It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Opposition To Obama Speech Possibly Based On Skin Color

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I had a freind tell me the other day that he was sick of being called a racist everytime he debated his freinds, just because he disagrees with this Admin's policies.

He told me, "I have been called a racist so many times, I think I'm starting to become one."

My reply to him was, "Don't do it, man. That's what they want."

It would give the Democrats actual ammo in the politrickal fight, rather than the hot air they currently blow.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5
Well he appears to be trying to make sense of a historical first...

The Senate Historical Office knows of no instance in which Congress refused the president permission to speak before a Joint Session of Congress,” said Betty K. Koed, an associate historian for the U.S. Senate.

Permission to speak in a joint session is given by resolution of the House and Senate, and arrangements are made through the leadership offices of each chamber.”

www.addictinginfo.org...

What makes this President different from the other 43? Somehow deserving of historically unprecedented disrespect emenating from a senate that does not include a single African-American?

Hmmmmmmmm.

Cuz the alternative is that they believe they will significantly lose viewership of thier (one of several) debates and that implies that they think the average American would much rather listen to the President propose bi-partisan solutions than the GOP contenders compete on stage trying to one up eachother on who hates gay people the most.

My suspicion is a little of both...threatened by the President and comfortable showing him historically unprecedented disrespect because of the color of his skin.

They might as well claim he was a Muslim Extremist or born in Africa...oh..that's right...they already did that.

I am sure people won't think too hard about it...Maybe just scream "race card" without ever thinking about the facts, details or the literal historical disrespect that has been shown to our President by a party that regularly also expresses it's disdain for civil rights.
edit on 1-9-2011 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

Your post is nothing but convenient cherry-picking. Please allow me to tell the rest of the story that your partisanship is so desperately hiding, another historical first. That a sitting President of the United States moves to make a primetime address to Congress at the same time as the opposing party is offering a prime-time televised primary debate. Hmmmmmm? Any comment on that?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Obama didn't change his speech time because of race. He changed the scheduling because he's completely spineless, weak, and ineffectual as a leader.

Had it been me, I would have kept the same time for the speech and told the GOP to go eff themselves. If people didn't like it they could kiss my behind.

Race? I don't think so, lack of spine? That's more like it. Especially bowing to someone like crybaby Boehner, anyone who can't stand up to that emotional wreck doesn't deserve to be on the air.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I heard a saying that goes "If you voted for Obama to prove you aren't a racist, next time vote against him to prove your not an idiot! " I don't know what it is about that, but it's funny!

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok

Had it been me, I would have kept the same time for the speech and told the GOP to go eff themselves. If people didn't like it they could kiss my behind.

A joint session needs to be called by Congress and the Senate...not the President.

This is the first time in history the Senate has refused.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
STUPID KNOWS NO COLOR. NOW -- HOW IS THAT RACIST?????

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

It is a form of racism, I suppose. I look at the world versus the USA and see that our once great country is losing the lead in almost every race we're running...
economic race
industrial race
quality of life race
space race
freedom race
science race
education race
etc.

I want to see America back in the lead in all the races against the rest of the globe... thus, Obama and his policies which have acted like anchors tied to our backsides must go. I could care less about the color of his skin, it's the color of his character and the color of his leadership skills that concern me and, from where I sit, both of those colors are drab and uninspiring.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 1-9-2011 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp
Why does a person have to be a "white" failure, or a "black" failure? Why can't he just be a FAILURE? Like Obama.

I think the real racists are the "progressives," who want to take away from one group that is doing better than others, and give what was taken to those who haven't worked for it. That's racism.

Maybe if they just HAVE to have a black President, they should nominate Colin Powell. At least we would have an achiever with integrity and a resume in office instead of a complainer with no record (other than being a failure) at all.
edit on 9/1/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

When Bush was being criticized continually, did anyone accuse his black critics of being racist and criticizing him because he was white?

Wouldn't that have sounded ridiculous?

Well, that's how crazy the racist argument sounds in relation to Obama.

H has been a huge disappointment because he has continued to implement the same aganda as before, when people really believed he would start to turn things around. His unpopularity is his own fault - he promised SO much and delivered more of the same, which is more oppression, more power to the government, less power to the people, more terrorist fake lies, more debt, more increasing the wealth of the rich and less for the ordinary person. The future perspective, based on the last 3 years, is pretty bleak.... it is now more than ever obvious he is pushing towards a fascist dictatorship with all the repression and enforced poverty that represents.

I criticized Bush, I was not called a racist.

I criticize Obama, I am called a racist.

I don't care if people call me a racist. I will not be silenced by such obvious propaganda.

Beware though, the Obama will use the race card like crazy in this election, because, really, he has nothing much else to use.

edit on 1-9-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
another historical first. That a sitting President of the United States moves to make a primetime address to Congress at the same time as the opposing party is offering a prime-time televised primary debate. Hmmmmmm? Any comment on that?

Well that would be difficult to research. While Presidential addresses are recorded and documented for historical purposes, GOP Presidential wannabe debates are not, because honestly...who gives Sh*&?

