It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leaked cable alleges U.S. troops executed 10 Iraqis civilians in 2006

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Leaked cable alleges U.S. troops executed 10 Iraqis civilians in 2006

www.kansascity.com

A U.S. diplomatic cable made public by WikiLeaks provides evidence that U.S. troops executed at least 10 Iraqi civilians, including a woman in her 70s and a 5-month-old infant, then called in an airstrike to destroy the evidence in a 2006 incident in the central town of Ishaqi.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
There is proof positive now that war crimes need to be brought against the generals ordering these insane acts of brutality. To all you blind flag waving patriots this is why the world hates you. The facetious nature of the US foreign policy is a blasphemy to its original declaration of independence. It sickens me that there are still people that defend this kind of activity.

If you support this kind of behavior you deserve nothing better than to watch as YOUR family is lined up and shot in front of you. and when you retaliate have the hypocrisy of calling you a terrorist. This is indeed a mad world with villains masquerading as saviors.

www.kansascity.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

But Philip Alston, the U.N.’s special rapporteur on extrajudicial, summary or arbitrary executions, said in a communication to American officials dated 12 days after the March 15, 2006, incident that autopsies showed that all the dead had been handcuffed and shot in the head. Among the dead were four women and five children. The children were all 5 years old or younger. Read more: www.kansascity.com...

edit on 1-9-2011 by TiM3LoRd because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
First off this is good news for Wikileaks, bad news for America, but just a side question about Wikileaks that maybe someone can answer for me: why do they release 400,000 cables all at once, when they could release one good one every day. Are they worried about getting hacked? I'm sure they already get hacked regardless. Just saying that 400,000 cables is a lot to look through, even if they wait a few months before each dump.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

That my friend is a question only Julian Assange can answer.

I would rather have the information by the bucket load than not at all. I like most people am fairly impatient so being trickle fed would bore me to tears and lose my interest.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
We don't need Wikileaks to tell us that bad things happen in wartime. You say this is good because the proof that is needed to prosecute American Generals of war crimes is now out there. Do you really think that is going to happen? In America? I wish it would, but I'm being realistic here when I say that it won't.

Is it right to kill women and children execution style? Absolutely not. Is anyone going to be held accountable for it? Probably not, and no amount of Wikileaks information is going to change that.

If Wikileaks wants to make a difference in the world, they would "leak out" the names, phone numbers and addresses of the high ranking officials who order things like this, so people like you can form a vigilante style group of people and take matters into your own hands. I'm not being sarcastic when I say that either, all I'm saying is that if you want justice to prevail in situations like this you are going to HAVE to take matters into your own hands because TPTB protect their own. And if you can't see that, I'm sorry.

This protection comes from the top and it's done by way of doing things in such a manner where so many high profile people are involved in so many ways, that's it's impossible to pinpoint one or two people who are directly responsible. They do this by design. It's no accident. They do it in such a way where if you want to go through the regular legal channels to resolve this type of issue to put the blame on one person, you'll have to blame them all. And I'm sorry, but that's never going to happen.

The only way that common men and women like you and me are ever going to see justice served is if we serve it ourselves. And if history is any indicator, that's never going to happen either because the American public, by and large, would rather have things given to them, like information, freedoms, justice,etc...., rather then them going out and getting it themselves. It's as if they feel that they're not capable of being in charge of their own lives. They're content just sitting back and complaining about how the government and military, who they CHOOSE to let control them, are big, bad monsters and something really ought to be done about it.

Something DOES need to be done about it, and it needs to be done by us. Do you really think they're going to clean up their own house?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

Assange is a wierdo control freak, who wanted to drip feed data and use it to cultivate
an image of himself as some kind of savior to the masses.. More intelligent and responsible
people at wikileaks and jounalists at the guardian have taken the power out of his hands and
dumped all the data in one load, which is a good thing.
edit on 1-9-2011 by Atzil321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Atzil321

Could you please cite where you found this information? oh wait your just trolling.
2nd line.
edit on 1-9-2011 by nahsik because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by nahsik

Its an independent assessment I have made of the man, after observing his motives and
actions over the years. Plenty of information about him is available for you to form your own
opinion of him 'of which you are entitled' Im not trolling anything, just giving my personal thoughts on the situation

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Topic alread exists in BAN here

Closing

new topics

top topics

join