It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

General: China Could Be Planning Surprise Missile Attack on United States

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by SirMike
reply to post by auraelium

I have to agree. Any first strike from China would be met with an overwhelming counter attack.

here's the only flaw in that theory....

It's not about muscle or firepower, it's about the economy that supports the war effort... an economy which is inextricably linked to debt from china.....

Honestly.... America would not be able to move quick enough to sustain any war effort against china....

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
They wouldn't just be attacking the U.S. they would have to go up against the rest of NATO. I don't think China wants it's ass beat badly enough that Russia or even India might decide it's a good chance to have one less world power to deal with and finish the job. Even if they EMP attacked the U.S. they'd only get the same from a sub or an allies nuke. Hard to launch an armada to the states when your boat won't start.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

I have to agree. Any first strike from China would be met with an overwhelming counter attack.

It's not about muscle or firepower, it's about the economy that supports the war effort... an economy which is inextricably linked to debt from china.....

Honestly.... America would not be able to move quick enough to sustain any war effort against china....

Here's the only flaw in that theory....

In a Nuclear exchange it will ALL be over in a matter of minutes....
edit on 1-9-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRemedial

I could be misguided in my thinking but, even with a nuclear assault in order for any countries or group of countries to be successful in NA, they would have to put boots on the ground. I don't see any way North Americans would capitulate once that happens.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Where do you people come from? America doesnt have to put gas in their missiles. They are ready to go at a moments notice. If there was a missile attack by China on the US the US would be pushing buttons not mobilizing troops.

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

War is especially important during times of pandemic.

...Nobody notices everyone is getting sick and dying from disease when they're fixated on fighting.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
It would be in self defense.

Look at what we did to them..for the past 100 years. They've got to be pi$$ed.

Jeez just read about the Boxer Rebellion alone....we whooped their a$$es. Poor Chinese.

You can only grind your boot on people for so long before they snap. I wouldn't be surprised if Japan did a secret alliance with China on a strike against the US.

You have got to be kidding me.

If there is one place in the world China hates more than the USA, it is Japan. If you think the Boxer Rebellion was bad, pay attention to some of the attrocities the Japanese inflicted upon China during WW2.

China and Japan are enemies, and Japan is seriously considering a nuclear deterrent in the light of recent Chinese provocations in the Pacific.

edit on 1-9-2011 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anoynymoose
Not really a surprise now is it?

I say lets get this ball rolling.

Bring it China!

#ing idiot. Yes, we know schools back in.. yes we know you quit..

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Ok what has China been waiting for? sorry for saying but after what america and NATO did to Libya and america to Iraq China has every rtight to attack in Self defense it would be best for china and russia to join forces.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

In a Nuclear exchange it will ALL be over in a matter of minutes....

True, China has sub-launched cruise missile capabilities... If they needed a first strike option they could be launched and evade detection for long enough that there would be little or no warning before major cities and military targets are destroyed in the USA.

Of course that would be suicidal... So, how far can the USA go with provocative, covert and overt, aggressive, adversarial and even hostile activities with China before they would consider that option?

The war with China has been ongoing, so far it has been an economic and trade war, but war nonetheless... A war the Chinese are winning.

Go back to sleep America, listen to your MSM, and your politicians... The lies are far more comforting than the truth.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

I certainly not don’t trust the Chinese but I feel that there are two camps: one that wants to peacefully (at least not a belligerent) build its economy and human capital and another that wants a direct confrontation with the US/Japan for perceived (and real) slights over the last 50 years.

Agreed, there is two sides to China there, The people, who want peace and growth, and the Peoples republic of China, the Government, who really don't care for America.

I really would hate to see a first strike from either side right now. They have more than they are letting on as far as advanced weapons and tech. With our forces spread so thin as it is, we would be a much easier target. Look back on Germany in WWII that was the downfall of Hitler, In the end he was spread so thin across Europe and Russia that it was inevitable they would loose. Not that i supported their effort, It's just an example.

For those who want to egg this situation on, I warn you be careful what you wish for, This battle will be fought on home soil, with many casualties. And if the nukes start to fly, Which i think highly unlikely, We would see all the unknown Rouge nukes come out of the closets of these countries we didn't know had them. Mostly in defense of themselves.

