It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSM covers UFO sighting over Santiago, Chilie

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
Ahhhh headlights of cars mistaken for alien spaceships.

Even the wording at the bottom mentions headlights (luces de autos)

Easy mistake for people who believe every light in the sky are spaceships.

There is much that is unknown about this video, but judging by the urban landscape below, that hill is a few kilometers away. There is therefore no way those dimmer lights taking off and streaking to the right are car headlights. If they are as distant as the hill, then the speed must be close to hypersonic, and the acceleration near impossible.

Of course, the lights could be much closer than the hill, in which case the speeds could be within the performance envelope of aircraft.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
these could account for some of the lights in the vid

there's a flightschool in santiago

edit on 1-9-2011 by kn0wh0w because: (no reason given)

night perspective

edit on 1-9-2011 by kn0wh0w because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Here's a good look at the FACH demonstration team with a bit of daylight.
Good view of the "hovering" and landing lights appearing and disappearing.

edit on 9/1/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by blackmetalmist

Thanks for the summary BMM.

Now as far as the story the students give - unless they have uploaded the hour long video somewhere, there's no way to verify duration of the sighting.

One thing I can say for certain is that all the movments in the video seem erratic to me, and don't seem to display the speed they claim to have seen. Possibly sensationalized is all I'm pointing out.

If the full sighting was on video, then I suppose the super fast speeds and the shape formations could be verified as well, pity they decided to not show that part of the footage if it exists.

However, I imagine I wouldn't spend an hour watching a video of these lights... unless I was looking for a nap.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lighterside

Thanks for the summary BMM.

Now as far as the story the students give - unless they have uploaded the hour long video somewhere, there's no way to verify duration of the sighting.

One thing I can say for certain is that all the movments in the video seem erratic to me, and don't seem to display the speed they claim to have seen. Possibly sensationalized is all I'm pointing out.

If the full sighting was on video, then I suppose the super fast speeds and the shape formations could be verified as well, pity they decided to not show that part of the footage if it exists.

However, I imagine I wouldn't spend an hour watching a video of these lights... unless I was looking for a nap.

LOL! Yeah i wouldn't be able to watch such a long video either. My guess is some kind of military planes but then again you never know. Another thing that sounds kinda funny is that they happen to be film students. Makes you wonder if perhaps they are out to grab some attention. Look at the video from London where they are looking up at the sky and they seem to be the only ones cause everyone else seems to be about their business. Film students i believe were responsible. Just sayin !

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Makes me think of people who say "Why is it always some hillbilly in the woods who doesn't have a good camera are the ones who see this stuff"

Answer: Because posing for film students with gear in the city is obviously a waste of film!

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Couldnt agree with you more mate, i highly doubt them to be flares or headlights for that matter. I dont think it would be on the news if it was either of them. And as for skydivers! I knew somebody would bring it up
its like a last resort when it can no longer be a bug, lantern or a plane.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
HAHAHAH man i wish i could walk that fast... put it this way, anyone ever notice when your on a plane just how much faster you are compared to when you look down at the cars through the window? whilst in ground at that alltitude where when you see a plane it looks like its flying slow? the footage shows how fast the lights move from highground, just to really hit the nail on the head, imagine how fast a flashing plane light moves at night and imagine your sat in that plane and just imagine how fast that plane is flying up there.... its just common sense really.. jeeeeeeesssshhh!

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by iksose7
So, whats the verdict?

Some kind of lights up on the mountain. Skiers with torches, maybe? It's easy to mistake something flying for something on the mountain, because the mountains are so high.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
hi ats.

my flatmate is the guy in red in the first video. he arrived home yesterday extremely excited asking if i wanted to see a ufo. i said yes and followed him and his friend to an apartment on a 19th floor facing the andes. the location is portugal street near 10 de julio, so technically downtown/middle of santiago and with a very clear view of the range. on arrival i saw my flatmate's friends still shaken by the experience.

from the balcony i saw the tail end of what they had seen: a series of lights high up the mountain range, either over, in front or on the andes. it was impossible to make out the countour of the mountain as the sky was very dark. as it turned out the lights appeared below the line, so this was either on or in front of the mountain. the location was fairly central with respect to the city and very high up, meaning very steep slopes and no possiblity of human presence directly on the mountain except for climbers. i would like to stress that there are never any lights there and i have lived in santiago for two decades, the only lights one sees are the stars above. the nearest ski slopes are in farellones, much further to the left, and are a static cluster of small lights that one can see on very clear nights from certain parts of santiago.

i saw one bright light, one faint light near it and another faint light much further to the right with my naked eye. the lights are fairly small without a zoom, as you can see in the third video. i took a carl zeiss 8x monocular with me and could clearly see an orange or red colour tinge to at least the brightest light. the movement of the lights was less spectacular but similar to what you see in the video, and much slower as the video is sped up 4x.

on the balcony beside me was a tripod with a camera my flatmate's friend had set up to film these lights. he told me that two hours earlier he had seen a flash coming from outside, he came out to the balcony and along with his friends (i believe five in all) saw the lights clearly. having the proper equipment to film what they all agreed were ufos (still unidentified), he set up the tripod and video camera and from what i understand filmed at least two memory cards worth of footage.

