It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

General: China Could Be Planning Surprise Missile Attack on United States

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo
There is a reason no country has ever dared to invade the US.

Sigh...

You might want to crack open a history book on that and read about how the Britts once burned the White house to the ground.......

edit on 2-9-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I suppose it's about time to move from the "War on Terror" to a new cold war in order to suck up excess funds that MIGHT be used to make this a country worth defending.

The CHINESE are building up weapons and air-craft carriers -- years AFTER we could have taken them out and they have our economy over a barrel. Why? Because now that they've got a growing middle class -- they need to have an excuse for all those children born of sweatshop workers for "why we don't have any funds for you."

The Chinese patriots can have a swelling of pride as their military might is displayed in some parade. They can get Flag Pins -- actually made in Korea -- that say; "Support the troops!" The troops will invade resource rich nations in an effort to hunt down Al Brady.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Fair enough...
I'll say that in the end there are not just two ways of looking at things.

The Pessimist sees the glass as being half empty.
The Optimist sees the glass as being half full.

I've always been partial to the way an Engineer looks at things and the world.

The glass was twice the size originally needed to begin with.

In other words. It is what it is.

edit on 2-9-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

ummm....yes they did.

1/3rd of Mexico's work force is in the United States. They've been robbing, pillaging, raping, and killing all they can before they run back home and come back and repeat the process.

Japan took the US Marine barracks along with the entire island of Guam and kept it for 3 years.

Foreign Banks/"Investors" have been buying up assets/businesses in the US....running them into the ground for maximum profits then selling them and running with their money...which was a Robbery Invasion Congress allowed...(as long as they got their cuts)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

Absolutely, you underestimate the apathy of the vast majority of Americans.... Combined with the fact that there isn't anything, really that can be done now to change this course, what is there to fight?

Resistance is futile!

Unfortunately, too many Americans like you believe this can't happen, isn't happening and can be "fixed" or we can fight back etc. and that is, in part, how we got here in the first place.

Seriously, it's all over but the awakening, acceptance and crying now.

You would do well to look to the past for a historical precedent to support or dismiss your viewpoints.

Your opinion of the perceived apathy of American society is identical to the false belief that the Imperial Japanese used to justify their rationale for a military solution to deal with American resistance to their goals in the far east.

Thus the tragedy that was Pearl Harbor followed by 4 years of total war culminating in the obliteration of the Japanese empire.

I can guarantee you that the American spirit has not declined one iota in the last 3 generations as was clearly evidenced by the events of the last 10 years. Saddam Hussein harbored a similar mistaken belief in a lack of American resolve and unwillingness to absorb the pain of protracted war which, as evidenced by the hangman's gallows, was a severe miscalculation.

I'm not sure whether some of the posters here are truly so misinformed or just blinded to reality by their hatred of what they perceive America to be.

Regardless of the source of some of your motivations, the truth of the matter is that the U.S. is currently the only true global superpower, our economy and government are in no way in any danger of collapse.

Most importantly,if we really were the rabid dog some choose to portray us as, it would be a very bad day for the rest of the world because realistically, there is not a military in the world that could stand against us.

Fortunately, as a society we choose to embrace freedom and democracy rather than tyranny.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Sigh...

You might want to crack open a history book on that and read about how the Britts once burned the White house to the ground.......

Not quite as compelling as General Robert Ross's sacking of Washington D.C. and although Alaska had not yet been granted statehood, the Japanese Aleutian Islands Campaign during the second world war is worth noting as well.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drunkenparrot

Fortunately, as a society we choose to embrace freedom and democracy rather than tyranny.

Really, what are "we" as a society embracing right now?

Don't be so blinded by your patriotism and faith in freedom, democracy and the Almighty US of A that you fail to see what is actually going on around you.

Bluntly put, WAKE UP!

Have you completely missed the last ten years... Especially what has been going on in the last two??

It's hopeless, really what is the point, some people will only wake up when all of this hits them personally... Oblivious and faithful to the END!

Good luck, goodbye, and God bless America.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
Bluntly put, WAKE UP!

Why is it that more and more people these days assume that any and all opposition, resistance to their point of view or opinion are asleep at the wheel?

