It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Opposition To Obama Speech Possibly Based On Skin Color

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Originally posted by Indigo5

Originally posted by kozmo
another historical first. That a sitting President of the United States moves to make a primetime address to Congress at the same time as the opposing party is offering a prime-time televised primary debate. Hmmmmmm? Any comment on that?

Well that would be difficult to research. While Presidential addresses are recorded and documented for historical purposes, GOP Presidential wannabe debates are not, because honestly...who gives Sh*&?

And here we have an example of liberal elitism at its worst.

The obvious answer to your question is - the 80% of the U.S. voters that do not classify themselves as liberal.

Liberal? Depends who you ask. Todays GOP classify anyone who wouldn't beat a homeless man in the street as a Liberal.

Folks like yourself label Moderates as Liberals and Traditional Conservatives as RINOs.

Thank you for acknowledging how threatened the GOP was by the President giving a speech at the same time.

It says a great deal about how much confidence the GOP has in their message that they would throw a petty tantrum over the issue.

Maybe the GOP should go after Fox for broadcasting a new episode of "Buried Treasure" at the same time...see Fox thought the GOP debate was not worthy of bumping "Buried Treasure" at that time, just like CBS thought a an episode of "Big Brother" was not worthy of bumping for a GOP Wannabe debate...

Fox relegated the debate to it's secondary cable channel "Fox News"..

Cuz I am plenty sure that "Big Brother" and "Buried Treasure" and re-runs of Malcom in the Middle will get more viewership than the GOP debates.

Maybe the GOP should start in on the Networks, throw a tantrum and scream more for attention? Because Americans sure as sh*& have run out of reasons to listen to them on any credible grounds.

Eliminate Envirornmental protections!!!! That will get us jobs! Allow illegal stock trading...we just need another bubble to rescue us!

edit on 1-9-2011 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daedal
reply to post by centurion1211

The KKK was the terrorist wing of the Democrat Party.Democrats supported and passed the Missouri Compromise to protect slavery.Republicans enacted civil rights laws in the 1950's and 1960's.

Democrats fought to expand slavery while Republicans fought to end it.
Democrats passed those discriminatory Black Codes and Jim Crow laws.
Democrats supported and passed the Missouri Compromise to protect slavery.
Democrats supported and passed the Kansas Nebraska Act to expand slavery.
Democrats supported and backed the Dred Scott Decision.
Democrats passed the Repeal Act of 1894 that overturned civil right laws enacted by Republicans.
Democrats declared that they would rather vote for a “yellow dog” than vote for a Republican, because the Republican Party was known as the party for blacks.
Democrat President Woodrow Wilson, reintroduced segregation throughout the federal government immediately upon taking office in 1913.
Democrat President Franklin D. Roosevelt’s first appointment to the Supreme Court was a life member of the Ku Klux Klan, Sen. Hugo Black, Democrat of Alabama.

Just to name a few..So you tell me,whose the real racist party in America?

edit on 1-9-2011 by Daedal because: typo

Prior to the civil rights bill...the SOUTH WAS DEMOCRAT...after the bill...THE SOUTH TURNED REPUBLICAN.

Same people different party.

Read a book once in a while rather than get your facts from websites.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

The KKK was the terrorist wing of the Democrat Party.Democrats supported and passed the Missouri Compromise to protect slavery.Republicans enacted civil rights laws in the 1950's and 1960's.

Democrats passed the Repeal Act of 1894 that overturned civil right laws enacted by Republicans.
Democrats declared that they would rather vote for a “yellow dog” than vote for a Republican, because the Republican Party was known as the party for blacks.
Democrat President Woodrow Wilson, reintroduced segregation throughout the federal government immediately upon taking office in 1913.
Democrat President Franklin D. Roosevelt’s first appointment to the Supreme Court was a life member of the Ku Klux Klan, Sen. Hugo Black, Democrat of Alabama.

Prior to the civil rights bill...the SOUTH WAS DEMOCRAT...after the bill...THE SOUTH TURNED REPUBLICAN.

You know that thought had passed my mind actually,that quite possibly these same individuals were the perpetrators initially.Thanks for revealing that to me.So they basically turned Republican to hide their atrocities.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Why was it that a bigger deal was made about moving it to Thursday with a football game being on then the initial was going to be broadcast during the rival parties debates? As was pointed out in a earlier post, the administration has dropped the ball and now is mad that they have to work with those they previously had demonized [and still do]. Yea like your going to find lots of support from the people that you shut out when the ball was in your court. The constant whining about racism is getting old. Every set back is because Obama's black
So even if his ideas suck they must be listened to and followed since hes black. Well with such shining stars of race baiting in the democratic party like the Rev. Al Sharpton is it any wonder why people are sick of hearing "it's because he's black"?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Just a thought if you don't mind.So the South was democrat before the civil rights issues,then after,they(Democrats)turned Republican.So is this Tea Party group a coup or make-up of old Democrat ideals previous to Civil Rights?
edit on 1-9-2011 by Daedal because: wrong post

edit on 1-9-2011 by Daedal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

That is a fact that modern conservatives/republicans/etc. conveniently overlook when they bring up the "Democrat's" past stance the issue.

