It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

General: China Could Be Planning Surprise Missile Attack on United States

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

Anti-American much?

China will collapse under its own weight of too many mouths to feed. One deadly famine in that dense population would make the Black Death of the middle ages look like childs play. We don't need to do anything, mother nature will take care of them, lol.

I could say the same the thing about america collapsing

Anti-American much?

So you defend americas war crimes of the past and current conflict in libya? and no thats not Anti-American dont get me wrong on that part.
edit on 1-9-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
This is all just overreaction I think. Having a plan is what military bureaucracy does. Somewhere in the Pentagon theres probably a plan for an attack on the UK. Doesn't mean there is any intent to do it.

China has no desire to go out in a suicidal blaze of glory, they are on their way up. If they continue on their current path and can grow a domestic consumer market while overcoming their demographic imbalances they will become a superpower. There is no need for them to rock the boat.

Its failing empires that tend to react irrationally. Not developing ones operating to a long term (and so far largely effective) strategy.

ps

If China is ever likely to pre-emptively assault another major power my money would be on Russia and I consider that possibility decades away.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
All the threads are exactly the same.
Got the doom sayers on one side, and the over inflated egos of the flag wavers on the other. Exact same artguaments on both sides, and noone leaves any the wiser...

I wish to god I knew why I click on these threads every single time lol.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Sabre rattling, and fear mongering! I am not going to lose any sleep over this revelation. Chances are the US has similar plans with China. Still, another item to mull over by people at the Pentagon, but nothing to get bent out of shape about. China has been pushing its weight around lately, and in a whole myriad of ways. From economic threats, strange military maneuvers, territorial disputes, hacking, and other things.

Right now the US is China's biggest trading partner, and largest borrower. No armchair general is going to jeopardize that. As it stands now, I do believe China is gearing up for a Cold War scenario. It was bound to happen sooner or later given the close economic relationship between the US and China over the past 30 years. I have to readily admit, China has done quite well for themselves. In that scenario the two are going to lock horns over access to markets, diplomatic agreements, territory, and other means to get a leg up over their competition.

China wants the US out of the Pacific, and that is why they developed an aircraft carrier. They are aiming to elevate their force projection in their general region, and abroad. Still, they have a long way to go to become a blue water navy on the scale of the US or the Soviet Union for that matter. My guess is they will continue to resort to espionage, hacking, economic attacks, and other subversive means in an attempt to bring the US to its knees without firing a shot. They are in no way, shape, or form ready or battle harden enough to challenge the US in a purely conventional war. They know that!

So this talk of a surprise missile attack is just rhetoric. I am fairly certain we have submarines patrolling near and around China. Running surveillance, doing missile drills, and typical readiness exercises. They have a first strike, and surprise attack capability. Furthermore, if China over steps its bounds perhaps Japan and South Korea would develop a nuclear option as a deterrent? What does Taiwan do in the midst of all this? The Chinese are a clever bunch and that must be respected. Still when one plays with fire, sooner or later someone is going to get burned.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
China has secret plans alright... But a missile attack isn't a part of it... They are already very close to defeating the USA, and have not, nor will need to fire a single weapon.

If it's so "Secret" then how do you know about it? Also, Now that you've revealed their "Grand Secret" I'm sure all the Brass at the Pentagon, the stuffed shirts at Langley and even the Talking heads over in Washington having now read your "Revelation" will start planning accordingly.

"Lose lips sink ships"

Good luck.

edit on 1-9-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
More fear mongering towards China. When are you people going to give it a rest!? Why the hell would China want to attack America? They would know that America would strike back harder. I mean, what is the point in that?

The problem we have is this, America are going down pretty fast, and its only a matter of time before China overtakes America. Some americans don't like this thought, considering all their lives, they have only known their country to be the biggist superpower in the world. So, this is why we are begining to hear all this fear mongering towards China.

People have to face it that empires come and go. If China become the next superpower, then after a while, they wall fall, and another country will become the biggest superpower. Thats just the way it is.

