It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World leaders meet to discuss post-Gadhafi Libya

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Here is an update from after the meeting.

Leaders agree UN to take lead in post-Gadhafi Libya

World leaders agreed on Thursday that the United Nations will take the lead on assisting Libya's new leadership in a post-Moammar Gadhafi era. Leaders and envoys from 60 nations met in Paris for talks with the rebel-led National Transitional Council to build a roadmap of Libya's future and hash out a strategy for winding down the NATO mission. UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon said that dozens of world leaders agreed that the UN will take the lead and he urged "prompt action" to "deploy a civilian mission as rapidly as possible."

Post Gadhafi era? Sure, he isn't in control anymore, but neither are the rebels. The rebels alone most likely can't beat the Gadhafi loyalists, so NATO is pretty much admitting that they are ready to bomb the # out of Libya in order to achieve their goal. I imagine the "civilian mission" the article mentions they want to deploy, is really a military ground invasion/occupation. These people are so predictable lately.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

This is a perfect example of what many of us predicted since the beginning...democracy Western style from our great friends NATO. We all know how great it worked out for Iraq and Afghanistan. I know this news isn't very surprising, but it confirms our obvious suspicions. I am willing to bet that Libya's economy will suffer under whatever currency and form of government they use. More occupied countries for NATO tax payers to fund, nothing new here folks...

www.ctv.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 1-9-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

Libya's economy will not suffer as long as they have oil. Of course that does not mean that the general population will reap any rewards.

Libya is part of the growing unrest in the Middle East. I have some friends who do nothing but monitor the activities of the Middle East and we have all been predicting the changes in the Middle East which we are now seeing.

Muslim nations are in flux. There are a great many muslims who would like to have more freedoms, and the ability to create and conduct business the way it is done in the west. They are not happy about restrictions.

There are also Muslims who want everything to be under the strict regulations of the Quran, and there are other Muslims who are tired of all the talk about pushing Israel into the sea, and they want to get on with it.

If fanatical groups manage to get control of the governments in the Middle East then it's going to be Katy Bar The Door! All we can do for now is sit back and watch. I have friends on a Middle East based forum which keeps me pretty well informed on what goes on there.

<< 1   >>

join