It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jim Morrison of The Doors is Alive and Well - Apparently So.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by fallow the light

It's music.. so it will be impossible for us to stay on topic completely.
I dig white zombie. I actually never really listened to Hed P.E. but saw them live like 8 years ago in Huntington W.Va oddly enough. Mr. Bungle is good stuff, Pink Cigarette is a killer song (I saw Mr. Bungles lead singer in Tomahawk when they opened for.. you guessed it Tool. I saw Tool live when they toured for lateralus).

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Now you are speaking my language lol. I have respect for all music, my ears on the other hand are a different story lol I never got to see Mr bungle but I have seen Hed pe, tool, snot (with new singer, bleh), mudvayne, chevelle, isis and dozens of others.

I have kind of given up on listening to music as of late. It just seems like a waist of time. Now making music on the other hand, that is time worth spent!

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Although I use to listen to The Doors when I was younger, it's pretty obvious that Jim was possessed at times. I also went to see Tea Party in Australia when they toured in the early 90's, and wouldnt be surprised if they were possessed as well. I'm over the drugo music now, in fact pretty much over music in general 99.9% of the time.
edit on 1-9-2011 by Haxsaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by fallow the light

Yeah.. i make music myself. I have some of it posted in one of the band/musician threads here.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
He doesn't seem like the type that would stop singing I don't believe it and if he were alive he would still be putting out songs like Mick Jagger or something. =)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by awareness10

never underestimate the allure of a long-dead but quite the hot little monkey brooding poet bad boy lead singer in leather pants to still stir interest after all these years.

kidding aside, i hope many of the celebrities who supposedly died under mysterious circumstances really have gone on to live quiet, peaceful lives nestled away in some foreign country with someone they love. fame is a curse, from what i've seen. these people in the spotlight pay way too high a price. they become surrounded by hangers-on, scumbags with full access to the worst things in life, and many people who only care about all the money they are making off of their talent and work

i wish more tortured artists would cut loose and run away. it still bothers me how Amy Winehouse was treated so horribly by the press. Ms. Winehouse was THE bad girl if there ever was one and instead of celebrating her incredible talent and hipcat persona, writers tossed all sorts of insults at her. shame on them. everyone has feelings. artists are usually very sensitive people. i can't imagine how much it must hurt to read the dirt so many write and put out on TV.

sad truth: the s.o.b.'s at the record labels profit like mad, and for many years to come, when popular recording artists die young. they will package & re-package every piece of scrap recording that the artist would never have wanted released in the name of more money in their suit pockets. may God have mercy on anyone who strikes it big in the entertainment industry.

Jim Morrison, The Doors? I can play every song from every album in my head, they are all memorized, every last note. Bless those boys.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by emaildogs
Yeah he's probably crusin with Biggie, Tupac, Bob Marley, Janis Joplin, Kurt Cobain, and Amy Winehouse.

Seriously, what's up with the rodeo links? The third is worthy. But the first is down right shameful, trying to link to a DVD purchase page? I won't more info please.

everyone forgetting Pimp C

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Oh he was one of the great talents of his and all time..I grew up in the 60's...Ill always listen to his work...but he is also dead as a doornail...he was tired of living...too much too fast....

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I remember this from a few years back...'William Loyer', he calls himself
...hmmmm...
edit on 9/1/11 by RoswellCityLimits because: tryin to imbed a vid....

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Yes....

He is alive and "well" (as in well done) Behind the Green Door

Wonder if he is still possessed by the spirits of Native Americans?
edit on 1-9-2011 by MasterGemini because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I know he spoke to/claimed to use a Native American "Spirit Guide" but I didnt know he claimed to be possessed by them...thats a new one to me

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Thanks for the great link. I wanted to repost these quotes from the site you posted.'s
because.. this is the truth.

"And it seems to me perfectly in the cards that there will be within the next generation or so a pharmacological method of making people love their servitude, and producing … a kind of painless concentration camp for entire societies, so that people will in fact have their liberties taken away from them but will rather enjoy it, because they will be distracted from any desire to rebel by propaganda, brainwashing, or brainwashing enhanced by pharmacological methods."
Aldous Huxley, 1959

"If ignorance is truly bliss, then why do so many Americans need Prozac?"
Your Host, 2000

Originally posted by Pilot
Some of you might be interested in this article about the Laurel Canyon music scene in the 60's and the bands that all just suddenly showed up there:

www.davesweb.cnchost.com...

Apparently a disproportionate number of the band members had family ties to military intelligence and some were scions of uber rich industrialists like Gram Parsons. Jim's Father was involved with the Gulf of Tonkin incident, and Charles Manson was everywhere, knew everybody and was considered a talented singer/songwriter by the likes of Neil Young...

It's a long but very interesting read. I guess I wouldn't be shocked if Jim did turn up alive, that was one freaky scene, a largely manufactured cultural wave that actually did more harm than good to the anti-war movement. I've seen other articles that explore the CIA and it's ties to counter-culture experiments and '___' being handed out like candy, this article focuses on the music scene mostly, well worth checking out.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Thanks for this great thread OP! S&F! Thank you Pilot for the link. I will read it although it is long.

One sometimes hear about the theory that the PTB introduces some new fashion in society just to distract the people what is happening or to make the people do something "fashionable" that then can become criminal.

I have often thought about the hippie era and wondered how it came to be. The CIA projects of MKULTRA and the like is interesting and definitely dealt with mass test of '___' to soldiers and unknowing civilians. The goal was to be able to rule the mind of the people, preferably in detail. Of course, the music and the culture of the youth was a part of it.

However, I always thought Jim and The Doors was THE REAL DEAL. It didn´t seem possible to fake that kind of style. Now, reading that other artists also originally came from military families is a bit scary. I thought the fact that Jim´s father was high ranking military was just a coincidence and the thing that made him rebel even more.

In fact, it is possible that they were both in on it. Jim was supposed to become the rebel rock star that told people to love each other and didn´t make a secret of his use of '___' just because people would of course see him as a role model and want to be like him, which was precisely that the PTB wanted to forbid.

No surprise then that when his work was done in 1972, he could move to Paris and then "die", but in fact perhaps get a new identity and live where he wanted... He was clean when he died and hadn´t touched drugs for months.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
you know who else is alive and well? Tupac Shakur (: haha but yeah that would be great if both these amazing artists were still around although i don't know how they'd feel about the music industry the way it is these days. would probably be shaking their heads at us!

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by gandamack2
I know he spoke to/claimed to use a Native American "Spirit Guide" but I didnt know he claimed to be possessed by them...thats a new one to me

as the story goes, Jim and his family were out in the car one day and they passed by an auto accident. As they slowly went by Jim could see an old grandfather lying in the road. He seems to think this man was a shaman and as the old man died his soul went into Jim.

Five to one, baby
One in five
No one here gets out alive, now
You get yours, baby
I'll get mine
Gonna make it, baby
If we try

The old get old
And the young get stronger
May take a week
And it may take longer
They got the guns