Another thing i would like to add is this. We are all human, and we are all individuals. I can't stand people saying we will attack america, or china, we will nuke them or whatever. At the end of the day, there are a few people (governments) that comtrol our countries. They are only human beings, not mini Gods.

I wish people could see the bigger picture, but i think we are a few decades, centuries away from people waking up. I just hope the human race can last that long without blowing up the planet with pointless wars caused by boys and their toys (governments).

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

depends by what you call stranglehold.Oil is not the end.Chinese have heavily invested in Coal to Liquids Technology and Russian and Turkmen Oil and gas.

Secondly,China has all the industrial capacity and technology of USA.If USA fails to pay then China will effectively nationalize the US industrial capacity in China.

Thirdly,US does not have capability to produce REEs which are critical for advanced weaponry , whose production is in mainly in China and some bit in Russia primarily for military (controlled by military and Rosatom)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by USAisdevil

depends by what you call stranglehold.Oil is not the end.Chinese have heavily invested in Coal to Liquids Technology and Russian and Turkmen Oil and gas.

Well that's all fine and dandy but..
It raises the cost of production which would be reflected in those products they produce. Making other products produced elsewhere in the world more competitive. Which will cause them to lose desperately needed revenue.

Catch 22

Secondly,China has all the industrial capacity and technology of USA.If USA fails to pay then China will effectively nationalize the US industrial capacity in China.

Touche' .
We rely on their products. They rely on our purchasing of their products.
Tit for Tat

Thirdly,US does not have capability to produce REEs which are critical for advanced weaponry , whose production is in mainly in China and some bit in Russia primarily for military (controlled by military and Rosatom)

Fallacy...

The US has it's own very large supply of Rare Earth reserves. It's just presently cheaper to obtain them from China. Who has "Contractual" agreements on all the present mining operations. They do not have a strangle hold on America's untapped reserves. I think you may want to read up on the reality of the situation and rely less on Internet Pop Culture Voodoo conspiracies...

Rare Earths, or “Green Elements,”

Currently, Rare Earth Dependent Technologies are nearly 100% reliant on Chinese-sourced materials. While in recent years China has managed to supply the entire world’s demand for Rare Earths, a dramatic shift is beginning to take place. As global requirements for Rare Earths continue to grow considerably (fueled primarily by the development and deployment of green energy technologies like hybrid vehicles, energy efficient lighting and wind power), China’s own domestic use of its resources is also soaring—with internal consumption presently at about 60% of production and rising rapidly....

Fortunately, the U.S. has one of the world’s largest and richest Rare Earth deposits at Molycorp Minerals’ facility in Mountain Pass, California. At Mountain Pass we are producing certain Green Elements and plans are in place to bring the facility back into full production following an extensive modernization and expansion project. With appropriate federal assistance for research, development and capital costs, Molycorp Minerals is prepared to move forward to reestablish domestic manufacturing capacity on an expedited basis.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
This was expected, It is part of their plan to exterminate a large segment of the Human race. Call it what it is, a FALSE FLAG! China would have no reason to risk WW-3 and ruin their investment when a corporate take over/repo will do; if you give them one thing they are excellent long term strategists. If there is anyone likely to nuke the US it's Israel over fear that Iran will get a nuke to bait the US into an OVERT world war-3, if this happens, then US nukes Iran, then Russia allies with China, The US allies with western Europe, Canada, and Mexico. South America becomes mad max, with countries forming alliances to the highest bidder. Act 1 a LIMITED small scale nuclear exchange to militarily critical targets. May their last one alive in the bunker turn off the lights before they commit suicide. If this happens and I get the EAS message the bombs are on their way, the drinks are on the house.

One thing that has concerned me a bit is strong broadband radio static from space, and the weird solar activity. Digital satellite TV becoming snowy, strong radio stations, and XM radio having static. I get this gut feeling there are ET's parked all over our atmosphere, and if we initiate WW-3 they will intervene and Harvest as per revelations 14. If i had my way with it, I would just turn off the electricity for at least three days to EVERYWHERE on the planet to teach the world a lesson in humility and common sense.

