive is to rally his troops, unite them behind a common vison, reach above the petty and strive for great things, creating an organization where the sum is far greater than the parts. On this front, viewed objectively, Obama has failed. The partisan divide is greater than ever,he has put forth no compelling, concrete vision of the future, he has allowed harsh partisans from his own party stir up hatred. He has appointed partisans and placed others in his administration in the role of Czar who are absolutely on the fringe of American politics. He has done nothing to unite. On the qualitative side he has failed thus far.

On the quantitative side, there are accomplishments that need to be objectively viewed. Hard numbers. For the president it is unemployment, inflation, debt, projected spending, workforce productivity, consumer spending among others on the economic side. There are the actual results of policy. The level of CO2 emmissions reduced, this number of kids graduating from schools, the cost of health insurance reduced by x amount, gas prices reduced. What ever the priorities of the President is, quantitatively there needs to be some measured achievement against the efficacy of those policies. In practically every measure, if not all of them, Obama has failed.

If you believe that Obama has been successful in either the qualitative or quantitative sense, I would love for you to provide me with some examples.

Take a look at it this way. In 20 years were you to describe Obama's presidency up to this point to someone without naming the president, describe the state of the country at the time he took office, what has transpired since he took office, his campaign promises against delivering on those promises and ask folks to give him a grade, without knowing who the person was, male or female, old or young, white or non-white they would give him at best a D.

Were he the CEO of a firm and you were on the Board of Directors, you would not even hesititate to fire him. Were we to have a parlimentary form of government, his party would have removed him.

At some point folks are going to have to simply acknowledge that this gent is simply not up to the job. Unable to do that and unable to articulate achievements out of the administration, they point to race, the most cowardly of excuses.

What is racist is placing the cloak of racism over anyone who has legitimate and serious issues with the way the country is being run. The gent has a tough job. To suggest that he get a break from criticism because he is half black - and thats what these "people object to him because of his race" comments amount to is racism at its most ugly core.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Well, it's a good way to divert attention away from the 9.1% unemployment number.
---------
Forget unemployment. Look at the racism right over ..............here!!!and here!
This sort of reminds me of the - old flag burning trick -.
There never was an epidemic of flag burning taking place but it was a good
way to divert attention.
Hmmm.....isn't that clever.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
While it's dispicable and inaccurate to label anyone racist, solely based on the fact that they disagree with Obama's policies, I find it odd that righties are getting so overly defensive.

How can you be so blind as to not see racism toward Obama?

The same people who are continually swearing they're not racist are the same that for years now have begged for birth certificates, and have come up with crazier scenarios than the Magic Bullet Theory.

Of course it's childish are wrong to pull a race card where it isn't applicable, but that's far from equal to stating there is no racism toward the man. You'd have to be blind to not see the racism at times. It's thinly veiled to keep the spineless in the clear, but us grown ups see it just fine.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

But do you deny that many (millions of?) people also voted for obama because he was black?

How is that also not racist?

You don't get to have it both ways by ignoring one form of racism while complaining about another.

Oh no...the dreaded "positive racism".

So I guess you point is that since some people voted for him because he is black...that justifies anyone hating him because he is black???

Like I said before, you can't justify racism.

I would be willing to bet just as many white people voted for McCain because Obama is black as other people voted for Obama because he is black.

But carry on...try to justify racism with your twisted logic.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain
While it's dispicable and inaccurate to label anyone racist, solely based on the fact that they disagree with Obama's policies, I find it odd that righties are getting so overly defensive.

How can you be so blind as to not see racism toward Obama?

The same people who are continually swearing they're not racist are the same that for years now have begged for birth certificates, and have come up with crazier scenarios than the Magic Bullet Theory.

Of course it's childish are wrong to pull a race card where it isn't applicable, but that's far from equal to stating there is no racism toward the man. You'd have to be blind to not see the racism at times. It's thinly veiled to keep the spineless in the clear, but us grown ups see it just fine.

I have a problem with the flat out lies.
---------
A congressman stating that Tea Party members want to hang blacks from trees is a lie.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
its easy to see who the racists are in this country

say anything bad about the current potus and your are proclaimed a racist time and time agian.

thats how his supporters view him the rest of us just view him as the worst president in us history.

its like the dude who farts in the elevator and goes "who farted? the smeller is always the feller"

meh race relations have been set back 50 years because of the left aka progressives.

and that is a fact.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

In 2012 when over 90% of blacks vote for Obama will you consider that racist? Or will you simply lump blacks into all having exactly the same political views, which is of course racist as well?

That the vast majority of blacks voted for Obama is somehow seen as reasonable. Its understandable. It makes sense. It makes sense to justify their racism? OK Why is it not racist to accept blacks being unable or unwilling to rise above race when voting, which they clearly did in 2008 and will undoubtably do in 2012. Is it not racist to suggest that their voting patterns are acceptable? Of course it is because you are reducing the standard of objectivity you are applying to them.

