It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSM covers UFO sighting over Santiago, Chilie

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur
.....I hate how so many UFO videos are lights that just hover. Where are all of the videos of lights moving erratically through the sky in patterns that no aircraft could do? Where are all the close-ups that show detail? I want to see some crisp footage that undoubtedly shows an alien spacecraft, but 80% of the time it's just some lights in the sky that just float there.

There's actually a good reason for this. If the people who were filming these types of things had the capabilities to zoom in and get a clear, crisp image, then they would see that what they are filming is just something ordinary and that would be the end of it. There are a handful of well-documented, worthwhile sightings, but they got lost in the background noise of all the ultra-lame photos and videos. It's very unfortunate, it derails meaningful conversation on the topic. And I totally agree with you, let's see the quality stuff, quit bombarding us with fuzzy lights in the sky.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SavedOneThere's actually a good reason for this. If the people who were filming these types of things had the capabilities to zoom in and get a clear, crisp image, then they would see that what they are filming is just something ordinary and that would be the end of it. There are a handful of well-documented, worthwhile sightings, but they got lost in the background noise of all the ultra-lame photos and videos. It's very unfortunate, it derails meaningful conversation on the topic. And I totally agree with you, let's see the quality stuff, quit bombarding us with fuzzy lights in the sky.

has it crossed your head that this video is the best you will see given the equipment and the distance they were from these lights, or would you prefer that they magically get a telescope to satisfy your curiosity? with an event such as this you do what you can with what is at your disposal, and the will to share - even with the likes of you.

best, bruno

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
The problem here is that we don't have the original footage, or even a youtube link to the original footage..

What we have is a news video showing selected, taken out of context, video clips from the original footage, so a video of a video...

How can we make an educated determination of what the lights are from this?

Now every year at least once, someone posts video of these lights from Santiago Chile which have always been military planes in various flight formations. There happens to be a flight school there. For those of you who are new around here and may be unaware do a search and you will see that there are threads upon threads of Santiago Ovnis (planes). Or better yet do a youtube search for Santiago UFOS and see how many different ones come up.. too bad they're all of the same thing...

Given this fact I would have to say that the lights in these clips are most likely related to these planes in some way.

Now the movement of the lights at about 1:45 in is interesting, but again they only show us a 3 second portion of it so it's impossible to determine what they are from that news video. Its taken out of context..

BUT I will say it reminded me of these lights from Santiago-

TO the member who is flatmates with the person who filmed this-- can you ask him to post the entire thing here?
edit on 1-9-2011 by PhotonEffect because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SavedOneWhat's "desperate" is when people post videos of fuzzy, slow-moving lights and insist that it's some kind of ET-controlled vehicle, and it happens far too often on ATS. The debunkers typically point out is that this is a conclusion that simply cannot be drawn from a low quality video clip, there could be any number of rational explanations including conventional aircraft, Chinese lanterns (which are VERY popular these days around the world), car headlights on a distant mountain that give the false impression of being in the sky simply because it's so dark out, etc. A lot of the debunkers around here believe in ETs and believe we are being visited, the fact that they dismiss videos like this in a rational manner does not mean they're "desperate".

for the record the people who saw this are rational. they know what they saw, even if they can't explain exactly what it was they saw. this is why the local aeronautical bureau was contacted, to find an explanation. the alternatives you bring up do not fit as the lights did not move like chinese lanterns, there are no roads on this the mountain - too steep - and the lights do not fit the pattern of previous chilean airforce displays. that leaves a window of possibility for something else.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mark_Frost
reply to post by Lighterside

I am not saying I think that this video presents proof of visitation, but you my friend just de-bunked yourself.

The people who took the video said that the lights in the sky were visible for about an hour, sky divers cannot free fall for an hour.
At least not to my knowledge.

Just because a YouTube video is only 2 minutes long, it doesn't necessarily mean that was the time frame of the event. Movie magic my friend.

I'm thinking maybe a military exercise of some sort but that's just a guess.

lol, pssst.... gotta secret to tell you. Just because the film students who filmed this say it lasted an hour, doesn't mean it actually did.

Besides, skydivers at night was my opinion on what it looked like, I supplied the information about free fall times to answer someone else who had a question about it. But if you ask me, I think Phage's explanation of what we are seeing is more likely.

