It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Speaking to your Guide (Guardian Angel)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Method 2: (The easiest method, but room for error, as sometimes the mind will interject) Clear your mind of all thoughts. Close your eyes, and ask your deepest questions and you will get an answer back. Now, it may sound like your own voice, but it's just yourself repeating to yourself what you just heard. Over time, you will hear another voice that sounds different when you get use to it. Make sure you ask these questions in your head and not out loud. For below can hear out loud, but above is the only one who can hear inside of yourself.

I've tried similar to this. I've also spent a lot of time requesting answers. I know I've been here before this life, I've had dreams in which I wasn't the "me" that I am now.

I've been engulfed in a pinkish light that only one other person saw during a time in my life that was hard to deal with. It was something, I don't know what.

When I tried the above method, I got no voices, nothing from left or right, but I did see in my mind, very clearly, a large lion's head (male), then a bright pin point of light, then a face (man's face) that looked part Asian, part Mid East.

I sure hope I have the light on my side, I don't have a dark disposition.
I had to kill 2 mice in my kitchen with mouse traps, a couple of weeks ago, and it still bothers me. I'm in a farming community, live traps are illegal here with mice. I don't ever want to have to do that again.

I feel protected, but I don't get any answers with clarity.
Do you have any ideas on the lion, the face, and the pink light?

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

I've been engulfed in a pinkish light that only one other person saw during a time in my life that was hard to deal with. It was something, I don't know what.

This was another angel who was there to help at that time, from above.

When I tried the above method, I got no voices, nothing from left or right, but I did see in my mind, very clearly, a large lion's head (male), then a bright pin point of light, then a face (man's face) that looked part Asian, part Mid East.

This was Jesus revealing himself to you. To let you know he is there, to guide you on your path.

I sure hope I have the light on my side, I don't have a dark disposition.

You are not of dark, you are surely of light!

I feel protected, but I don't get any answers with clarity.

You are protected until the appointed time. I am being vague in my responses, as I don't want to go too deep on an open forum. If you'd like you can PM me for more info.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76
Make sure you ask these questions in your head and not out loud. For below can hear out loud, but above is the only one who can hear inside of yourself.

I am skeptical of this. What is this based on? To where can this pearl of wisdom be traced?

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
This thread is misleading and contrary to the scriptures. There is no such thing as a "spirit guide" at least not for those who follow Christ. The only guide that a true believer in Christ should listen to is the Holy Spirit, which lives in us, if you believe of course.

If you need answers from the Lord then just ask in prayer and wait for His answer. Seeking answers from angels or other types of spirits will only lead you astray. Remember, even Satan believes that Jesus came in the flesh, so for a spirit to admit this to you means nothing.

"14 And no wonder! For Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light.
15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also transform themselves into ministers of righteousness, whose end will be according to their works." 2 Corinthians 11

I'm not saying that we don't have angles who watch over us, all I'm saying is that you should not be asking them for answers. There are alot of people being deceived into thinking that contacting spirits is the best way to find what they are looking for, it is a very dangerous game to be playing.

Christ said "whatever you ask the Father in My name He will give you. John 16:23" not the name of a different spirit. And like wise "Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. Jeremiah 29:12"

Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know. Jeremiah 33:3’

I could point out a bunch more but I think you get the point. Both God and Jesus tells us to ask "God" for the answers to our questions, no one else. Be careful brothers and sisters, and may the Lord be with you.

edit on 15-10-2011 by RealTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by unworldly

Make sure you ask these questions in your head and not out loud. For below can hear out loud, but above is the only one who can hear inside of yourself.

I am skeptical of this. What is this based on? To where can this pearl of wisdom be traced?

As I am posting on the internet, I can only point in said direction. Don't take my word for out. Seek this out for yourself, it will be revealed.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by RealTruthSeeker

You wrote:

["The only guide that a true believer in Christ should listen to is the Holy Spirit, which lives in us, if you believe of course."]

As there are several (also non-christian) versions of 'holy spirits' on the holiness market, I take it that the 'holy spirit' YOU talk about must be 'approved' by 'true' christians, so as not to break the standard christian circular argumentation.

We can't have unapproved 'holy spirits' floating around, it could disrupt christian self-righteousness and elitism.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by unworldly

As I am posting on the internet, I can only point in said direction. Don't take my word for out. Seek this out for yourself, it will be revealed.

In my many years of field-'research' on religious matters, I for a couple of years joined a revival-movement of northern religion. Which like similar to many shamanistic practices also have a version of 'guiding something'.

One of the 'holy men' in that group, relying on his own fantasies (as mostly is the case with 'holy men') searched for a guiding whatever on my behalf, and first came up with a pig (kind of spiritual downgrade), but later found out, that I actually have a polar bear as my 'totem' (as I guess the correct term would be).

But being both rational and sceptical I do however not run my life on imaginary inner dialogues wirh polar bears.
edit on 25-10-2011 by bogomil because: spelling

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by bogomil

You wrote:

["The only guide that a true believer in Christ should listen to is the Holy Spirit, which lives in us, if you believe of course."]

