It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

General: China Could Be Planning Surprise Missile Attack on United States

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
utter nonsense, china relies on us to buy all their # products

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by auraelium
Thats the greatest load of rubbish ive ever heard, why would china attack the USA? they would be nuked to high heaven before their first bomb would hit, as my mother used to say "some people would believe anything".

It is but mere months ago that a U.S plan to invade den haag-netherlands (or la hague) surfaced.It was explained away as a "what if" case.I dont see why this would be any different.Although i must say that there where chinese politicians that made comments about being able to hold up their own in a battle with the u.s.

Sorry i dont have any links availlable right now but i am sure this has at least been discussed on ATS.If needed i can go for sources when i have more time.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Ridiculous fear mongering.

1. China and the US have a symbiotic relationship, if one goes down, so does the other (economically).
2. China and the US BOTH have plans and exercise war-games for a "what if" scenario
3. Most of the tough-talk from China is coming from a colonel, a freaking colonel! Come on! Who cares?
4. Interceptor missiles being tested by China are strictly defensive
5. China's interest is in Taiwan it's surounding waters and overall Asia, not mainland USA
6. See reasons 1-5.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
The most dumbest horse crap I've ever heard in my life. This scenario may only be possible if US defaults on its debt.

Right now, China owns trillions of US debt and it depends on US consumers to survive. Because China is like a retard kid who loves paper print outs from another spoilt kid.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by blocula

Originally posted by blocula

Originally posted by Jim Scott
China is our friend. We live in a global economy. We depend on each other for happiness and success. No country in their right mind would begin a nuclear war. Can you imagine the dire consequences? Japan's problem would seem like gum on the sidewalk of a city destroyed by fire.
russia and germany were friends during ww2 as well and even as the nazis began their massive attack,there were russian supply trains delivering materials and supplies into germany!...think about that...
^^^ so much for economic partnerships preventing a war ^^^
economic alliances dont prevent wars

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
It would just be the final nail in the coffin for me. Humanity is insane. I'd die with my eyes closed.

I'd picture in my mind another world, and think about that until I'm dead.

Why? There's a big universe around us. So much to explore. Why do we waste time killing? If we spread out more in the cosmos maybe there would be less killing here on earth for competition.
edit on 2-9-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

No translation needed to read the quote from this PLA General (retired? Is their such a thing in the PLA? Some of them look 90 years old!).

www.scmp.com...

"Xu Guangyu , a retired PLA general, said that if China could no longer keep secret its missile launches, it would not be able to launch a surprise attack on the US."
I am no longer amazed at the naivete some posters display when it concerns the nefarious activities of the PLA. They forget the thousands of Chinese citizens that were slaughtered by their own PLA. Or the millions of aborted female fetuses that are thrown away in the trash (males are needed for the PLA).
China does not need America no more than the Pharaoh needed money to pay the Hebrew slaves.
You think that Russia is a threat? Look at their Navy. It's nothing more than beached whales eroding on the shores of the Baltic, Caspian, and Black Seas. Nuking America will gain them the world.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by diddy1234

Yet another uneducated tool, they own 900Bn, a far cry from owning the US...get your facts straight and research a bit huh. And stop just repeating whatever you hear...

Gosh I hope the Guardian UK is reputable enough for you:

www.guardian.co.uk...

damp rag...

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Konstantinos

1. China and the US have a symbiotic relationship, if one goes down, so does the other (economically).

Right, which is why China is taking the wealth, status and power from the USA slowly.... There is a whole world out there other than the USA, and China plans to dominate it "economically" .... That doesn't happen as long as the USA is the current global leader.

China has no desire to war with the USA, nor to see it destroyed completely... They simply want to see the US fall and their nation rise to be the predominant global leader.

The smart US corporations have already relocated large portions of their businesses and manufacturing to China, do they know something we don't?

This is a redistribution of wealth power and status from the USA to the rest of the world, and China is the top benefactor in this.

There isn't a damned thing the USA can do about it now, there are no viable military options, and all other economic options will amount to as much of a self-inflicted wound as it will be an injury to the enemy.

Learn to accept less opportunity in the USA, fewer and fewer jobs and steady economic decline, and for a government that continues to struggle with massive and growing deficits and debt and a shocking realization that the Dollar is no longer a favored global currency, printed into oblivion and devalued... And they all fall down.

edit on 2-9-2011 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite
It would just be the final nail in the coffin for me. Humanity is insane. I'd die with my eyes closed.

