It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cameron chairing conference on future of Libya

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

A summit on the future of Libya chaired by David Cameron and French President Nicolas Sarkozy is under way in Paris.

Source

More than 60 countries are attending.

Those present include UN secretary general Ban Ki-Moon, German Chancellor Angela Merkel and US Secretary of State Hilary Clinton.

Mr Cameron said the meeting was an opportunity to help the NTC on the path to establishing a free, democratic and inclusive Libya.

a free, democratic and inclusive Libya? i heard that one the same thing about iraq, 60 countries are attending eh? 60 western puppet countries this meeting isnt about libya been a free, democratic and inclusive Libya. its about who can keep the Oil.

this picture is worth a thousand words.
edit on 1-9-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Im sure "Flashman" Cameron knows the feelings and views of the man on the ground in Libya. I'm sure he knows whats best for them! I hope he is aware that according to the Pentagon there is a "flicker" of Al Qaeda in the TNC ?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Oh for God's sake now "conference on future of Libya"? They have created a Mediterranean Irak ruled by Sharia Law WITH OUR TAXES in five months. I wont say where they can stuck that conference up.

EDIT I think is one of the most idiotic things we (no, THEY) 've done ever. Every single President in office during the 80's and 90's received with hugs and flowers the old Gadaffi, we even cleared space in our cities for their JAIMA (that huge bedouin desert tent) embassy! This is so ludicrous. Is this war gonna help WESTERN interests in any way? Oh my God, we (at least my country, engaged too in this war) 're governed by idiots.

edit on 1/9/11 by AboveTheTrees because: to add more rant!!!!!

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Same old, same old lies and smoke screens to dupe the unquestioning public while they split up the loot.

And, of course, the bill for the no-doubt several million dollar cost of the conference will be paid for by guess who? Yep, us.

I wonder if the Al Qaeda Commander of the rebels, who is an ex Guantanamo Bay prisoner of war, and known terrorist, is attending the meeting as well? If so, we will be footing the bill for his attendance as well.

edit on 1-9-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Cameron is there representing the UK travel industry, we want to grab some nice hotel spots before the germans get involved. Nice beaches and near the roman ruins, lovely.

Coming soon to a Thompson travel brochure.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
They are dividing the loot. That's all.

Gaddafi wanted to withdraw libyan money from french banks before the war started and deposit it in asian banks. That would have been a major blow to the Eurozone and especially Credit Agricole and other french banks.

Some nice background information

wsws.org...

www.atimes.com...

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Speaking before the event, Mr Cameron said the meeting was an opportunity to help the NTC on the path to establishing a free, democratic and inclusive Libya.

Well clearly it's not going to be a free and democratic Libya ,as the rebels want to enforce Sharia law.

"This is a Libyan-owned, Libyan led process,"

You have to laugh at this statement "Amazing"

The UK has said the immediate focus of international assistance should be on providing urgent medical and humanitarian aid as well as diplomatic support as the NTC assumes power.

But this is the bit that gets me ,haven't they cut all power and water in tripoli and Sirte,and completely cut off Sirte from any form of medical supply's and outside contact with threats they will all die if they don't comply to there rule ,hardly humanitarian ?

This conference is nothing more then back patting ,there will be a lot of brown envelope passing going on right now from the corporations all grabbing their slice of the action.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Perhaps we are all blinded by the trees in the forest.

Take a look at Libya’s assets and accounts in “foreign” countries.

If Kaddafi was such an “all for me and none for all” type guy, why would he be transferring all that wealth out of Libya and into the hives of TPTB for the last 40 years.?

The fact is Kaddafi is an installed leader just like most, a mid-level agent of TPTB, inc.

TPTB gave him an option to exercise and he took the deal when he took over the CEO job of Libya, Inc.
He will retire will plenty of benefits at an undisclosed location of course. His trial and/or death will be fabricated with a double, as was Saddam Hussein’s and others.

An article from last March has a partial list of “investments” controlled by the Libyan Investment Authority (LIA), and “investments” owned by the Libyan central bank.