Whether this is skydivers, car headlights on a mountain, or exercises from the local air force academy (or some sort of training school from what I recall), I definitely don't think this is a video of alien craft, or super secret black project craft.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by bcccl
for the record the people who saw this are rational. they know what they saw, even if they can't explain exactly what it was they saw. this is why the local aeronautical bureau was contacted, to find an explanation. the alternatives you bring up do not fit as the lights did not move like chinese lanterns, there are no roads on this the mountain - too steep - and the lights do not fit the pattern of previous chilean airforce displays. that leaves a window of possibility for something else.

Well no, they don't know what they saw, right?

SInce this took place over an extended period of time over a very populated city then we should expect more eyewitness accounts or videos of these lights?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhotonEffect
TO the member who is flatmates with the person who filmed this-- can you ask him to post the entire thing here?

i have asked my flatmate to see if he can get at least a portion of the original footage. if that happens - with permission from the cameraman - i will upload what i can.

best, bruno

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by bcccl

Originally posted by PhotonEffect

i have asked my flatmate to see if he can get at least a portion of the original footage. if that happens - with permission from the cameraman - i will upload what i can.

best, bruno

Any chance your flatmates filmed these?

www.youtube.com...#!

(posted above already)
edit on 2-9-2011 by PhotonEffect because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhotonEffectWell no, they don't know what they saw, right?

SInce this took place over an extended period of time over a very populated city then we should expect more eyewitness accounts or videos of these lights?

ha! yes, i would assume more than five people saw the lights, it's a big city.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightersideBesides, skydivers at night was my opinion on what it looked like, I supplied the information about free fall times to answer someone else who had a question about it. But if you ask me, I think Phage's explanation of what we are seeing is more likely.

Whether this is skydivers, car headlights on a mountain, or exercises from the local air force academy (or some sort of training school from what I recall), I definitely don't think this is a video of alien craft, or super secret black project craft.

these were not free falling lights/skydivers - they were static, going up, sideways and any combination of the above. there is also no way to put a (moving) car on this part of the andes, much less see car headlights halfway across the city. as i mentioned earlier, there was a bright flash that alerted my flatmate's friends to the lights, and these lights formed a triangle, a rhombus shape and so on.

i agree with you however that these were not necessarily alien craft. and yet, judging from the movement of the lights, the question remains what known craft would move this way.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by bcccl

Greetings Bruno,
Thanks for joining to share that info with us! Much appreciated.

also, you've already made more great posts than a lot of people who have been here a long while,
and do nothing but call "bs" to anything and everything posted/filmed/etc. lol

Nice to be amongst you.
Looking forward to more of your posts. Thanks!

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Skydivers at night? LOL. That's a new one.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by discharged77

Originally posted by discharged77
Skydivers at night? LOL. That's a new one.

Not Really....

UFO turns out to be Red Bull skydivers

Texas UFO Sighting 15th October 2010 solved?

UFO Video – UFO Sightings over Cincinnati, Ohio Last Night

These are some results with minimal effort. Take off your tin hat and put some effort into your thought process.

Remember, 95% of ALL ufo cases can be explained, one shouldn't jump to the conclusion that balls of light in the sky are craft of any sort, let alone aliens. There are plenty of things that we humans can put into the night sky with a light on it. These object shown in the OP's vid show no sign of intelligent control from what I watched, no movement that can't be attributed to the wind.

But again, I'm only stressing the point that YES night sky divers can appear to be static in the sky from a perspective on the ground, and HAVE been mistaken for UFO's before.

I still think Phage is most likely correct. However, to be honest, the evidence presented here isn't even good enough to pursue an accurate explanation imo.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by iksose7

2:333 onwards has some very interesting footage of some craft in daylight (no mountain behind it, Gortex) apparently dissapearing, and then reappearing several inches ahead. The quality is not the greatest, but this seems to perpetuate this movement quite a few times.

Just saying, would definitely like to see the unedited version of that specific part of the video.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

I see no difference between the video in the OP and the regular Santiago "UFO" video's that show FACH demonstration team .