After the Civil Rights Movement successfully challenged the Jim Crow laws and other forms of institutionalized racism, and after the Democrats as a whole came to symbolize the mainstream left of the United States, the form, if not the content, of Southern Democratic politics began to change. At that point, most Southern Democrats defected to the Republican Party, and helped accelerate the latter's transformation into a more conservative organization.

After World War II, during the civil rights movement, Democrats in the South initially still voted loyally with their party. The signing of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, however, was the last straw for many Southern Democrats, who began voting against Democratic incumbents for GOP candidates. The Republicans carried many Southern states for the first time since before the Great Depression.

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 1-9-2011 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by dolphinfan
reply to post by wcitizen

I don't know if the interview is real or not, but absolutely believe that race will be the biggest thing in the campaign. Bigger than the economy. Whether or not it is driven by Obama, I don't know, but certainly his refusal to repudiate the things said over the past few days by black members of Congress is an indication that there will be tacit approval. A president who has people in his party saying those things and his not publically calling them on it is the same as telling them its cool do use that kind of language.

Look at his refusal to speak to the rash of black on white violence recently, even to attempt to calm folks down. We had several instances if large, vicious attacks, black against white and the President says.......nothing? Another indication that he'll not do anything.

It will be ugly, of that I have no doubt and the aftermath will be a nightmare.

Yes, I remember saying at the time that the black on white violence was being instigated by TPTB.
I agree with you, his silence on these issues is culpable....and a sign that he is in accord with it.

Awful, just awful.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
To all you people STILL arguing Rep/Dem, Lib/Con, I despair. You are playing their game exactly as they want you to...you're like putty in their hands. TPTB must be rubbing their hands and laughing their heads off at you.

You are part of the problem because you refuse to see that it doesn't matter, it is of absolutely no consequence because as long as you play the game, just as they want, like obedient slaves, THEY WIN!

THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE.

Election after election they present you with TWO choices.

1. Illuminati candidate No. 1

2. Illuminati candidate No. 2

Either one will simply follow the exact same agenda, using slightly different rhetoric.

If you haven't grasped that by now, even though it could hardly be more blatant, then enjoy the next few years as their agenda is forced forward even more, and with ever increasing speed.

So many of you seem simply unwilling to take your heads out of the box THEY have created, and that makes you the problem not the solution.

Are you going to sit down and think what your country and the world needs, or are you going to keep on running round the treadmill of R/D like lemmings, insulting each other as you peddle fast, going round in circles?

Or are you going to think about what your country really needs and start making demands, start holding these idiots accountable and looking for someone who can take the country forward in the way it needs and putting yourself l50% behind him/her, and doing everything you can to MAKE it happen?

Elections are a festival for TPTB, because they can keep you divided and fighting with each other for months on end, and that will be even more the case this time.

You keep on arguing Rep/Dem when to anyone with a grain of sense it is clear that they are BOTH intent on destroying your country. Bush/Obama - makes no difference. Same agenda, same systematic, planned, step by step dismantling of everything all ordinary Americans hold dear.

And now they will add racism to the heady mix.

How about you do something radical - and REFUSE TO BE DIVIDED, and together, united into a real force to be reckoned with DEMAND, the change you want. MAKE them accountable.

Get organised into small groups and go to the meetings Rep/Dem - absolutely doesn't matter - and ask them the uncomfortable questions that have to be asked, make them squirm, expose their hypocrisy and HOLD THEM ACCOUNTABLE.

Based on what I see, gotta say I'm not holding my breath.

edit on 1-9-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-9-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaploink
For a group that clams not to be racist, the right sometimes seems a little too defensive on the issue. The outrage always seems a little too manufactured. Take it as you will, but it does make me wonder sometimes.

People tend to act defensive when they hear something negative about something within themselves.

Obama is a god awful president, but you're dishonest if you think that race doesn't have anything to do with some of the garbage that spews from some on the right.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by illuminatislave

Are you saying people on the left can't be racist?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
For God's sake... why are we discussing race again?

It is the most magical red-herring ever invented. Throw a phrase like cracker, porch-monkey, or white-trash out there, and just watch everyone devolve into a bunch of pompous ignoramuses trying to claim "THOSE GUYS - are racists. Therefor, we are morally justified in everything we do."

It's quite pathetic, really.

You should all know that only one in a thousand of you are considered worthy of being treated as an equal. The rest of you are caches of experiences and information to be stripped and exploited by my own intellect.

Carry on with all of this talk about skin color. You're all equally sub-human in my eyes.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
This is ridiculous. I'm black, supported Obama in 2008 and frankly, he has not done a good job. Simple as that.
I have nothing against the man personally. Back in 2008, I was proud that a black (actually biracial) man was elected POTUS. However, I supported him because he seemed like the right person for the job at the time, not because he was biracial. I was wrong.