Now when you have a small percentage of whites who voted for Obama in 2008 switch their vote in 2012 what do you expect that will be called? It will obviously be called racist. His performance will have had nothing to do with it?

The entire business is comical. A far greater percentage of blacks voted for Obama because he is black, hence voting entirely based on racism than the percentage of whites who voted against Obama because he is black. You can not look at the numbers and come to any other conclusion.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
its easy to see who the racists are in this country

say anything bad about the current potus and your are proclaimed a racist time and time agian.

thats how his supporters view him the rest of us just view him as the worst president in us history.

its like the dude who farts in the elevator and goes "who farted? the smeller is always the feller"

meh race relations have been set back 50 years because of the left aka progressives.

and that is a fact.

Can you explain to me who I am "racist" against when I point out racism?

What "race" am I hating on or saying is inferior to my race when I claim some action, comment, or behavior is suspiciously racist???

It's like if I would accuse a guy of being sexist...and him turning around and saying "NO YOU ARE THE SEXIST". Just doesn't make sense. Call me wrong, prove me wrong, show me how there is no chance of racist motivation...but don't say I'm racist by pointing out racism...that is just silly and 100% inaccurate.

I think you need to brush up on the definition of what "racism" is.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

So you're claiming that there's no possibility that racism is afactor in the screeching from the opposition, then, Centurion?

Of course, coming from you, it's nothing more than a racist squawking and flapping about after being called a racist. I frankly love that. "What?! How DARE you call me a racist!"
edit on 2/9/2011 by TheWalkingFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

In 2012 when over 90% of blacks vote for Obama will you consider that racist?

Who are they being "racist" towards?

In 2004 88% of blacks voted for Kerry...were they being racist then too
Or was it the 90% of blacks that voted for Gore in 2000....racists also??? Of course you wouldn't make such a silly claim. But 95% of blacks vote for Obama...and you cry "racism"...even though "racism" doesn't make sense in that situation.

I guess Hispanics were being racist also...since they voted in a larger percentage for Obama then they have for Democrats in the past

It's like I'm talking to people in opposite land.

I love the attempts at justification though...keep them coming...nothing like "well they did it first (even though they didn't), so we can too".

It's like saying you can say the "N" word because rappers say it

edit on 2-9-2011 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

states does not seem to carry as much respect for a lot of americans since a black man
was elected.
edit on 1-9-2011 by Atzil321 because: (no reason given)

Exactly. Can you imagine a fraction of the conspiracy theories and vitriol being directed against the man if he had white skin? I doubt it. Certainly the country of birth debate wouldn't exist at all. I think the election of a - to be accurate - mixed race President is a big step forward, long overdue. That is however a separate issue to his policies and I think too many people, including many democrats, built up expectations of some great left-wing icon, when in fact he is on the right of the Democratic party. This is why I laugh so much when Tea Party folk rage at his 'communism'.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by dolphinfan

In 2012 when over 90% of blacks vote for Obama will you consider that racist? Or will you simply lump blacks into all having exactly the same political views, which is of course racist as well?

...Didn't you just lump blacks into all having exactly the same political views?

That the vast majority of blacks voted for Obama is somehow seen as reasonable. Its understandable. It makes sense. It makes sense to justify their racism? OK Why is it not racist to accept blacks being unable or unwilling to rise above race when voting, which they clearly did in 2008 and will undoubtably do in 2012. Is it not racist to suggest that their voting patterns are acceptable? Of course it is because you are reducing the standard of objectivity you are applying to them.

Obama didn't actually win substantially more black votes than any other Democratic president. It's not so much that they were swarming to vote for "their guy" so much as many blacks realize that voting republican is absolutely no different from voting for the Klan.

Now when you have a small percentage of whites who voted for Obama in 2008 switch their vote in 2012 what do you expect that will be called? It will obviously be called racist. His performance will have had nothing to do with it?

Given how many white democrats voted for the guy to feel "progressive" rather than because of his platform - which a great many demonstrably did not, and still do not understand? Well...

The entire business is comical. A far greater percentage of blacks voted for Obama because he is black, hence voting entirely based on racism than the percentage of whites who voted against Obama because he is black. You can not look at the numbers and come to any other conclusion.

Actually, yeah, I can. Blacks voted for Obama because he was a Democrat, and the Democratic party has had a near-monopoly on black votes since the early 70's.White voting patterns didn't shift too much either way; perhaps more young white people decided that Obama would be the guy they pock on their first-time vote, but to be honest, white voting patterns have been more or less static for a long time.

Tend the beam in your own eye, brother.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Atzil321

We oppose him because our constitution and bill of rights is under attack. We should've opposed Bush before going to war and bailing out the banks as well, but 9/11 had us in a stupor. Now we know that 9/11 was a false flag.

edit on 9/2/2011 by smarterthanyou because: typo

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join