WAKE UP to what?

1.) Your way of looking at things?

You've expressed them clearly enough.

2.) Your version of morality?

You've let your version be known.

3.) Your ideological beliefs?

You've shared with the masses already

4.) How you perceive others and the world around you?

Duly noted.

What is it we are supposed to be WAKING UP to here again?
I read what you've written and contribute as often as I can with full consideration and an open mind and still come away none the wiser.

Goes off to take a nap.
All this "WAKING UP" is tiring him out.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I love the people on here who are trying to make citizens of the USA scared of this possible attack that will never happen by China. Do these people understand that in this fantasy land where they would attack and win, that China would be coming after the rest of them after we are gone? Face it world, we are your protector. Support us or shut up and get out of the way.

Also- USA made and aircraft carrier in 1922. China makes one almost 90 years later. I’m pretty sure we have them beat in everything know to man, especially technology.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
They could be.

Britian could be planning an attack on Spain.

USA could be planning an attack on France.

The sky might turn yellow tommorrow.

Green issues might end up making us money instead of costing us money.

Oil could...
Gold could...
I could....

My point is that this posts statement is about as pointless as anything here as ATS prophets...even with the internet... are about as useless as predicting weather by the way my cat licks its rear end,

we'll see if dinner helps.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by TDawgRex

No. They would be impossibly out numbered. The US would call on its European allies, and it's likely it would also make it's middle east allies join too. The African Union is unofficially allied to the European Union as well. It would result in complete annihilation of China.

I have no proof, but after the the US financial miss-managemnt which has affected Europe rather badly, the way the special whatever with the UK seems to go in only one direction, the general war warmongering and involvement in matters far from their homeland, I have a feeling that nobody in Europe will care a toss.

A lot of Africa is being helped by China, as are a few other poor countries, with no intentions of invasion as the charge for the help, so doubt they will want to join in.

Not sure about India, but think they may be a bit interested on developing rather than warring, although there recent humiliation at cricket might well add a bit of spice.

The most likely ally may well be Japan, with maybe a few pacific islands as staging posts, although a few of those have not exactly been treated well by the US, I think of the Philippines.

Having worked and spent time in China, where I have many friends, I believe that China may well have, in the past, felt threatened by the US, so a build up of arms would be natural. I have also seen long trains of tanks moving, so numbers may well be high.

Regarding oil etc, from what I have seen it has rather a lot, and is probably awaiting the other supplies to dry up before it starts to use them. A rather Asiatic thinking.

I know this is not based on fact, rather on observation and talking, but I have a thought that any attack will not be by anything so destructive as Nuclear, but more on the internet front.

But just to be on the safeside I have my tin hat and a hole in the garden full of food. Hehe.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by dowot

You are right on a few issues. But bare in mind Africa knows America won't colonize them, and Europe knows that a strong America means no Russian or Chinese conquest. IF there was a war, they would choose America. Furthermore, 300 million Indonesians aren't likely to desire a Chinese enemy. They may remain neutral, but could join if they faces invasion. Join America that is, as they the region there would rather not be under Chinese rule.

China is indeed waiting, but it's on a timer. It cannot exist as it is forever.

China will be the largest English speaking, Christian, westernized nation on Earth this Century. It's going to quite literally become America if things continue. To be honest, I would not be surprised to find China outlasting America, but in the face of, or the result of, revolution, going ahead and adopting the US constitution as its own. It seems alien to say such a thing, but in the face of what it's becoming, it's really not that unlikely.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

haha, but don't forget they went broke as a result and took over Africa, Arabia, India, and Australia to try and find replacement colonies. Pretty much every modern war is because of their intervention :/
edit on 2-9-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
This makes absolutely no sense. Some generals appear to live in caves and fear that the outside world is a hostile environment with wolves outside the cave everywhere. Paranoia is what it is called.

Seroiously why would China attack the USA? Their economy depends on teh US as much as the economy of the US depends on China. World economies depend so much on each other that it would be devastating for both sides. It absolutely wouldn't benefit China to attack America.

edit on 2-9-2011 by lightyears because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by illuminatislave

Originally posted by Anoynymoose
Not really a surprise now is it?