I'd picture in my mind another world, and think about that until I'm dead.

Why? There's a big universe around us. So much to explore. Why do we waste time killing? If we spread out more in the cosmos maybe there would be less killing here on earth for competition.
edit on 2-9-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)
because humans are intelligent "animals"...

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

You make alot of sense...starred!

I will be flamed for saying this (actually I am Muslim you cant flame me, PC remember it would be racist : )...we need someone in Washington with Donald Trumps attitude towards China's imports to the US, this person should be blended with Ron Paul's sense of well Common sense and his constitutional adherence but with a bit of dare I say it Reagan's (hell even Obama because he has not reduced the military budget that I know of) passion for keeping our military strong...!

(I am sure this post is full of wholes but its just general ideas)

sniper out

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

Originally posted by Konstantinos

Right, which is why China is taking the wealth, status and power from the USA slowly.... There is a whole world out there other than the USA, and China plans to dominate it "economically" .... That doesn't happen as long as the USA is the current global leader.

China has no desire to war with the USA, nor to see it destroyed completely... They simply want to see the US fall and their nation rise to be the predominant global leader.

The smart US corporations have already relocated large portions of their businesses and manufacturing to China, do they know something we don't?

This is a redistribution of wealth power and status from the USA to the rest of the world, and China is the top benefactor in this.

There isn't a damned thing the USA can do about it now, there are no viable military options, and all other economic options will amount to as much of a self-inflicted wound as it will be an injury to the enemy.

Learn to accept less opportunity in the USA, fewer and fewer jobs and steady economic decline, and for a government that continues to struggle with massive and growing deficits and debt and a shocking realization that the Dollar is no longer a favored global currency, printed into oblivion and devalued... And they all fall down.

edit on 2-9-2011 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

While you are correct that there is less economic opportunity now, there is a fix. End the entitlement programs that people have become dependent on. Oh, it'll be painful and we won't see results for a decade or so. Exploit our resources, environmentalists be damned.

The overall goal is to put America back to work and make this country a viable one, once again.

No one said it would be easy, but the fix actually is. Just no one wants to go that route.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Sigh....
You Americans have already lost.
Wars cost money, so the next thing is to take over the country of choice financially.
See Dr Who The Sun Makers (Tom Baker classic!) to get my meaning.
Chinese are too busy making money and doing business as individuals to worry about getting together as a team to really do anything. It's called the economic reform of the 80's everyone here thinks of money and face. That's just how it is.
Have a look how much money China has in the kitty .
They still need you yanks to buy up all the crap that's produced for your average American. Hell now things are even more expensive here than in America.
Cars for instance are substantially cheaper in America than what they are here. And some of the stuff I can get in the supermarkets here are apparently more expensive than say Wallmart in America.
China has no military interest in America at all. It's called a financial war. Don;t they already own most of your debt and starting to buy out your assets ?

Seriously, some of you Americans need to get your heads out of your bums and actually see the other side then you will realize how economically screwed you are.

To add: I have been living in China for some time and have seen with my own eyes how quickly China is gaining with everything. The money dragon is awake
edit on 2-9-2011 by crackerjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

I will say it again, just because we are smarter or more intelligent and put out shows like "startrek next gen" does not mean that human beings lust fort power, money and woman (hot ones) will not change, as blocula said we are still animals at heart, all of us....maybe except for Buddhists : )

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by crackerjack

hahaha I do agree with you, but your critizing the US when you come from a country in worse shape and in a region where the EU made you their Beeech...Lisbon treaty is the day you lot lost your power to even vote on anything....hahahaha but please keep it coming and let me know when Cameron stops the street thugs and buys back those hundreds or 415 metric ton of Gold that Brown pissed away at 200$ an ounce after he announced the date he was going to sell it....

Also enjoy the IMF, Ireland bailouts, 2nd Greek bailout, Portugal and Spain next...

Worry about your own more disastrous region huh...

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by illuminatislave

Originally posted by Anoynymoose
Not really a surprise now is it?

I say lets get this ball rolling.

Bring it China!

Easy to say such a thing. Are you prepared for the consequences of an attack on our mainland?

With the United States spread thin in with all of the current conflicts, the Chinese feel that we are ripe for the picking.

A Nuclear War with China would be devestating to the US. Peking China has underground city like shelters with hospitals, food, etc.. we have only shelters for our elite. They will win this battle if this is to happen.

Phoenix Journals: Chapter 2 - Look at China
truthwinds.com...