A wise man once said: "I do not know which weapons will be used in the third world war, but i do know which ones will be used in the fourth world war, sticks and stones" -Albert Einstein

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by USAisdevil

Quoted for truth!

Americans have a hugely inflated view of their importance in the world... Do you think you're the largest market in the world? Because you aren't, the EU is. China sells it's food all around it's region, supplies African nations with loans in exchange for raw materials, and sells its products globally.

Losing its sales to Walmart isn't going to end their industrial importance, and America can't produce it's products for the price it want's to pay anyway...

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

doing a google search is not everything , clearly you are not on the trading in the critical metals industry.

I think you may want to read up on the reality of the situation and rely less on Internet Pop Culture Voodoo conspiracies...

do you know the difference between light REE's and Heavy REE's
the molycorp deposit are mainly light ree which are available in abundance across the world and does not have major military use . US is highly deficient in heavy REE deposits whose availability is primarily in eastern Russia,Kerala (india) and inner mongolia (china)

secondly the US does not have the necessary technology for producing REEs at economical rates.

thirdly Molycorp is not a transparent company and is largely hype . Lynas and Molycorp are competitors and check Lynas and Molycorp share value in the past 2 years. (hint:its the one who controls major heavy REE deposits , and the heavy REE's are in uber demand).

As for CTL , check the cost of production again ,Sasol's technology makes it viable in 17-20$/bbl .
Microchannel reactors like the one created by Velocys and Compact GTL will lower costs in the range of 7-8$/bbl and this is what VNIGAZ(Gazprom R&D) and PetroChina are considering investment in.

So, much for the oil oil stranglehold
edit on 1-9-2011 by USAisdevil because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by USAisdevil

I provided links and facts to support what I've said.

What have you provided?

Opinion.

Which is fine I suppose....

Peace

Slay

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Nobody is gonna "Nuke" anybody unless it's Israel/Iran "Nuking" each other... Of course China is building their Army to compete with ours, they have told the world they don't want to be technologically inferior to anyone. They have also said we are their "Sworn Enemy" because we have the ability to Erase their Existence at this time. yeah it would be ugly and the whole world would be the loser in any WW3 scenario but that's why they want to avoid it as much as possible at this time. Nobody has enough weaponry to Completely eradicate the U.S.'s Defenses so there will be no surprise attack. Not even several E.M.P's would do the trick because our Subs have standing orders that if contact fails between Command and Sub for X amount of time to Fire at will on Opposing Country's..Scary to say the least but at the same time I'm glad because Mutual Destruction is a great deterrent from preemptive strikes. Also there will be no Red Dawn Scenario because the North American Union Prevents that from happening so it would have to be a Omaha Beach type of landing and Nobody is capable of reaching Mainland U.S. without Extensive Aircraft Coverage from a Carrier which they don't have...Even if Russia and China did team up and set sail for Mainland U.S. I'm sure we have Underwater Nuke Mines that would Eradicate most ships in the fleet before even reaching Hawaii... Watch the Bikini Atoll (which we destabilized and is now sinking) footage on youtube to see what happens to ships during a underwater detonation. Billions of fish were harmed in the making of that film

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

The brass at the pentagon are focused on military objectives only, the rest in Washington are all focused on their corporate interests, special interests and the agendas of major lobbyists... None of them have time, or interest in the greatest threats to US national security.

There are not many secrets with China is doing, they don't have to hide it anymore.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Any thread about China and some type of war-like scenario brings out all of the fanatical war freaks. Honestly, it is disgusting to see so many people actually WANT war, WANT to see people die to satisfy some sort of disgusting feeling inside.

There will be no war, use your brains people.

You'll notice when people get offensive on China their only weapons are ones of insecurity, going after Chinese low quality products, empty cities, and human rights without knowing any facts. Just repeating what they've heard like parrots.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by illuminatislave

I would like to suggest that most of the States have standing Armies,ie,Hunters who own high powered weapons with ample ammo that would make any takeover quite difficult..just sayin.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

The brass at the pentagon are focused on military objectives only, the rest in Washington are all focused on their corporate interests, special interests and the agendas of major lobbyists... None of them have time, or interest in the greatest threats to US national security.