in the meantime they called a local tv channel that is open to reporting ufo sightings, and later the civil aeronautical bureau that oversees flights. on my arrival, the tv cameraman had set up his equipment and later filmed some of the footage captured by my flatmate's friend. i watched as he scanned the material (a lot of it) on a large tv, searching for the more interesting bits to show the reporter. as someone who is interested in the ufo phenomenon, i suggested what i would like to see as a viewer: no annoying music (done), as much raw video as possible at native quality uploaded to youtube (not done, instead the video is short but informative and at native res) and no voiceover (done). smartly, he had filmed the scene including city lights to get a sense of where the lights were with respect to the city. i suggested that he compare a daylight view of the same scene with the night footage to locate where the lights appeared, which he did as you can see in the video.

my flatmate and his friends saw at least five lights at great distiance from each other in some cases and at different heights. my flatmate said one of the lights described a circular path and that clusters of lights coalesced into and came apart from what he called the mother light (the brightest light). some lights had a glow/reflection on what he thought was the mountain slope. i saw dimmer lights that seemed to be still, then move freely at a speed that would rule out people with torches or whatever. the mountain is very steep and not uniform, so a light would have to go from one place to another attached to something at the very least. the lights were also uniform and very bright in the case of the brightest light, at this distance i would have to assume the brightest light was fairly large.

that's it, i hope this gives a clearer picture of the sighting.

best, bruno
edit on 1-9-2011 by bcccl because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-9-2011 by bcccl because: edit to add stuff

edit on 1-9-2011 by bcccl because: yet another edit

edit on 1-9-2011 by bcccl because: final edit

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by bcccl

Thanks for going through the trouble to give us that info, I'm surprised you haven't been bombarded with questions yet lol.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by bcccl

Thanks for going through the trouble to give us that info, I'm surprised you haven't been bombarded with questions yet lol.

my pleasure, i'll check in whenever i can to answer any questions regarding the sighting.

best, bruno

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
.....I hate how so many UFO videos are lights that just hover. Where are all of the videos of lights moving erratically through the sky in patterns that no aircraft could do? Where are all the close-ups that show detail? I want to see some crisp footage that undoubtedly shows an alien spacecraft, but 80% of the time it's just some lights in the sky that just float there.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by iksose7

Interesting clip. Star & Flag.

So, whats the verdict?

The verdict is that I think if these aliens ever wanted to really appear over our cities and "shock the bleep" out of us, they could.

It would be wise not to wait till we leave them no choice but to maybe do that.

It would be wise for everyone to start talking with their family and close friends. We need to have a lot of courage to face this phenomenon. However, I truly believe we would come out better in the long run as a species.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by bcccl

Very nice post my friend.

This is what ATS is all about. A global eye for aliens!

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scramjet76
reply to post by bcccl

Very nice post my friend.

This is what ATS is all about. A global eye for aliens!

thank you.

Originally posted by TupacShakur
.....I hate how so many UFO videos are lights that just hover. Where are all of the videos of lights moving erratically through the sky in patterns that no aircraft could do? Where are all the close-ups that show detail? I want to see some crisp footage that undoubtedly shows an alien spacecraft, but 80% of the time it's just some lights in the sky that just float there.

sorry to diappoint you. unlike a zillion cellphone videos, the camera used was state of the art, with a zoom and tripod. you may not appreciate it, but this is as good a video as you are going to get from this vantage point (pretty far away). whatever this was (no one has said it was alien) the people who filmed it had no control over it.

best, bruno

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
great vid if legit. i could have sworn i saw a distinct triangle outline in the vid. posting to stay tuned for the cgi people.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Lighterside

I am not saying I think that this video presents proof of visitation, but you my friend just de-bunked yourself.

The people who took the video said that the lights in the sky were visible for about an hour, sky divers cannot free fall for an hour.
At least not to my knowledge.

Just because a YouTube video is only 2 minutes long, it doesn't necessarily mean that was the time frame of the event. Movie magic my friend.

I'm thinking maybe a military exercise of some sort but that's just a guess.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mark_FrostThe people who took the video said that the lights in the sky were visible for about an hour, sky divers cannot free fall for an hour.
At least not to my knowledge.

they also can't fall up.

according to my flatmate the spectacle lasted two hours, enough time to drop by the house and return to his friend's apartment and still see the lights. the full footage is 22 gb, i will see if i can get access to a longer, compressed version.

Originally posted by CigSmokinMan
great vid if legit. i could have sworn i saw a distinct triangle outline in the vid. posting to stay tuned for the cgi people.

my flatmate says he saw a trapezoid shape (i assume made up of lights), so something similar to what is in the video. here is what he said in that tv interview:

a second light appeared, then a third, a fourth, and started making strange shapes.. they began to make triangle shapes, even a rhombus [diamond] shape .. one of the lights multiplied into three..

best, bruno
edit on 1-9-2011 by bcccl because: edit to add stuff

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by iksose7
No doubt some debunker will spew out some desperate explanation in order to try and convince themself that we are not being visited. Well if you are that person then i would have to disagree with you.

What's "desperate" is when people post videos of fuzzy, slow-moving lights and insist that it's some kind of ET-controlled vehicle, and it happens far too often on ATS. The debunkers typically point out is that this is a conclusion that simply cannot be drawn from a low quality video clip, there could be any number of rational explanations including conventional aircraft, Chinese lanterns (which are VERY popular these days around the world), car headlights on a distant mountain that give the false impression of being in the sky simply because it's so dark out, etc. A lot of the debunkers around here believe in ETs and believe we are being visited, the fact that they dismiss videos like this in a rational manner does not mean they're "desperate".

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join