It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Western Oil Majors Will Get the First Crack at Libyan Oil Production

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Western Oil Majors Will Get the First Crack at Libyan Oil Production

moneymorning.com

Countries that supported the overthrow of dictator Moammar Gadhafi's regime are likely to get first crack at post-war Libyan oil production, while those that sat on the sidelines are at risk of losing out.

Although Libyan oil production before the uprising comprised just 2% of global output, it is prized because it is of the light sweet crude variety - it contains less sulfur than most other oil and is thus cheaper to refine.

China abstained from the United Nations vote that authorized for
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Oh Gaddafi is evil, we have to invade!

Secret files: US officials aided Gaddafi
english.aljazeera.net...

"We have lost Libya completely," Aram Shegunts, director general of theRussia-Libya Business Council, told Reuters. "Our companies will lose everything there because NATO will prevent them from doing their business in Libya."

That's pretty interesting

So NATO will now being the world embargo management organization?

This is so weird, China is so stupid
Oh we won't invade any of these countries, we'll just fund it through loans.

In any case that's just me talking out loud, but at the end of the day I hope everyone who was for the invasion has at least slightly woken up.

Hopefully those that were fooled will think twice next time.

The
"ohhh last time they started wars for evil reasons, but this time..."
people

Please wake up!

moneymorning.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Oh how many times Have I been shot down for saying the war in Libya was over Oil. I have proven my point even before the intervention went ahead.

Disgusting to say the least. But mind you would not surprise if those who shot me down for stating this was not for humanitarian reasons, will still be so blind they, will not be able to see the truth, even if hit them squarely between the eyes.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousFem

Of course it was for oil, as was Iraq, and Afghanistan is for mineral deposits. Oh, and in the UK we sailed all the way to a little island in the south Atlantic because Argentina was invading it... yeah right, we went to the Falklands, not to rescue sheep farmers, but to maintain our foot hold in the Antarctic minerals.

It's all about money and greed and America is the worst culprit..... They lie through their teeth and the MSM merely bleats what they are told to.

Bloody oil, bloody greed and it's within their bloody hands!

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Stop buying gas that has been paid for with blood and the suffering of many.
I refuse to buy any more than is necessary to go to work. I started walking and biking to do all my local needs and using my car only when I have.to travel far or to work.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Yep, yet another illegal war, by NATO (who don't even have a freaking remit to be doing this stuff, they were meant to be a safe guard against soviet oppression, not the world police!).
World War 3 is in full swing, and it's all about grabbing as many resources aas you can before phase 2 starts.

Am getting sick of it, but noone will ever be held accountable. I actually think the Russians and Chinese act with more honour and dignity than the west these days (they aint no saints, but they never claim to be.)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Just like in Iraq.

S&F&

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

another illegal war over oil even CNN adimted it that Libya is by calling Libya a Oil Rich Country thanks thread OP This proves my point.

new topics

top topics

join