I say lets get this ball rolling.

Bring it China!

Easy to say such a thing. Are you prepared for the consequences of an attack on our mainland?

With the United States spread thin in with all of the current conflicts, the Chinese feel that we are ripe for the picking.

Little do the Chinese know that just about every American household has firearms in it...militia anyone..Now you know why us resposible gun owners have fought for our right to bear arms all of these years...I also say "Bring it"

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SecretFace
reply to post by Wolfenz

Possibly, but China and North Korea don't have the relationship that people think. The only reason China wanted to keep talking with North Korea is because they can't afford for millions upon millions swarming across in to China if NK was to get blitzed by America. There's no special alliance, China knows too well that North Korea is a burden, a liablility, you can't have allies like that, not without a leash on them! However, North Korea could be used as fodder to send off an fight a war for China, but it's more a case of sheer volume of soldiers than of military might. North Korea's idea of Nuclear weapons is to strap a thousand microwaves to an upgraded Soviet missile and see what happens. Yes, they're national expenditure is basically 99% on military and I think the only occupations left in North Korea is infantry and POW Camp guard, but essentially it's a poor country and it's hardware is nothing near what even places like India have! I think too much is made of North Korea's military capabillity! In the cold light of war, they wouldn't necessarily capitulate, but they'd be wiped out!

NK have the Nukes you did know they did Underground Testing A while Back Right !

(CNN)
North Korea Detonates Nuclear Weapon Underground May 24 2009.
www.youtube.com...

(Phax News)
North Korea tests underground nuke May 24 2009
www.youtube.com...

North Korea Tests Nuke
www.youtube.com...

????
North Korea got nuclear technology from Pakistan - 27 May 09
www.youtube.com...

NK big Brother China Would not even Let The US Hit On NK Soil China Wouldn't Let the US go in their Neighborhood Yard !! Remember what happen to Indochinas 3rd Phase as America was in the 2nd Phase
you know Vietnam... They Warned the Soviet Union to Back off or face WAR! Especially interference in Laos and Cambodia and China was involved at the Beginning In Vied Nam as the Sovietswere involved in the Korean War mostly Flying those MIG's

Yes a Burden that China & the Soviets Helped Create It Possible that NK can be used as a Pawn ..

The Soviets Now Russian were Dirt Poor Country The had Very Limited Funding as In WW2 They were sending Men to war with just Rounds of Ammo No Weapon at all Hoping they pick up a Rifle from a Fallen Comrade ! Even tho the Cold War was Going on they Still traded with us Ironically a Major Staple Food known as Wheat and Grain

THe Scariest thing of NK is they were Born in a make believe World much like an Straight out of the Book George Orwell 1984 and Their Great Leader is Like a God ! in their Beliefs, They are Taught to Fight & Kill Americans Though Out all their Schooling Fearless !!

Hell they even have Cartoons for kids killing Americans !

This Video was made in the 60s I could just imagine what they would have now !
North Korea Animation DPRK anti USA Imperialism Invasion

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
What would be the objective of this attack?

China's economy is dependent on the United States and its allies. Look at what happens to their economy when there is any slight scare in ours. The world is too interconnected. The only practical targets for conventional wars are ones which are not deeply interconnected into the global economy. There is nothing China can gain through some military attack that it could not gain much easier through a whole list of different methods.

The entire concept is ignorant. Just because it would make a good movie doesn't mean it is a remote possibility.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by kellynap43

I'm sure i speak for everyone when i say that America is most certainly NOT EVERYONES protector.

you need to face facts, and that is that USA is not the strongest army anymore.

Americans will forever be alone and in denial that they are the "powerhouse of the world"

Maybe its because you spent all your first years pillaging those countrys of their resources that actually stood a chance and were becoming threatening.

I believe the British and Australian Air force is far more elite then anything America has to offer in terms of precision and strike rate.

It would help if you went and read a book for a change and quit spewing your American patriotism bull plop on this site, its just not welcome.

America is getting weaker by the day, and i for one pray that you get whats coming to you.