As there are several (also non-christian) versions of 'holy spirits' on the holiness market, I take it that the 'holy spirit' YOU talk about must be 'approved' by 'true' christians, so as not to break the standard christian circular argumentation.

We can't have unapproved 'holy spirits' floating around, it could disrupt christian self-righteousness and elitism.

That's funny, show me one religious text other than the Bible that uses the term "Holy Spirit". I could be wrong about that, but I have never seen any, and I've read alot of other text.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

You wrote:

["That's funny, show me one religious text other than the Bible that uses the term "Holy Spirit". I could be wrong about that, but I have never seen any, and I've read alot of other text."]

Is the labelling more important than the factual 'holy spiritivity' (that is, even if it's not 'holy' after all)? Is the doctrinal 'approval' more important than the factual existence of such outside christian elitism?

I am in possession of a non-christian 'holy spirit' (originating from a somewhat secular muslim source), and I remember another contributor mentioning, that he had a 'holy spirit' of asian origin.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

I am in possession of a non-christian 'holy spirit' (originating from a somewhat secular muslim source), and I remember another contributor mentioning, that he had a 'holy spirit' of asian origin.

What is the purpose of this holy spirit? What is the role in your life?

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Do you not know that we will judge angels? How much more the things of this life! 1 Corinthians 6:3

You will judge your guardian angel at the end on how well they did in helping you here on Earth. I forgot to add that to the OP.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

You wrote:

["That's funny, show me one religious text other than the Bible that uses the term "Holy Spirit". I could be wrong about that, but I have never seen any, and I've read alot of other text."]

Is the labelling more important than the factual 'holy spiritivity' (that is, even if it's not 'holy' after all)? Is the doctrinal 'approval' more important than the factual existence of such outside christian elitism?

Your missing the point. The God I believe in has clearly identified His Holy Presence as the "Holy Spirit". I've yet to see anything in writing from another religious text which uses this exact phrase. If you can point one out I'd be more than glad to see it.
edit on 25-10-2011 by RealTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

You wrote:

["What is the purpose of this holy spirit?"]

Ultimately? How should I know.

At a simpler level: Defintely not to create false elitist claims of exclusivity. There's a lot of socalled 'spiritual' energies etc. in circulation, similar to 'holy spirits', and any 'seeker' who's been outside the self-contained bubble of a navel-gazing christianity are familar with such.

Quote: ["What is the role in your life?"]

I'm a life-long student of religion and existential questions. I seek first-hand knowledge where-ever I can find it.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

If first hand knowledge was direct in your face, how would you know it to be true? Say for instance an angel from above was revealing information about the end times or heaven. You said you seek first hand knowledge, that's different from first hand experience. Would you take it as they are giving, or would you rather experience it?

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

You wrote:

["If first hand knowledge was direct in your face, how would you know it to be true?"]

I wouldn't. At least not in an absolute sense. (I'm a (moderate) philosophical scepticist). I could include it in a more or less probable relative 'truth' useful in a given context.

Quote: ["Say for instance an angel from above was revealing information about the end times or heaven."]

I haven't met any 'angels', but more than my share of paranormal entities, which I believe to be inter-dimensional.

1/ I can't be sure of the REAL nature of such entities (what they really are beyond my perception).

2/ That such entities are trans-cosmic and not 'just' paranormal is pure speculation without ANY validation whatsoever, (except by using circular argumentation from a mythological manual, which self-proclaims its own 'truth').

Quote: [" You said you seek first hand knowledge, that's different from first hand experience."]

You COULD read my posts. How do you think I can have a 'holy spirit' if not by experience?

edit on 25-10-2011 by bogomil because: clarification

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

That such entities are trans-cosmic and not 'just' paranormal is pure speculation without ANY validation whatsoever

So, my question is: How could it be validated, for you to know it is what it is?

I haven't met any 'angels', but more than my share of paranormal entities, which I believe to be inter-dimensional.

Many have, but never knew the difference between an angel and a human. But, they don't like to be called angels. I use the word angel because it's most easily recognized.
edit on 25-10-2011 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

How do you think I can have a 'holy spirit' if not by experience?

Your experience could never be Holy unless the entity identifies itself as such, without that identification then you are most likely being deceived.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealTruthSeeker

Your experience could never be Holy unless the entity identifies itself as such, without that identification then you are most likely being deceived.

That's part of your circular nonsense-argumentation; which is why I formerly have stressed the point of christian 'approval', where only the 'right' premises, leading to the predetermined answer(s) can be used.

It's just another sophistery in the chain of christian irrational semantic gymnastics.
edit on 25-10-2011 by bogomil because: addition

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealTruthSeeker

That's part of your circular nonsense-argumentation.

Correction, that would be fact in the Spiritual Realm, since you have never had such contact then you can't be sure now can you?

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

You wrote:

["Many have, but never knew the difference between an angel and a human. But, they don't like to be called angels. I use the word angel because it's most easily recognized."]

Anybody's guess. If you consider it valid for you, fine. That doesn't make it valid for anybody else.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join