It is one of dozens of debates by idealogical half-wits competing to see who can bring the the far right to climax first. I hate gays!! ...Well I hate poor people!! Well I hate gays, poor people and the elderly!!!...make them pay for thier own damn healthcare and eat catfood!

Let me know if you can find a comprehensive list of GOP debates for the past 30 years and I will let you know.

Or maybe I won't...why should I care about more Cry Baby tantrums thrown by the GOP about complete non-issues in the midst of a financial crisis?

What a silly, silly topic. It says volumes about the GOP and what their priorities are.

Later...Keep up the nonsense, I know you folks need something to focus on post COLB..
edit on 1-9-2011 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I don't know how reliable these White House Insider reports are - but if there is any truth to them, the situation in the WH is pretty dire - and he says Obama will stir up racial hatred to try to win the election.

See what you think.

newsflavor.com...

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Sadly, the really fundamental issue here is that Obama, through his lack of substance and lack of engagement has made himself largely irrelevant to the national debate and that has done tremendous damage to the country and the office he holds.

He is in three years, two of them controlling both sides of congress and has not passed a budget.

He delegated his signature policy to two of the most reviled figures in American politics, Reid and Pelosi, virtually ensuring a partisan bill, the core component of which, the individual mandate will likely be ruled unconstitutional

He ignored the budget talks until the last minute, then complained about a lack of engagement. This from the man who when the Republicans attempted to work with him told them "listen, we won the election and elections have consequences". Thats a real way to breech the partisan divide. Now that his party lost the last election, he complains about gridlock and a lack of cooperation.

He blames anything from Tsunamis to the "Arab Spring" for his problems. The Arab Spring is a shining example because he was taking credit for it just a few months ago. CEOs are on TV every day saying it is the uncertainty about the impact of the health care legislation which is still up in the air and uncertainty on tax and regulatory issues that are preventing them from hiring. At the core, the rebuilding of Japan and the liberalization of the Middle East should be good for business.

The things he has put in place have been implemented absent scrutiny through unelected, unvetted 'czars" and through regulation. Much of what has hit the ground, such as the over 400 new regulations that were enacted in the month of July have absolutely no transparency what so ever.

He rushes through the recent debt ceiling negotiations, so he can make his Vineyard vacation and then castigates the Congress (code word = Republicans) for not getting a solution. Recall that he initially proposed a cowardly solution which was to give him a clean rise to the debt ceiling that would last him until after the election.

He, while on the Vineyard claims he has a plan. His plan is obviously not urgent since he schedules unveiling it weeks out. Now its urgent that he get it before the public/congress. "The jobs issue is urgent" Really? If it was urgent he would have blown his vacation off and called Congress back into session - at least the optics of that would have been good.

He has given about 6 job speaches, all of them about investment, green jobs at companies that soon go bankrupt. He has done nothing but deliver campaign speaches since the day he took office. He is not a credible source of solutions. Those solutions he does propose are not meant to be enacted. They are meant to stall in the Congress to give him another out. Another opportunity to blame.

Were he to have credibility based upon a history of presenting pragmatic, workable solutions, it would be different. There would be outrage on his not presenting his plan on the day he chose to. People would be anxious to hear about his solutions to fix the problems.

He has been ineffective to a level that he has damaged the presidency. If he was so intent on giving his speech, he should have told congress to pound sand and gave it directly to the American people and disregard this bogus, campaign oriented nonsense of the House Chamber and the applause, pomp and circumstance and the rest of it. He did not do that because a speach behind his desk would stand on substance, not visuals. He is all about the office and not about working toward real solutions. Unless he can have the ceremony of the House Chamber I guess that the speech is not worth giving. Its all about the show.

I'll be watching the football game. Millions of people will be watching the football game. Millions of people don't care what he says because nothing he says is actionable and we have all heard it before. The next day people will be talking about the football game and how foolish it was to schedule a speach during it. The entire matter will become a joke. Leno, Letterman, Stewart, O'Brian will all make hay with this.

None of this is because of the man's race. Those who blame it on race are unable to discuss the past 2.5 years in a quantitative or qualitative way. Being unable to accurately defend, they, once again, seek to blame.
edit on 1-9-2011 by dolphinfan because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-9-2011 by dolphinfan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
OK, I was informed that the statement I made on page #1 about Black Churches Burning because of Republicans was false. No one as ever be more Raciest than the Whites in the GOP.
So My Friend centurion1211, I would like to defend myself and my husband for opening my eyes.

Fanning Imaginary Flames: A Look Back At The Great Church Fire Propaganda Campaignt

I will add some inserts from the article, But I would suggest you read the article for yourself.
It wasn't but:

Fifteen summers ago, America's news media informed us that black churches throughout the South were being torched by white racists.

The Truth is:

In fact, it never happened.

OK, Now Who were the Main Characters in this Plot:

In late March of 1996, The Center for Democratic Renewal (CDR) and the National Council of Churches (NCC) held a joint press conference to report a huge increase in the number of arsons committed against black churches. In media interviews, the Rev. Mac Charles Jones, a CDR board member, blamed "a well-organized white-supremacist movement" for what he called "domestic terrorism."