I'm sure some people have it in for Obama because he's biracial. However, I think most of his critics are disappointed in him because of his performance as President, not his skin color.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

What makes this President different from the other 43? Somehow deserving of historically unprecedented disrespect emenating from a senate that does not include a single African-American?

Hmmmmmmmm.

Maybe no congress has refused a president before.

But just maybe no president has tried to pull this BS before either.

Now obama has messed up the scheduling for his buddies over at NBC ...

ding ding ding.....

this president was the first to go to war because of "UN credibility" without even lying to congress to justify it.

congress"yeah, u can have support, but go through the motions that the president is supposed to. otherwise this is an illegal war"

obama:" HAHAHAHAHA you are telling me what i can and cannot do? im the president. im in control and you dont like it? you must be a racist...ive signed so many dubious EO's that its obvious nobody pays attention. if they do they are racists. people pointing out that my promise for more jobs for blacks has actually cut the number of black jobs is just racist. i dont have to prove i didnt change my name in indonesia, thats just an unsubstantiated claim from a racist tea-bagger..."

if i was in congress i would be upset too
edit on 1-9-2011 by Venomilk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
If anyone called Obama a peanut farmer...well then they might have crossed the line. Does anyone need be reminded of the threats and names called against Bush? Not that I was a Bush fan but some of the rhetoric sounds the same as what the dems did to Bush. I think it was worse for Bush..IMO.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   

I read some Insider blog thing that some washington Insider says the admin will use race big time to stay in power and possibly even resort to race riots. Just look at what's stirring up with the black caucus. This should confirm to everybody that the underlying agenda is not to heal the country.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atzil321
As a non-American looking in from the outside, it does seem that Obama has more
opposition to anything he wants to do than any other president in history... and you have
to ask is race a factor in what we are seeing? Even the office of the president of the united
states does not seem to carry as much respect for a lot of americans since a black man
was elected.
edit on 1-9-2011 by Atzil321 because: (no reason given)

This is a complete false assumption based on a perception that isn't in the thick of it of sorts. I hold no disrespect for the office of the President nor even President Obama; based on his skin color, does it have bearing on his ability and standing of holding the office of the President.

I do however have great contempt for the man who has vilified free markets, allowed regulations to rule; rather than law, has repeatedly made claims he can "act without Congress" (this alone is solid enough for most to hold contempt for the current occupant of the White House), who acted upon emotion when his buddy was confronted by a police officer, who continually plays dumb and acts like anything he has done doesn't smell of bovine secretion.

I had a generally low opinion of George W. Bush too. I have had a low opinion of any president I have been eligible to vote for.

But I must be judging this based on Barack Obama's skin color...

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Next time somebody calls you a racist, turn the tables on them by saying loudly back, "Don't insult my intelligence, jerk!" Though I would advise using some foul language in that sentence. You'd be amazed the results you get when you don't cower before such an accusation or try to defend yourself. You put the jerk pulling the racist card on the defensive. At least, it's worked for me in the past, though I've only been called a racist a couple of times in my life.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadesofGrey78
This is ridiculous. I'm black, supported Obama in 2008 and frankly, he has not done a good job. Simple as that.
I have nothing against the man personally. Back in 2008, I was proud that a black (actually biracial) man was elected POTUS. However, I supported him because he seemed like the right person for the job at the time, not because he was biracial. I was wrong.

I'm sure some people have it in for Obama because he's biracial. However, I think most of his critics are disappointed in him because of his performance as President, not his skin color.

If this, above is true, than bravo on you! I say if true because well, its the Internet and you are posting on a conspiracy website...nearly all are skeptics and taking the word of some translated 1's and 0's doesn't carry authority.

The markers that make me suspect (and honestly, nothing against your point of view) is your emphasis on that he isn't black, but "biracial". While this is true, it seems silly to point out the obvious while his skin color is quite dark and honestly, wouldn't have the first guess he was "biracial".

[I am sure this paragraph will draw in the wacko's....sorry if it does, but I speak frankly and honestly. If you can show me where I am explicitly or even implicitly racists in the above, I will gladly spar with you.]

What is ridiculous is a president who believe's they wield powers they are not enumerated with. Who vacation (this isn't a harp on the number of vacations...keep reading trolls) but put off "important" speeches until he has had his fun. Who have publicly and ignorantly chastised the Justices in a remarkable fall from protocol and even decorum.

I have contempt because frankly, in my opinion he is a dope. An idiot and an employer of at least on liars...namely his chief weasel to the media front.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I'm calling the Dems racist because they think I'm racist due to being white.

By this logic, I'm also a nazi because of my bloodline.

I'm also an "indian" killer because I'm American.

I"m one evil SOB it sounds like! I dont think I want to hang around myself any longer. I'm bad for my self image.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Sigh.

Still playing the duality game?

You have learned nothing here.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join