America is by far the most hated and worst country in the world - War Crimes against humanity, imprisonment of innocent civilians - the list drags on and on about the atrocity's they have committed against humanity.

Name me one country that does any of these things on a grander scale then The crappy U.S of A.

Face it America, you are alone in the world, and it won't be too long before my great country and many others start cutting ties with you to leave you fending for yourselves.

Someone said it on an earlier post... China is taking you out economically, from the inside, they don't need to nuke you or start a fight with you just yet, when the time is right they will strike and boy will it be glorious.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
You know how people say that the democrats and the republicans are both on the same side or at least owned by the same group? Well, I like to take it another step up the ladder and say that USA, Russia, and China are all controlled by the same powers as well, although I'm sure there are different factions and power struggles, it has nothing to do with China vs USA, its a lot more complicated (or a lot simpler depending on your perspective). What this means is that there very well could be a war, or a skirmish, or a quick takeover, but it would all just be a setup...

All it would take is some of the guys on top of the totem pole to say:
"Well, the people of America have spent the last few hundred years busting their backs building this powerful country, and now I think its time to cash in that check like was done with Rome so many years ago. First we will plan the economic collapse, and then as a result, their military programs will suffer, and we send in China to take over and make them all slaves, killing the handicapped, elderly, and obese, of course. We've basically got no choice because the average American citizen has got too much power and access to knowledge and funds. They will want a revolution to give the power back to the people and they will show the rest of the world how it can be done peacefully using social networking sites, refusal to participate in the "system", etc. We've got to take down the internet and police it and control it. A world war will allow us to do so while creating a one world government. Also, a world war will allow us to make all those who refuse to participate look like traitors to their own country. The bottom line is, there is no point in continuing the American nation as it is today. It's been built up enough so that we can steal all the gold, take the money and run, and let these people become slaves. An emp blast over all the major cities will allow us to pretend that the US was caught unprepared and unable to coordinate an attack. The people have been dumbed down to the appropriate level so that they will believe anything we say. And those who challenge the official version of the US takeover by the China-led coalition will not be believed by anyone, just like 9/11. And since the public does not know about the super weapons, they won't know how easily they could have won the war. Those weapons belong to us anyways, since we own the whole world and we can easily arrange to have those weapons unmanned or under maintenance or manned by people on our side, so that the small amount of people who DO know about them will be fooled as well, or simply "taken care of".

So, you're right if you say there will be no war. It won't really be two nations fighting eachother. It will be the one world nation, which has yet to be unveiled to the public, merely shuffling around their own assets in order to get the result they want out of the people. Some of us will be screaming foul play, but noone will listen and who can do anything about it anyway...

I'm not saying I wholeheartedly believe in this scenario, but its just one possibility out of many. I believe that when the Chinese sub popped up in our excersize, that was just to show us that the Chinese have some capabilities, so that when or if something happens, it will be believable. I think that we could have stopped that from happening and detected the sub, but people up high ensured that it would go as planned and the people involved in the excersize were lied to like us. Maybe some of the top people there knew and were in on it. But I think its all just leading up to something.

Just a wild guess... Whatever...

Edit to add... I think that everything seems to be leading up to our downfall. All the wars with Iraq, afghanistan, etc... All the "accidentally" bombed civilians like weddings and mosques... It's all on purpose to make us look like the bad guy so that when the time comes, noone will come to our aid... It won't matter that the people of America did not support the wars. They will say that its our fault for being too busy and apathetically watching American idol, etc WHEN WE SHOULD HAVE BEEN STORMING THE CAPITOL AND DEMANDING AN END TO THE KILLING! Those who are directing the killing know that us people will pay the final price while they collected huge profits and escaped like the top Nazis did. And the people will be left to clean up the wreckage. Just like the Nazis... We are being set up to be the bad guy... Just like the Nazis.

edit on 2-9-2011 by ZackMorris because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-morris

Originally posted by Wrong
It's funny people call this fear mongering but when it is news of Elenin bringing destruction to the galaxy, that is perfectly fine. >.>

What rubbish! This thread is fear mongering. Comet Elenin is just that, a comet!
is this something we should'nt fear?...fear is a survival instinct...its one of the reasons humanity is still alive...

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join