The Libyan Investment Authority was, oddly enough, recently formed in 2006…. Hmmm?

The LIA, Libya's largest store of oil savings, controls about US$64 billion (Dh235.06bn) of assets. [color=limegreen]It owns 3 per cent of Pearson, the publisher of the Financial Times, and 7.5 per cent of Juventus Football Club, according to regulatory disclosures in November. It also has 2.6 per cent of UniCredit, one of Italy's largest banks, and 2 per cent of Finmeccanica, an Italian conglomerate.

Any freeze on those assets could further restrain the regime from using financial muscle to quash the popular uprising.

Pearson said yesterday the LIA's 3.27 per cent holding was "effectively frozen", as its lawyers advised that the shares were subject to UN and UK sanctions. The company has told the LIA that it "will not register any transfer or pay any dividend in respect of the shares until further notice".

Other government institutions also boast big foreign holdings. [color=limegreen]The Libyan central bank owns an additional 4 per cent of UniCredit, plus almost 60 per cent of Bahrain's Arab Banking Corporation (ABC) and 14.45 per cent of Arab Insurance Group in Bahrain.
ABC said on Monday it had not been affected by the global asset freezes. World divided on what Libyan assets to freeze .. Mar 2, 2011

Stop and think how many $100’s of Billions has gone to TPTB holding tanks since 1969 !!$
$!!

Current assets frozen are between $50 Billion and $100 Billion !!!

Now that NATO has just about destroyed most of Libya’s infrastructures, the next move is to award all the rebuilding contracts and continue the exploitations of resources at a faster rate than before, since all new equipment will soon be in use.

The ancient merchant/business/banking elites have been in business for 1000’s of years.

The life of Corporations continues on regardless of who dies !

And Now They Meet to Decide the Fate of the Spoils !

edit on Sep-01-2011 by xuenchen because:

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
The Arab Banking Corporation is a worldwide bank !

Branches all over the place.

Welcome to ABC's home page

Who are we?

Arab Banking Corporation, popularly known as ABC, is an international Universal bank headquartered in Manama, Kingdom of Bahrain. Our network spreads over 22 countries in the MENA and GCC, Europe, the Americas and Asia.
ABC, founded in 1980, is listed on the Bahrain stock exchange and [color=limegreen]our major shareholders are the Central Bank of Libya and Kuwait Investment Authority.
ABC is a leader in Trade Finance, Treasury, Project & Structured Finance, Syndications, Corporate & Institutional Banking as well as Islamic Banking. We are also expanding our retail network in the MENA region.

Arab Banking Corporation

I wonder if the London/Rothschild connection is plugged in ?

and guess what else ?

they dabble in INTEREST RATES $$
$$

www.arabbanking.com...

ABC provides a full range of interest rate derivative products across all major rate indices (LIBOR, Treasuries etc). The basic products include:

Swaps
Swaptions
Caps & Floors
Collars
Forward Rate Agreements
Spread locks
Cross Currency Swaps
Exotic Options

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Libya-Owned Arab Banking Corp.

Drew at Least $5 Billion From Fed in Crisis

WHAT A BOMBSHELL !!!

Better than a NATO airstrike I might say outloud !!

WHeeeeewwww...

from April 2011 article

Arab Banking Corp., the lender part- owned by the Central Bank of Libya, used a New York branch to get 73 loans from the U.S. Federal Reserve in the 18 months after Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc. collapsed.

The bank, then 29 percent-owned by the Libyan state, had aggregate borrowings in that period of $35 billion -- while the largest single loan amount outstanding was $1.2 billion in July 2009, according to Fed data released yesterday. In October 2008, when lending to financial institutions by the central bank’s so- called discount window peaked at $111 billion, Arab Banking took repeated loans totaling more than $2 billion.

Libya-Owned Arab Banking Corp. Drew at Least $5 Billion From Fed in Crisis

What ELSE don't we know ?

new topics

top topics

join