The world would be quite the different place if this occurred. I'm sure Russia would be jumping in as well as India and a few other nations. I really dread the thought of a China/Russia allied war.
edit on 1-9-2011 by Pegasus2000 because: fingers too wide for keys, typo

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

"China Could Be Planning Surprise Missile Attack on United States"

Why? Does this make sense to anyone? They pretty much own the US. Why would they want to destroy such a huge money maker?

Question: Do Chinese missiles says Made in China on them?

This is just the usual ATS paranoia...there's real crap going on in the world people. Why not focus on reality?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
It is one man's words. A retired general. One person does not speak for an entire nation, and his words could well have been taken out of context as they often are. Its also on infowars, which gives it even less credibility.

In short this is nothing more than fear mongering.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

Ok what has China been waiting for? sorry for saying but after what america and NATO did to Libya and america to Iraq China has every rtight to attack in Self defense it would be best for china and russia to join forces.

Anti-American much?

China will collapse under its own weight of too many mouths to feed. One deadly famine in that dense population would make the Black Death of the middle ages look like childs play. We don't need to do anything, mother nature will take care of them, lol.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

Anti-American much?

China will collapse under its own weight of too many mouths to feed. One deadly famine in that dense population would make the Black Death of the middle ages look like childs play. We don't need to do anything, mother nature will take care of them, lol.

Yet another reason for china to take the US soil, if everything goes down the tubes ie. world economy, what other option for china to do than attack the US with heavy force and take it for its own. Mostly for the Agriculture infrastructure. Don't quote me on this, this is only Theory. There's many scenarios and possible outcomes.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

War is especially important during times of pandemic.

...Nobody notices everyone is getting sick and dying from disease when they're fixated on fighting.

What pandemic? I thought we were no longer at Level 6; I thought WHO (knows?) had dropped it down to 3?

reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Would your thinking be different if the headline said North America?

What would your Queen have to say about your statements? Would she encourage you to move to China and/or Russia and join forces with them?

I do agree that America has made mistakes in Iraq, and Libya to boot; I don't favor wars except in immediate protection of the homeland. But I don't think that the US poses much threat to China or Russia.

`

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Pegasus2000

"Yet another reason for china to take the US soil, if everything goes down the tubes ie. world economy, what other option for china to do than attack the US with heavy force and take it for its own. Mostly for the Agriculture infrastructure. Don't quote me on this, this is only Theory. There's many scenarios and possible outcomes."

True...we could also get attacked by aliens (outer space ones not illegal aliens) for our resources. I saw a show on this...it was called Star Trek or something like that...Battlestar Gallactica? Whatever....our resources are hugely important to people all over the universe....not just to the Chinese...

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Meanwhile...

The US/West have a military strangle hold on the majority of China's desperately needed oil supply. [Which without it China grinds to a hault]

Will they sail their one Aircraft carrier over to Iraq or Libya to fight the Western powers in their backyard? Seems to me that China investing money into the US economy actually insures a return investment on recent Western action abroad.

Checkmate.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

China isn't only investing in the US economy, it is absorbing it... Literally taking it... Through acquiring large sectors of US business, manufacturing and a massive trade imbalance.

Other economies around the world are growing and getting stronger along with China, especially India among others.

China has no interest in the complete destruction of the USA, but they have, are and will benefit from our steady decline.

The USA's wealth, power and status is being redistributed and that process has been going on for decades, only it has accelerated greatly in recent times.

It is what it is... If this were a board game, the USA has already knocked over the pieces, gave up and conceded to a far superior player.

Checkmate by default?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

All of which can be nationalized if Washington deemed it a threat to national security.

Again, Meanwhile the Western powers will still be sitting on the oil supply. Hugo Chavez for example has cancer and wont be around very much longer. Also, I'm surprised that you don't remember that we've seen all this before when Japan went on a huge buying spree of US companies and real-estate back in the 80s.

It was perceived then as it is now that we were selling out. The phrase then in the US at the time was that We won WWII but lost the peace. You've brought up many valid points. No, I'm not saying the US is all powerful or any of that BS. I'm just pointing out very real aspects that many here choose to simply over look is all.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join