It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

General: China Could Be Planning Surprise Missile Attack on United States

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
People keep saying China will attack America for one reason or another. For the land, because they haven't paid them, so on and so forth.

China won't attack America in the traditional sense, meaning soldiers and bombing, because of many reasons.

-One, as many others have mentioned, is that America owes them too much money, and if they start a war with them, they won't get paid and they will lose clientele.

-Another reason they won't attack America in the traditional sense, is because America can do a VERY vast amount of damage to China without sending 1 single troop into their country. China has far too many people in their country to worry about protecting.

-Americas allies won't allow it to happen.

-China won't be able to occupy American soil because as soon as Americans find out (even the dumbest of Americans) they will all be up in arms. Americans carry guns....One user said it earlier.. Every state basically has their own army of high powered weaponry wielding Americans who will die for their country, who know the land, who will band together to fight off the Chinese threat. The Chinese would not stand a chance in hell invading American soil.

SO.... that leaves China only one feasible option in "defeating" America.
-Win through economic warfare, electronic warfare, and intelligence. (which is what they are doing.)

Even that method will cease to be effective at a certain point.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I figured by now. People would get it. All this talk of the NWO and no one knows how they would benefit. One word. Power.

If you have power, you control everything, debt, land, money, people. How would they benefit? What other answer is there. The are communist you know.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
cold war II (the cloaked war)

second.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

You should ask them if you're having trouble figuring out what they're implying.

I will agree with you that'd both sides would be obliterated, but I will not agree with you that some of our fellow members aren't saying we'd kick the crap out of them...because they are.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by anumohi

yeah like the surprise they gave the United States when they destroyed an American sattelite and also the war games surprise when the sub popped out of nowhere......

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by iamhobo

For example:

I'll use your quotes..

Originally posted by anumohi
Chinas stupid, we have subs all around china waiting to deliver them to their maker. what the Chinese don't understand is the US's newest and most devastating weapons that far exceed the hydrogen bomb plus our space based laser systems that are locked on to all of Chinas satellites....Chinas got a really big surprise coming if they want to push the envelop

T-Minus 20 minutes to impact

"If they want to push the envelope"

Meaning if they fired NORAD would detect a full on nuclear assault within 5 to 10 minutes from launch. US stance on this has not changed in over 45+ years. Chinese missiles [like those of the of the Russians] would take approximately 18 to 25 minutes before impact [or sooner if they used their subs] [We also have subs] the President is never out of arms reach of the "Nuclear Football" and would order a retaliatory strike before the first Chinese missiles hit.

T-minus 15 minutes to impact.

So that is illustrated here..

Originally posted by SirMike
reply to post by auraelium

I have to agree. Any first strike from China would be met with an overwhelming counter attack. Even if the Chinese did launch a first strike on the US the silos are so hardened (remember they were built to take multiple direct hits from Soviet MIRVS) that a fair number would survive. This doesn’t even take into consideration the US strategic missile boats.

T-minus 10 minutes to impact

Again all they are describing is the fact that "The Russians, Americans and now the Chinese" do not have all their eggs in one basket. It's called the Nuclear "Triad"

Originally posted by auraelium
Thats the greatest load of rubbish ive ever heard, why would china attack the USA? they would be nuked to high heaven before their first bomb would hit, as my mother used to say "some people would believe anything".

T-minus 5 minutes to impact...

Most of our birds are away at this point having just left the silos before the first Chinese missiles impacts and obliterates the US.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Actually, the U.S. is more than capable of a full nuclear exchange with China. China has, as I said before, about 25 missiles with the range to strike the U.S. Mainland (and even then, that's only parts of it). Only about 5 of those are thought to be MIRV-enabled, if I remember correctly (it may have been 10).

Every missile could hit with maximum theoretical damage and we'd come out of it no worse off than after a Hurricane.

China, on the other hand, would be clobbered by a volley of well over 100 strategic yield warheads with MIRV dispersion over the target.

Not to mention we don't even need to grace them with a nuclear response. A conventional response from the carriers currently in the Pacific would be able to reduce much of the country's strategic resources to rubble within a few weeks. We might lose a carrier or two.

I'm really not sure which would be the better alternative. Honestly - I say sucking up a strategic nuclear bombardment and retaliating with a conventional force to bring that country to its knees says more than simply returning their gesture 5-fold. "Nukes? Yeah, we got 'em. You're going to need them in Spades if you want a snowball's chance in hell." I certainly like the idea of proving to the world just how badass we can be... but that will come at considerable loss of strategic resources of our own, not to mention degrading military morale with such wanton attritionary tactics.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
sorry to burst peoples bubble here but china wont nuke us and we wont nuke china

what we and china have is what tehy call a match made in hell for example,

you as the consumer pick up anything at any store and 9 times out of 10 you will find made in china.

same with military weapons systems wire,computer chips to the steel in ships and aliuinum in aircraft fuselage.

we live in a sick and twisted world where we can live without cheap chinese crap and thats a fact.

noone is willing to mess that up except for all us isolatists saying but american but good lock in that endeavor.

so with regards no china aint planning an attack and for those who have been paying attention to current events the us no longer has 10,000 nukes we have considerable less that are on ready status.
edit on 1-9-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anoynymoose
Not really a surprise now is it?

