It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My cat is acting weird?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Hi, yet again this is my 3rd post and I just wanted to point out something about my cat acting strange, actually he's been acting like "this" for weeks ok here is what I mean: sometimes he spooks at nothing all my family are just sat here not provoking him or anything and he spooks, then shortly after he meows at thin air then spooks again, then he meows at me to open the cupboard door and he jumps inside and then like 3mins after he ran out of the cupboard spooking and biting chairs and looking around at something I couldn't see after a while he calms down and acts normal its like that nearly everyday and he sticks to me too sleeps on my lap steals my chair and I end up getting furred and I have to change clothes,he asks to be fed every 2 minutes too also he meows to get in this other cupboard with a hole in the back where he can escape but he's a indoor cat so we can't let him do that
. He meows in the middle of the night it does my head in!
and somehow he gets to the opposite unit like 2meters from the unit he's usually on, we don't let him go on the other unit because we cook there. So any ideas?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Also I wanted to mention that I don't think a cat has enough spring in his paws to get to the opposite unit before falling.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I am no expert but your cat sounds broken. I would just get a new one

I had a cat a while ago that did similair things, but he was always a bit weird

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by pussycat

My cat does that sometimes too, I read somewhere that they practice their hunting skills.

Why do cats make mad dashes around the house?
A cat has a lot of energy to use up. Nature gave cats energy to use in the wild to chase other animals. She may not need to run like that now, but she may be having fun pretending that she is wild.

Link

Q – Why does my cat wake me up at night to play?
A – Because he can. OK, sorry, just kidding. Actually your cat is probably just lonesome, and wants his human to play for a bit. Unless you are ok with this, it is a good idea to try and schedule playtime just before you go to bed. If Kitty is all tired from playing in the evenings, chances are much better that he will leave you alone at night.

Link
edit on 1-9-2011 by Casandra because: Links added

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by 2012king

Well it just scares me, I love my cat to bits he's so cute

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Casandra

Ok, well I pay lots of attention to him during the day and evenings and he usually dashes around at night so I play with him before I go to bed but apparently its not enough.

link   
reply to post by pussycat

Indoor cats generally require more stimulation than their outdoor counterparts.It does sound as if your cat is making his own entertainment,do you play or generally interact with him much?
Cats being highly intelligent do require this stimulation on a regular basis,has he been an indoor cat since he was a kitten? I realise that it may not be feasible for you to let him outside, but have you considered introducing him to the outdoors?

link   
First I would ask how old he/she is,
if young they do this sort of thing
from time to time. Also is this
new behavior, was he real laid
back before this started? Cats
are very sensitive to things. When
my dog got was lost the cat
just sat and watched the door and
a week later when we got the dog
back he wouldn't have anything to
do with him, before that they were
best buddies. I have had cats
that seem to know something was
there when I saw nothing.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by nake13

Yes, I take him out and I watch him incase he runs off.. I used to use a harness but I thought it was unfair he usually lounges about in the strawberry patch

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Could also be hyperthyroid. A cat I had years ago used to jump at walls and race around like crazy and found out he was hyperthyroid. The cat I have now was just diagnosed with it too..she's 17 and was acting like a young kitten. Hopefully yours isn't though and its just having fun

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

He's 5, he's a pedigree persion (Pie face cats)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Well cats and dogs are incredibly more sensitive to their surroundings than humans are. They can sense everything from natural disasters before they happen (ie: recent earthquake on the east coast of the US), to energy and vibes, and more. Perhaps you have a 'visitor'?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Cats have an amazing sense of hearing, far exceeding that of dogs. They can hear the high-pitched squeaks of mice from quite a distance. Perhaps there is a mouse running around in your cupboards, maybe getting in through the hole in the back, and the cat is trying to get your attention about it? My cats have acted similar to that a couple times, and it is usually a mouse in the house.

Of course, my ball python got out of his cage one night and crawled into bed with me...the cat did NOT like that, and he has acted similar to what you describe ever since that happened when he comes into my bedroom. I'm thinking you may have some sort of critter invasion, and the cat is just doing his job.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Poisoned made in China catfood?

Quit feeding him that crap.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
Poisoned made in China catfood?

Quit feeding him that crap.

Newman cat food is pretty good. The can stuff seems to be real high quality. Also, it's OK to share human food with cats. We eat a lot of chicken and the cats always want some. As long as the cat is eating normally and using the bathroom OK I would say it's probably not sick. Cats like catnip, it makes them wild and then they sleep. Pay more for catnip depending on the buds in it. It's kinda like marijuana, the buts have the active component in greater concentration.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Such behaviour is typical for indoor cats. When I saw it the first time, I thought, the cat went crazy.
A friend of mine had a cat, that was used to run around in the neighborhood. When he moved into a flat in the fifth floor the cat soon showed the same behaviour. Finally he had a house with garden and the cat went back to "normal mode" again.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
You do know that cats don't have bosses or owners?
They have employeesl and they train them very well...

there is nothing wrong with your kitty

edit on 1/9/2011 by GypsK because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Well it could be that he is sensing or maybe even seeing the Ghostly outline you speak of in your other thread. They say that animals have the ability and sensitivity to sense things that we as humans cannot. I am not saying this is the case but it is likely.

Secondly seeing as how he is a male cat who you have kept in side all of his life then he may just be wanting to explore the outside world. Cats seem to be strong to their wild instincts so he may just want to go out and do his tomcat thing. There could also be a female cat in heat running around that he is trying to get to. Again I am not saying that this is the case as I am in no way an expert on cats but this is just my two cents on what it could possibly be

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Persian are usually mellow and laid back. I would have him checked out at the vets to rule out any physical problems.

top topics

join