It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CLAIM: California Cesium-137 Contamination Possibly WORSE than Western Japan!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

The actual health risk?

Firstly, do NOT consume Pacific Ocean tuna. Secondly, this radiation fallout will affect the quality of milk, meat and all fresh produce in the USA.

Now prove me wrong!

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Uhm I looked on the blog, and went to the source website....
Chernobyl released more Cesium-137 so I don't think we have much to worry about.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

Yes, well it would kind of freak the world out if they advertised that the issue isn't fixed...even thought they are signing millions of people to death in the Northern Hemisphere.

Believe what you like.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

The actual health risk?

Firstly, do NOT consume Pacific Ocean tuna. Secondly, this radiation fallout will affect the quality of milk, meat and all fresh produce in the USA.

Now prove me wrong!

Grrreeeeeeeeaaaaat...I read this just after having a great big tuna sandwich.

Not to worry, though...this was caught about 10 miles off the Central Oregon Coast last year...by ME!

Oh, and I canned it myself too...,makes me wonder, however, if it's the last time I'll ever get to enjoy tuna from the Pacific.

I'm so angry.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by kn0wh0w
maybe this has to do with the chinese government blowing radiotion high into the atmosphere, away from themselves.

i´ve read that somewhere, can´t substantiate the claim at the moment.

this whole radiotion scenario worries me, heck i´m even bothered by the word itself.

SnF for bringing to my attention.

of digging to back up my claims

Actualy if you look on google earth it looks as if the jet stream has been manipulated. The jet stream now goes and loops around alaska and back into Japan, witch is why i think this video is a fraud.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Well... duh. If western Japan was more contaminated then the radioactive material would be traveling against the wind.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Of course that is a gross exaggeration...

If you think that was bad, you should see the cover-up in progress over the fallout from venting highly radioactive steam at the VA nuclear plant following the recent quake.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin
reply to post by loam

I love the way the simulation stops after the 24th March....LIKE HELL IT DID. It has been non-stop. It's very very sad.

I was just thinking of that myself, with a similar amount of distaste.

The exact same BS we were told about how BP had "capped" the oil leak. Now what? Just this week they come out saying "oh, the leak isn't plugged after all! It's still all oily!" NO SH*T SHERLOCK!

The phrase that describes Fukushima is:
NO END IN SIGHT

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
The more I watch TEPCO lie, and the lies of omission from the world; it makes me wish I was rich enough to by a rad detector.

It's sad.

M.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Just a reminder: there is no "safe" radiation level, anything above background can, and most likely will be bad.
We already had 2 & 3 headed flowers at the beginnig of the summer, just like back in '86.
Note that I dont want to instill fear, theres nothing we can really do so try to do things as usual.
Remember, try to not get rain on you, and use common sense.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Juanxlink

Then there is the cumulative effects to consider.

Even if the rad readings are low, Cesium-137 can accumulate in the body over time to very dangerous levels, through ingestion, respiration etc.

It has a half life of about 30 years, in that time you can accumulate a lot from a contaminated region, such as the west coast USA... This is what they aren't telling people, and don't want you to know ... Clean up and decontamination of such widespread areas is frankly impossible, evacuating millions to where? ... also impossible.

The damage and affects will not show up for several years, and over that time the true impact will reveal itself.

Too bad, so many are going to be accumulating this over the months and years to come, completely oblivious to the actual devastating affects it could potentially have on them.

So, really who wants to know this?

What can be done about it?

Maybe it is best to say nothing more about it?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

exactly right...cesium is one of the lower level BAD particles to be dosed with

30 year half life or something

so if you live on the west coast you are being exposed to that. it will enter your body for all the years you live there and slowly decay once it penetrate your organs

many cancer mutations could happen out there

of corse the media aint gonna talk about it!

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperTripps

Ha, better hope there are NO plutonium particulates deposited and widely dispersed like this Cesium-137

They had it in the Fukushima reactors and spent fuels!

That stuff can have a half life of 24,000 years!

Better not go there.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Ima watch next season of Deadliest catch.

They fish crabs in the Bering sea (Ak) .
Now most fishermen are smokers, chain smokers. So if they start falling like flies i might consider some extra long vacation in the southern hemisphere but i doubt the effect are that bad.

Like someone mentioned, the pacific stream can be different from the french's forecast.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
One thng to consider also is this, internal ionizing radiation is quite different from external background radiation.

Remember the Inverse square law works both ways.

That is to say any ingested particle which then lodges itself within your body will have the least amount of distance between itself and your tissue resulting in the most amount of harm caused.

Cs is treated like calcium, going to your bones which is why you get leukemia, Sr goes to the muscle think being treated like a different nutrient your body needs.

As Pred says, good nutrition can help mitigate the uptake of radionuclides into your system, just be sure of your sources. What your consuming might be contaminated anyway.

Wash veggies well, avoid rain and dust.

As to the amounts actually released vs reported. I'm thinking that the probability of it being higher than stated to be a significant one.

And don't forget the tens of thousands of tons of radioactive water that's accumulating there on site. Much less all of the radiation steaming out and leaking into the bedrock thence into the ocean.

For six months.

With the only "plan" being circus tents and now a "water wall" to try and prevent contaminater ground water from seeping in to the Pacific.

Together
Everyone
Participates
Cancerously
Obliviously
edit on 2-9-2011 by jadedANDcynical because: Typos, I bet I missed some more too!

edit on 2-9-2011 by jadedANDcynical because: Yep, I did miss some more. Any others are just going to have to stay and you'll have to figure out what I mean on your own.

edit on 2-9-2011 by jadedANDcynical because: I couldn't stand it. Had to fix one more. No more. I promise. Maybe. Or not. I don't know, maybe I ought to go to sleep.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
You Guys are more than "phunny",
do you really believed that this disaster is limited on F'Shima, Tokyo, Japan and Asia?

The Nuclear Complex is International as well as the Pollution,
the Cancer and the Death!

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Its good I left the s h i thole called California and the USA.I saw the writing on the wall when the Fuhrer Bush came to power.

Other americans were not as wise and still live in a fool's paradise.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I don't want lend myself to fear mongering, but this could be an answer to a question that I have. I have noticed that the background levels are higher on the west coast than they are in the mid portion of the US.

Also, when there are active monitoring stations online in Japan, often times the background radiation is less there than is on the West Coast of the US. Taking the jest stream into consideration would be a likely account.

Radiation Network

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

The actual health risk?

Now prove me wrong!

What part of my question did you not understand? I simply asked if anyone knew what constituted dangerous levels? What is this "Now prove me wrong!" crap about? Troll much?

I'm interested because of where I live. I'd like to know if these levels are dangerous or not. You however seem to be trying to pick a fight for whatever strange reason you have?

Civility and civil discourse is not hard. Give it a try, eh?

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by sabbathcrazy

The Jet Stream is different this year and was last year due to the cooler waters in the Pacific. This happens every few years. Gives us cloudy, rainy weather and little sunshine. Same thing that moves the Hurricanes to the East and causes the extreme weather throughout middle of the country. Same thing causing the drought.

Look into a guy named Joe Bastardi who accurately predicted what has occurred the last few years. He's an outcast because he does not believe Climate Change is man caused, but his predictions are in fact the most accurate and he explains the Jet-stream and its movements better than anyone else I've seen. You will find lot's of stuff by him. Last Spring I watched him accurately give a blow by blow of what would happen this summer and fall and so far he is spot on. He even predicted the likelihood a Hurricane would hit New York as the Hurricanes would be on that path this year.

The Jet-stream is not in a fixed location. It moves. I'd imagine the model used, uses averages.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join