I say lets get this ball rolling.

Bring it China!

I'm with you....SOMETHING needs to happen.

Right now is like the clam before the storm. Something is definitely brewing.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by atoptreetops
Right now is like the clam before the storm. Something is definitely brewing.

I like clams and brew.
Especially Clam chowder and a dark Ale..

With crackers....

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

I'm sort of partial to this version:

"Can you stop your instincts?

Can you man your thought control, Sir?

Can you give the last command?

Or lie to a good soldier?

I'm a doubter

I'm a fool

I am but a man

Cast me out

Or let me be

All that I am

I am not so sure

What you want me for

Either your machine's a fool

Or me."

A fairly popular song back in the 80's in certain circles - back when the possibility of a nuclear war was real - unlike now.

China ain't gonna launch on us - it's a zero sum game. Who would help them bury their dead and rebuild their country if we were busy burying our own dead and rebuilding ours? Not to mention the fact that any such action would INSTANTLY erase any US debt they held, and the value thereof. That means burying their dead and rebuilding their country with no money to pay the undertaker.

What would they hope to gain any how? They can't occupy - no way to get enough Chinese troops on the ground here, and no way for those troops to survive the hillbilly wrath behind every blade of grass. I know that I for one would leave my dead to rot in the sun under pressure of having to defend the living from an invasion force, and I'd already be fairly perturbed with the invaders for forcing me into making that choice to begin with. It just wouldn't go well for them, I think, since there are more than just me around.

and if I were on the General staff, I'd already have every source of oil that the Chinese use under the crosshairs anyhow. Try moving a boat or plane without any motion lotion. Their country would be in a shambles, they would have no means of transportation to get here, and they'd be blind , what with their satellites mysteriously falling out of the sky.

The only positive note is that there would probably be enough Chinese dead in China to feed the survivors until they could re-plant crops next year to make up for the ones utterly destroyed this year.

Nah. they ain't gonna launch.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
wow its was a good read-the 2 pages that i read....

BUT...some of you guys seem to work at NORAD or CIA and/or whatever their chineese counterparts are cause you guys seem to know A LOT about nukes and homeland security and stuff > you know the cuantity ,the cababilities of the nukes etc...everything

edit on 1/9/11 by thefear1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Would you like egg rolls with that?

我们爱蛋卷之前我们在早上发射的导弹。

绝密以上是坏的,你就像中国拥有你的蛤蜊和导弹。

Translate?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

我们爱蛋卷之前我们在早上发射的导弹。

绝密以上是坏的,你就像中国拥有你的蛤蜊和导弹。

Translate?

Translation:

"We love egg rolls in the morning before we launch the missile.

Above top secret is bad, you just have your clams and Chinese missiles."

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

我们爱蛋卷之前我们在早上发射的导弹。

绝密以上是坏的,你就像中国拥有你的蛤蜊和导弹。

Translate?

google

We love egg rolls in the morning before we launch the missile.

Above top secret is bad, you just have your clams and Chinese missiles.

Hmmm. You work in the translation department?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Originally posted by SirMike
reply to post by auraelium

I have to agree. Any first strike from China would be met with an overwhelming counter attack.

here's the only flaw in that theory....

It's not about muscle or firepower, it's about the economy that supports the war effort... an economy which is inextricably linked to debt from china.....

Honestly.... America would not be able to move quick enough to sustain any war effort against china....

Honestly, America already has everything it needs in stock for the "war effort"

The rest would just be cleanup.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pegasus2000

I really would hate to see a first strike from either side right now. They have more than they are letting on as far as advanced weapons and tech. With our forces spread so thin as it is, we would be a much easier target. Look back on Germany in WWII that was the downfall of Hitler, In the end he was spread so thin across Europe and Russia that it was inevitable they would loose. Not that i supported their effort, It's just an example.

Another way to look at that: spread out troops means no concentration of troops to hit for a knockout punch... you have to pick 'em off a few at a time, and watch your OWN back the whole time.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
IMHO, World War 3 started years ago, we just don't recognize the technology and how we actually fight as 'war' actions.

Any modern first-world country with a military power really only has a standing force to prove they have a physical defense, as well as for helping their less-fortunate allies. The real might in WW3 comes not from boots and rifles, but from brains, fingers and keyboards.

You can get behind "enemy lines" with zero risk for loss-of-life, cripple the enemy where it really hurts (The wallet, and the support of it's own people), and subconsciously force them to hand over everything you wanted without having to do a single rifle drill.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
So in short it amounts to the US blackmailing and running a racket (take our worthless paper, or risk getting nuked) on a very angry Chinese Dragon. Nice.. What happens if the Dragon has a secret weapon no one knows about except them.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
If the countries go at war, everything will be shut down instantly. Planes will fall, tanks will stop working, battleships will sit like ducks and more importantly nuclear silos will be powered off. I think we have to stop and think for a minute. What country will want to rejoice in a barren wasteland? the world will not be the world we see today after some stupid war. We think we are smart but we are not. We've done so much harm to ourselves and to earth that it just doesn't make sense anymore.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join