It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CLAIM: California Cesium-137 Contamination Possibly WORSE than Western Japan!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

I will try to help you find the answers you seek.

First we need to differentiate between two things, radiation itself, and radiation emitting particles.

The background radiation present today is a mix between actual radiation and the pollution of radiation emitting particles. Things like Cosmic radiation, have no particles nearby to affect us. However the small amount of uranium or radon released from coal burning, releases radiation emitting particles into the air around us.

The main danger comes from ingesting or inhaling these radiation emitting particles.

The natural background radiation that permeates around us is negligible in comparison and only does minor damage which all organisms repair daily naturally.

We know as a fact that radiation emitting particles have been detected in North America and Europe as a result of this event.

We do not have concise or accurate databases available to the public which lists Exactly How Much of these radiation emitting particles are being detected. So we need access to this data first before we know the ultimate severity of the issue.

But like stated before, only a small concentration of these particles can irradiate your internal tissue over longer periods and thus having time to create lasting damage to our genetic material.

Since we know there is "some" here all around us, it would be safe to assume to "some" effects will become apparent over the next few decades.

The "Severity" is not calculate-able with any reasonable accuracy without access to significant data to determine the actual levels of fallout contamination we are facing here.

I am personally very disappointed that we do not have these types of answers with sufficient data at our fingertips.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

edit on 7-9-2011 by TETRA.X because: Oops..sorry. Deleted my post!!!

<< 1  2   >>

join