It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Man Who Draws In His Sleep

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
37 Year Old Lee Hadwin of the U.K. is an artist, when he's sleeping.

Claiming he has never had any interest in being an artist, Hadwin started scribbling in his sleep when he was 4 years old. His drawing became more intricate in his mid teens. Now showing his art in galleries, and using them to raise money for charity.

Hadwin is completely unconscious when he's drawing, unaware it's even happening. Doctors haven't been able to figure out what's been going on either, they can't even tell what stage of the sleep cycle he's in, leaving the only diagnosis to be - sleep walking.

Some of the drawings are pretty amazing, some very surreal. You can visit his Facebook page here and see some of his work in his albums.

Also a BBC interview can be seen here.

A recent article from AOL Weird News

Cool stuff IMO. I've often wished I could capture images from my dreams. You know, faces of people you know in dreams, but have never met. Stuff like that. An amazing gift this guy has, that's for sure - thought I would share.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Incredible.

His style shows that this is indeed coming straight from the source 'god' itself.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I love how some of them are are amazingly complex and detailed, while others are basic and almost childlike
guess it depends on the dream state and how involved he is with the dream.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Fazza!

That just made me wonder.... I know in the BBC interview he says that alcohol seems to bring on the sleep-drawing, but he didn't say what effect it made on the quality of the drawing

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
flagged for sure!

he does these all in one go?

some intricate designs among the examples given.

i'm a bit baffled and amazed at the same time.

sheer beauty of some is amazing

quite a while ago there was a Dr Phil episode about sleepwalking.
on the show was a women who cooked and ate whole meals during her sleep.

can't find the relevant episode at the moment, maybe some prominent Dr Phil follower can help ?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
He seems to spend a lot of time in Australia (based on his facebook) and his art has a definite aboriginal quality...

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
jus wondering a couple things how does sleep paralysis come into this??
and why if he sleep draws doesnt he accidently sleep walk aswell seems a bit strange

top topics

join