Let me paint a picture for you of Peking, China. The entire city has tunnels under it, with entrances from every store and every apartment building. Inside the tunnels are kitchens, running water, sanitary facilities, food storage in great abundance, medical facilities all in complete readiness for instant use......etc...etc...Dear ones, no one- the Soviet Union or your government will authorize a nuclear strike against China. You would expend your precious warheads and they would come out of the ground and devour you in the twinkling of an eye...etc..While you slept and played with tinker toys and baseball; China built a bastion against which no country can prevail.

If you truly think bring it on is a good idea then please read this book from the Phoenix Jornals and you will change your outlook on nuclear war. I Promise
edit on 2-9-2011 by mileslong54 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-9-2011 by mileslong54 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Rafe_

Yup, theyd do that if any of their military were sent for a war crime trial.

Kind of ironic you posted that considering the wikileaks cables confirmed US troops have committed war crimes including the execution of handcuffed children.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by marinesniper0317

Again another generalization from an American, I don't actually come from the EU or England. My country is currently having a economic boom because of China, If China pulls the pin, then there goes the good times.

I used to stereotype and generalize when I just came home from work and watched the idoit box made me very ignorant, then I traveled experienced cultures, worked, ect.
Now my mind is open, my eyes are open I realize that my country is not the only country in the world, like some others do, not throwing any names around.
All I'm saying is until you have been out and seen it with your own eyes and got your proud head out of your bum then you might say "wow America is really in abit of trouble compared to our Asian neighbors".
Better yet, I'd start learning Chinese if I were you, you never know one morning you might come in and some dude will be yelling mandarin at you.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Anoynymoose

Are you sure????? China can lift an army of 100million soldiers.......
think of it.......they are like ants.....

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

The very real aspect that you keep missing is that the US wont collapse and disappear. You keep over looking history. The Soviet Union collapsed yet Russia is still here. No matter what the "Present" Global Super power says or does it cannot dictate to Russia what it wants. Why? Because Russia still has Nukes.

Now lets replace some of the characters here. China Grows faster than the US economy and takes #1 spot. Will they be able to dictate to the US?

And just like how the US economy went South If and When China's does as well. [Very real likelihood given the massive Bubble, The elephant in the living room every pro-China crowd members refuse to acknowledge] They will just as easily pack up shop and move operations to the like of India and or Brazil [Which they are already in place] Money or in this case profits talk and BS walks.

This is a redistribution of wealth power and status from the USA to the rest of the world, and China is the top benefactor in this

True to an extent. Only if they keep their wages at or around poverty level for the masses that way they can continue to be cut throat with their product pricing..

Again..

Ignoring the very fact that China although an ancient people. Their Government is only what? 60+ years young and relatively speaking are newcomers to capitalism. Not to mention the fact that as their people grow in wealth they will increasingly want thir haard earned money to be worth something in real terms not artifically pegged.

Now once that flood gates open their economy will be in for a inflationary massive system shock. We've already seen the headlines of student protesting a mere 2% hike last year. Which when put into perspective considering their real currency value was the equivalent of losing nearly 1/3 of their yearly disposable income.

I forget...

Did you say you live in the US? If so can you honestly say that Americans would simply go down without fight? I'm a student of history. I recall two countries in particular. Post WWII Germany and Japan. Both countries were utterly destroyed. No infrastructure. No real industry left. Their cities, towns and agricultural centers were in utter shambles. Their peoples were in complete dissolution. etc etc etc.

Yet they rebounded to become two of the top five economies.

Now the US has it's infrastructure is in place [Admittedly some is in need of repair I see more work projects = jobs] It's cities are in place, It's agricultural output is still high. It is sitting on a vast amount of natural resources [Often overlooked by the gloom and doom teams] it has a strong showing in High technology, Aerospace not to mention over 65+ years of uninterrupted clandestine military black program developments.

If people were shocked by the level of high-tech wizardry [For the Period] that was found when NAZI Germany collapsed from their few years of pre-WWII research. Now imagine what might be found if the US Top Secret flood gates were opened. Imagine the developments and advancements that have been worked on unhindered for over 6 decades and hundreds of billions of dollars.

In a nutshell the US is in a far and vastly better position to rebound and compete than were both Japan and German post WWII. The world wont be seeing the rise of a single global power but rather returning to a multi-polar world. We've seen this before and how potentially dangerous that can be. Research pre WWI history if you doubt it.

Just saying is all.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join