OH and there is another:

President Bill Clinton met with two black ministers at the request of NCC general secretary Joan Campbell.

Yes it gets better, especially after POTUS B. Clinton made the comment about himself witnessing a Black Church being Burning down by the White Man, When he never did and there was none burnt where he lived and stated he witness this.
Source: www.americanthinker.com...
edit on 1-9-2011 by guohua because: spelling

edit on 1-9-2011 by guohua because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-9-2011 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

It'n not. I stand by what I posted. Lose your attitude. We're global now and you ain't all that.

I'll be blunt.

NO ONE ON THIS PLANET CARES ABOUT WHITE PEOPLE COMPLAINING THAT THEY ARE BEING ACCUSED OF RACISM EXCEPT FOR A HANDFUL OF OTHER WHITE PEOPLE.

I'm sorry if that is harsh. But you didn't seem to get it the first time.
edit on 1-9-2011 by skepticconwatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher

I'll be blunt.

NO ONE ON THIS PLANET CARES ABOUT WHITE PEOPLE COMPLAINING THAT THEY ARE BEING ACCUSED OF RACISM EXCEPT FOR A HANDFUL OF OTHER WHITE PEOPLE.

Ahem. *cough* Er, you're wrong. Racism taints every colour. Speaking as someone who doesn't put caucasian on their HR forms, you're wrong.
Playing the race card, using the race card weakens everyone.
Frankly, it's embarassing.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

What makes this President different from the other 43? Somehow deserving of historically unprecedented disrespect emenating from a senate that does not include a single African-American?

Hmmmmmmmm.

The "disrespect" starts with obama for purposely trying to schedule his speech over top of the debates which had been scheduled long before. That obama tried this as a political ploy is obvious to all but the most die hard obama sycophants.

Maybe no congress has refused a president before.

But just maybe no president has tried to pull this BS before either.

Now obama has messed up the scheduling for his buddies over at NBC ...

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher

I'm sorry if that is harsh. But you didn't seem to get it the first time.

Thank you for posting one of the best (worst) examples of (reverse) racism anyone will ever see.

Whites should care about racism towards others when no one - according to you - cares about racism towards whites???

Also a great example of HYPOCRISY.

Sorry to be so blunt.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Atzil321

Did you ever think that the state of our economy might have to do with the discontent.
We were not in a good position economically when Obama took office so all eyes on him.
Plus the guy promised a lot of stuff to a lot of people.
I was exhausted after all those years of Bush. I've had enough of politicians.
Obama asked for the job.
I don't care that he's black. He's a nasty dirty politician imo.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
another historical first. That a sitting President of the United States moves to make a primetime address to Congress at the same time as the opposing party is offering a prime-time televised primary debate. Hmmmmmm? Any comment on that?

Well that would be difficult to research. While Presidential addresses are recorded and documented for historical purposes, GOP Presidential wannabe debates are not, because honestly...who gives Sh*&?

And here we have an example of liberal elitism at its worst.

The obvious answer to your question is - the 80% of the U.S. voters that do not classify themselves as liberal.

The people who care more about this country and what happens to it than they do just getting one of their own reelected - the country be damned.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

I don't know if the interview is real or not, but absolutely believe that race will be the biggest thing in the campaign. Bigger than the economy. Whether or not it is driven by Obama, I don't know, but certainly his refusal to repudiate the things said over the past few days by black members of Congress is an indication that there will be tacit approval. A president who has people in his party saying those things and his not publically calling them on it is the same as telling them its cool do use that kind of language.

Look at his refusal to speak to the rash of black on white violence recently, even to attempt to calm folks down. We had several instances if large, vicious attacks, black against white and the President says.......nothing? Another indication that he'll not do anything.

It will be ugly, of that I have no doubt and the aftermath will be a nightmare.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

The KKK was the terrorist wing of the Democrat Party.Democrats supported and passed the Missouri Compromise to protect slavery.Republicans enacted civil rights laws in the 1950's and 1960's.

Democrats fought to expand slavery while Republicans fought to end it.
Democrats passed those discriminatory Black Codes and Jim Crow laws.
Democrats supported and passed the Missouri Compromise to protect slavery.
Democrats supported and passed the Kansas Nebraska Act to expand slavery.
Democrats supported and backed the Dred Scott Decision.
Democrats passed the Repeal Act of 1894 that overturned civil right laws enacted by Republicans.
Democrats declared that they would rather vote for a “yellow dog” than vote for a Republican, because the Republican Party was known as the party for blacks.
Democrat President Woodrow Wilson, reintroduced segregation throughout the federal government immediately upon taking office in 1913.
Democrat President Franklin D. Roosevelt’s first appointment to the Supreme Court was a life member of the Ku Klux Klan, Sen. Hugo Black, Democrat of Alabama.

Just to name a few..So you tell me,whose the real racist party in America?

edit on 1-9-2011 by Daedal because: typo

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join