I'm glad you know all the inner workings of all those thousands of minds.

Hey...

Tell me swami..

What are this weeks winning LOTTO numbers?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

yes opinion from the critical metal buyers/suppliers themselves in
1)Baotau ,China
2) Jindal Steel
3)Norilsk Nickel ,Rosatom
4) Lynas

to make it simple:

Over 90% of the world’s REPMs are made in Asia (60% in China and 30% in Japan). The alloys from which they are made are produced almost entirely in China, from REEs produced domestically there. Anyone in the USA who is planning to manufacture REPMs from domestically (USA) produced REEs is facing the situation that: No rare-earth ores have been mined in North America in the 21st century; No American company, using American-developed technology, has produced pure REEs in the USA in the 21st century (do note that I’m referring to metals here, not oxides); No American company has made Nd-Fe-B magnets from the individual REEs in the USA since at least 2004. Electron Energy in Lancaster, Pennsylvania has however been making Sm-Co-based REPMs and alloys for decades. The company has, I believe, recently entered into an off-take with Great Western Minerals Group (GWMG) (TSX.V:GWG) for rare-earth metals to be produced by the latter company’s Less Common Metals subsidiary, which will eventually use feedstock for GWMG’s future mining and refining operations in South Africa; Only a small overall tonnage of REPMs are currently produced in the USA, from a rare-earth-metal base, and, critically; All of the commercially available Dy used to modify the heat cycle sensitivity of REPMs, which is critical in their largest end-use, “under the hood” applications in the OEM automotive industry, as well as in their military use, is and always has been produced in China. Just two of the US junior-mining ventures currently in development, Ucore in Alaska and RER in Wyoming, are likely to produce Dy in significant quantities in time for the American military and industrial complexes to free themselves of Chinese monopolizing of the rare-earth space in general, and of the HREEs in particular, before the possible discontinuing of the export of Dy by China by 2015. America needs between 5,000 and 10,000 tpa of lanthanum (La) (90%) and cerium (Ce) (10%) in order for the fluid cracking catalyst (FCC) manufacturing industry to remain based mainly in the USA. America also needs 4,000 tpa of Nd at most, to manufacture all of the REPMs used in every application in the USA today, rather than import most of them from China and Japan – this estimate may even be too high – and America needs between 400-1,200 tpa of Dy to modify those magnets so that they can be repeatedly exposed to heating and cooling cycles (such as “under the hood”) and retain their original properties. Also, if America has 100 tpa of domestically produced Tb, it could dominate the world of non-incandescent lighting if it so desired.

www.resourceinvestor.com...

like I said before ... its just the tip of the iceberg. the deeper you will explore the REE rabbit hole ,the more you will be surprised.

www.ensec.org...:the-battle-over-rare-earth-metals&catid=102:issuecontent&Itemid=355

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Motorcycle Boy
reply to post by TDawgRex

"China Could Be Planning Surprise Missile Attack on United States"

Why? Does this make sense to anyone? They pretty much own the US. Why would they want to destroy such a huge money maker?

Question: Do Chinese missiles says Made in China on them?

This is just the usual ATS paranoia...there's real crap going on in the world people. Why not focus on reality?

I apoligize, wasn't meaning to fear monger. I'm thinking that maybe the Chinese leadership is more inclined to take Tiawan back into the fold and maybe more of the islands in the South China sea as they have a lot of natural resources there. I don't see them attacking US soil at the moment.

They know the US is stretched militarily and in order for the US to have a effective response, the US would have to escalate matters.

Who knows, it may be a gamble they're willing to take.

But doing so would wipe our debt to them clean, wouldn't it?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

I already used the numbers, sorry I'm selfish.

Don't worry, when the US economy can no longer financially support the military, they've been assured that the Fed can print enough to keep them spending hundreds of billions annually.... As for all of us job-seeking poor and middle-class Americans increasing in numbers daily, we can always adjust to seeking opportunities with Chinese owned or subsidized businesses, some of us may find even better opportunities working directly with the Chinese.

Free Chinese food at my house tonight, your're invited... I can afford it...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join