It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is ATS becoming Inundated with Surveys?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Seems like a new survey every week nowadays. What's the deal with these things?

I am led to believe they are after more cash, and are selling survey results. They did take down the annoying ad space on the new topics page (kudos), but now they have found a supplement?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Ah yes..that annoying ad is gone now.

They should take a survey and find if and how many people are annoyed by surveys.

Peace

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
i like getting mail, i dont like constant surveys, is there a place to opt out.

ATS as a free forum seems to be bowing to many forced forum tactics and adverts etc, i think its popularity is its own enemy!

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Do you support the ATS Polls?

[ ] Yes, I find them informative and I am interested in seeing the results because I am an active and informed member of ATS.
[ ] No. YARRRGHHH U2U STOP !!!! NAOOOOo111!1!!!! Brrrrrrrgh.

poll ends September 1, results will be posted then.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Based on the wording of the questions.. Id say its to make ATS look like its not full of lunatics.. They probably fear the msm calling conspiracists nutjobs and want to curtail that opinion.. But unfortunately, majority of us are lunatics.. Sort of like congress.. They actually think they are accomplishing something, as we thinks our opinions and research matter.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I don't like it either. It's very annoying, generally i would like an option to not receive those 'new poll' mails followed by 'poll results' later. It's just too much, this year i got over 50 mails from ATS and it was all the 'poll' 'street view' 'ats search' and other useless crap i'm not interested in.
I wish there was an option to say 'no thanks, i don't want those mails'.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
It is very simple people...just ignore...and don't participate in what you don't like.

I for one like the surveys.....I think they are fun and informative!

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by emaildogs
Seems like a new survey every week nowadays. What's the deal with these things?

They seem pretty non-intrusive to me. Easily ignored if you don't want to participate. IMO the results are informative.

-NLightN-

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Ahh...the voice of reason.

"Intrusive" survey that require the deletion of an email, basically...people upset about receiving 50 spam messages by the 244th day of the year - I wish my Yahoo! email account had a track record like that.

While I understand that some would rather *only* receive private messages directly from people they're communicating with instead of by way of ATS notification - if this is the most annoying thing you have to deal with during your day, you're really not being too bad at all.

I'm not really interested in all of the surveys, but I also have a fairly narrow focus on where and when I check ATS, so am glad for the notice as I might otherwise miss the ones I am interested in. Clicking 'delete' is not so challenging.

Take care.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I guess I wouldn't call one survey a week being "inundated"
I just delete the ones that do not interest me...and move on. I enjoy the results of the surveys that do interest me however..It is nice to see where you fall in the stats with your beliefs!

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Thanks for the replies.
Does it not seem as if the Surveys are coming at a more accelerated rate?

Doing surveys for the members sake is a good thing, selling members thoughts would be sketch to me. (By the way I'm not saying they are selling the results, I don't know.)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Because not so much time is left before the revolution my friend believe it or not. No fear mongering, only the truth.

Thruthseek3r

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Ive definatly noticed an increase of polls the past month or so. Personally I like them, and most of all seeing the results. Its nice to get an over all idea of what people think. Especially when there is 25,000+ people taking one. Keep it up ATS!!

im not sure about the reason, maybe its from requests from members, an increase in political polls, or the MOD's are just curious wat the majority think/believe...
edit on 9/1/2011 by massiveffect because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/1/2011 by massiveffect because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Good Lord. Did anyone force you to complete a survey? Can you take a second to press the DELETE key? Maybe they do "sell" the results (I doubt it.) but SO? Does that violate your civil rights? Nobody is forcing you to come onto ATS, and more importantly, you don't get to tell the site what to do.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
Good Lord. Did anyone force you to complete a survey? Can you take a second to press the DELETE key? Maybe they do "sell" the results (I doubt it.) but SO? Does that violate your civil rights? Nobody is forcing you to come onto ATS, and more importantly, you don't get to tell the site what to do.

If you dont post often because of time restraints, coming back to 10 survey mails means deleting them wihtout reading, or spending time you didnt intend reading guff you might not want to recive anyway.

Im just saying, add a button to opt out of all surveys, or even, create a survey section of the forum we can check out on our own time.

just sayin'

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

C'mon, this is hardly a Rant, more like an Observation.

No, i'm not forced to take the survey but i am forced to engage with it in some way.

And yes, i do believe if we all have similar opinions about a particular subject the site will have to listen, take the advert on the New Topics page for example. Its a Gonner!
edit on 1-9-2011 by emaildogs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Biigs

If you dont post often because of time restraints, coming back to 10 survey mails means deleting them wihtout reading, or spending time you didnt intend reading guff you might not want to recive anyway.

Im just saying, add a button to opt out of all surveys, or even, create a survey section of the forum we can check out on our own time.

just sayin'

In which case you've been gone for five weeks. I get at least ten spam messages a day in email. It's not really that hard to delete them.

Just sayin'

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Biigs

just sayin'

In which case you've been gone for five weeks. I get at least ten spam messages a day in email. It's not really that hard to delete them.

Just sayin'

I understand, but a button to opt out? Is that alot to ask.

Im only even posting in here because in the breif time ive been a member (april) ive noticed a rise in the amount of these sorts of mails.

Usually its good stuff worth reading, but i prefer to discover my own interests

top topics

join