It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEMA'S use of term 'Federal Family' for government expands under Obama

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   

www.palmbeachpost.com

Don’t think of it as the federal government but as your “federal family.”

In a Category 4 torrent of official communications during the approach and aftermath of Hurricane Irene, the Federal Emergency Management Agency has repeatedly used the phrase “federal family” when describing the Obama administration’s response to the storm.

The Obama administration didn’t invent the phrase but has taken it to new heights.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
“Under the direction of President Obama and Secretary Janet Napolitano, the entire federal family is leaning forward to support our state, tribal and territorial partners along the East Coast,” a FEMA news release declared Friday as Irene churned toward landfall.

So now we are "Family", and their partners (stae, local and federal governments), are their "offices" and "personnel".

Well, if we're family I'm going to start treating the government like my heroin addict uncle and cut them off! I'm also going to hope they move out of state and never call or write.

Though a birthday card once and awhile around Christmas and birthdays would be sweet.

Can I get it signed by my "family" in the CIA?

www.palmbeachpost.com

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by sbctinfantry

Wow! That Federal Family PR job almost tricked me.

-------------
Government sounds too icky. Lets give it a facelift and call it Federal Family.
It just sounds like more Federal BS to me.
Slick marketing tricks won't work. They must think we are all really stupid.
-----------
Who comes up with this garbage?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

"They must think we are all really stupid" and their right about most of humanity anyway

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

No, they know we are stupid, that's the problem.
Why do you think they get away with what they do? We are stupid, lethargic lemmings.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
probably the renaming is just part of a federal job re-evaluation so they can grab more of your tax dollars to go with the fancy new titles they are giving away

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Federal Family?! More like Big Brother!

Why is it that our world steadily becomes more and more like Orwell's 1984?
We seriously have to do something about this. I don't want a boot stepping on my face, forever.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
They are my employees...NOT my family!

Their time is limited and is running out.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by sbctinfantry

“Under the direction of President Obama and Secretary Janet Napolitano, the entire federal family is leaning forward to support our state, tribal and territorial partners along the East Coast,” a FEMA news release declared Friday as Irene churned toward landfall.

So now we are "Family", and their partners (stae, local and federal governments), are their "offices" and "personnel".

Well, if we're family I'm going to start treating the government like my heroin addict uncle and cut them off! I'm also going to hope they move out of state and never call or write.

www.palmbeachpost.com

Right. Federal family as in FEMA, DHHS, GSA, ect., all working together as the Federal family to support and assist those in need after the flooding. I do indeed consider such endeavors as the Federal family working together. Prior to my Federal employment, the term family was used in every company I was ever associated with. Really just a case of a term used throughout industries being nit picked for no apparant reason. Proudly seving the tax payers (including you) from Fort Worth, Texas.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
This is exactly what they do and they tried to pump PR with IRENE and then they slip in and take over.

My family has had trouble with them trying to make them buy insurance from them for floods and had great legal trouble with them.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by usernameconspiracy
Right. Federal family as in FEMA, DHHS, GSA, ect., all working together as the Federal family to support and assist those in need after the flooding. I do indeed consider such endeavors as the Federal family working together. Prior to my Federal employment, the term family was used in every company I was ever associated with. Really just a case of a term used throughout industries being nit picked for no apparant reason. Proudly seving the tax payers (including you) from Fort Worth, Texas.

FEMA was amazing during Katrina, can't wait to see how they fumble the ball on this Irene nonsense.

DHHS, where do I start? How about the endless lines at the food stamp office, crappy service, better than thou attitude, and lack of compassion? How about the inflated salaries, egos, and ridiculous benefits.

Government AGENCIES, are not our FAMILY, and they don't SERVE anyone but themselves.

You want to say you did a service? Talk to your local recruiter.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

www.palmbeachpost.com

Don’t think of it as the federal government but as your “federal family.”

In a Category 4 torrent of official communications during the approach and aftermath of Hurricane Irene, the Federal Emergency Management Agency has repeatedly used the phrase “federal family” when describing the Obama administration’s response to the storm.

The Obama administration didn’t invent the phrase but has taken it to new heights.

I have to ask the questions... If the government is your "family" and they are always screwing you, isn't that incest? And when they take whatever percentage of your hard-earned money through the IRS, aren't they acting like your pimp?

Inquiring minds want to know...

Cheers - Dave

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
ooops, double posted, apologies

Cheers - Dave
edit on 9/1.2011 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by usernameconspiracy

FEMA was amazing during Katrina, can't wait to see how they fumble the ball on this Irene nonsense.

DHHS, where do I start? How about the endless lines at the food stamp office, crappy service, better than thou attitude, and lack of compassion? How about the inflated salaries, egos, and ridiculous benefits.

Government AGENCIES, are not our FAMILY, and they don't SERVE anyone but themselves.

You want to say you did a service? Talk to your local recruiter.

Nobody is saying you should consider the various Government agencies YOUR family. However, the Government employees consider each other a family in the same way that your employer may use the term. For example, the Kroger family, or the Home Depot family. I would not consider Home Depot as a company to be my family, but if I were an employee it would make sense.

Pretty easy stuff to understand if you take a minute and think.

top topics

join