Planes not ufo over Santiago Chile

I expect this video can make clear the confusion in other videos of same thing in youtube, here is filmed with more light (sony DCR-TRV730 optical zoom 18x, using a tripod). at the end the plane shape is more evident. this is surely a training planes fleet , they only carry a fix front light , for some moments fly in front of the camera appearing to be static lights, later they turn and the light seem to vanish. To the naked eye or with less light , or a smaller zoom, is impossible to see the plane body, we would only thee its front light.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   

The position of the mountain lends credibility to the option of terrestrial action on it. But skydivers? You can't be serious.
edit on 2/9/11 by Morg234 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ahmose
Greetings Bruno,
Thanks for joining to share that info with us! Much appreciated.

also, you've already made more great posts than a lot of people who have been here a long while,
and do nothing but call "bs" to anything and everything posted/filmed/etc. lol

Nice to be amongst you.
Looking forward to more of your posts. Thanks!

that's very kind of you, thanks.

Originally posted by Lighterside
I still think Phage is most likely correct. However, to be honest, the evidence presented here isn't even good enough to pursue an accurate explanation imo.

i think we would all like to have irrefutable, up close, first hand evidence in hd. who wouldn't?. i'm sure the evidence would be more convincing if we had seen the lights from a better vantage point. personally, as i was asked if i wanted to see a ufo, i imagined anything from being directly under a huge craft to seeing one faint light disappearing into the horizon. it was something closer to the latter. my point is we do what we can with what we are dealt with, and know what we see with our own eyes (or what we don't see, as photoneffect says). it may well have been an aircraft excercise, a pretty odd one judging by videos of other exercises, but i am open to that. my flatmate's friends feel vindicated by geting into the news instead of being written off as delusional. i would go to great lengths to present all the footage to as many people as possible, but that's me and i'm not the one who filmed this. i'm just glad i saw a bit of this and can add something to this thread.

best, bruno

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Morg234

Your right, there's no possible way anyone could jump out of a plane with a light, that's just crazy talk.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Are you kidding me? do you have any idea of how far that mountain is from the camera? there is a whole town between the camera and the mountain. how long does it take to drive halfway across a town? I don't think this necessarily indicates there is aliens on that video, but a guy on a bike? A guy on Nike shoes traversing thick foliage and hilly terrain? even a car would not move that fast at that scale. If you are so desperate for a terrestrial explanation there is an easier one that would fit the sighting better: helicopters that are closer to the camera than the hill itself. Still, no idea what the object really is, it is unknown, it is likely flying since I don't think anything tracking the ground can move like the faster object on the right side of the hill, it might be intelligent, but it lacks the last trait to make it interesting in my opinion: to be interesting I think it needs to be extraordinary in dimensions, flight dynamics or somehow exclude terrestrial causes by its appearance. Otherwise I think the object could be explained by ordinary terrestrial things just as well. So I will file it under the "who knows" category.

As for the increased media coverage, no doubt there seems to be somewhat of a wave of sightings or a wave in coverage. Not sure if it is juts me, but, although reports happen all year long, most really interesting sightings tend to cluster around late fall and winter for some weird reason. Maybe it is people spending more time outside? coincidence? maybe we are visited by beings that find the earth is closer to them during that part of our year. who knows?

-rrr

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Nice Video, But I Always Take MSM With a Pinch Of Salt. UK, Or Chile.
While Disclosure Is Top Of My Personal Agenda....I Really Do Not Want The Media To Be The Ones To Introduce Us To Our Galactical Counterparts...Nor The Army, Nor Any "Top Politician".

In Fact Anything Other Than The Beings Making Themselves Known To All At Once, I Will Be Treating It, as Propoganda And/ Or False Flag...Simply Because I Believe Everyone Is In The Same Boat.
I Do Not Believe LifeForms Would Travel Distances To Us, Only To Deal With TPTB.
Why Would They Be First, On The List For a Visit. And Not Farmer John...Or Lollipop Lady Ellis. Or YOU.

Unless Of Course Its The Ones, Our World Powers Deal With All Ready.
Then Disclosure Is Not Coming.

Disclosure Only Strengthens Our Fight....But, Even Without Disclosure, We Still Know.

Remember...Disclosure Is Only The Acknowledgement Of Us Being Right!!

And "They" Cant Have That.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join