It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jim Morrison of The Doors is Alive and Well - Apparently So.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Lighterside

barrels full of em.for moments like these

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by awareness10

Eh, the doors are okay...no one beats the Zeppelin In my opinion.
I still am not convinced...but, I agree with another poster, he is alive through his music, and always will be.
But maybe he faked his death, because he couldn't deal with the fame anymore (because you can't become un-famous). I think some celebrities could have done that, Micheal Jackson would be a prime example of the possibility of faking a death, he was living in a media sh*tstorm! who could blame him.

Anyway, he could be alive physically, but I doubt it very much.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Alexander the Great

Thankyou for your input, this is what i wanted from posters. It's good to get more than
one perspective on an issue, it expands your mind and leads you to more conclusive
ends. I like most of the older bands, the music is timeless and picking favorites isn't
easy to do, but i will say Def Leppard Lita Ford and Ozzy would be up there, of course
amongst the few.

As for Jim Morrison being alive, it's highly speculative unless we had conclusive
evidence/blood tests to prove otherwise. Jim Morrison was a free spirit. But since
this is ATS we must always Deny Ignorance and offer this regardless of what common
sense might tell us is Truth.
This one would win hands down

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I don't know if any one agrees with me, But I feel that TOOL is one of the only bands to carry on the mind opening legacy that is psychedelic/blues/hard rock.

I feel that I could almost say that TOOL is The Doors of today (slash the pretty boy lead singer and popularity)
I get the same emotions (maybe this is due to listening to both a lot when I was a teen?) when I listen to TOOL as I do when I listen to The Doors.

They both put you in "that world"........ Those that know The Doors and TOOL understand what I'm talking about

If you disagree with me, I would love to hear your opinion in a nice manner, thank you.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by fallow the light

naw dude, it's all gone.

you young people will never get it back.

but hey!! you will have your memories!!!!

then rage against your kids "music" lol!!! good luck!

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Some of you might be interested in this article about the Laurel Canyon music scene in the 60's and the bands that all just suddenly showed up there:

www.davesweb.cnchost.com...

Apparently a disproportionate number of the band members had family ties to military intelligence and some were scions of uber rich industrialists like Gram Parsons. Jim's Father was involved with the Gulf of Tonkin incident, and Charles Manson was everywhere, knew everybody and was considered a talented singer/songwriter by the likes of Neil Young...

It's a long but very interesting read. I guess I wouldn't be shocked if Jim did turn up alive, that was one freaky scene, a largely manufactured cultural wave that actually did more harm than good to the anti-war movement. I've seen other articles that explore the CIA and it's ties to counter-culture experiments and '___' being handed out like candy, this article focuses on the music scene mostly, well worth checking out.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

Have you heard TOOL before? lol

How old are you sir?

I my self am 27 and can be considered a young person but I honestly believe that TOOL is the exception

Thanx for your thoughts

Edit to add: TOOL was formed in 1990.

And here is a little info on lead singer Maynard James Keenan
wiki
edit on 1-9-2011 by fallow the light because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Given the content of the thread I don't think you are going to get any mind blowing conversation so I think it was pretty accurate.

I'm 25 so not quite a grandpa, I just know music when I hear it (or in this case don't hear it).

P.S. I didnt just come in here to troll you on your music tastes.. I mean your taste can't be all bad as you are a fan of the doors, I was just shocked that you like them yet still equated them with that other band..
edit on 1-9-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

You want mind blowing/expanding?

wiki Lateralus

The song is known for its distinct time signatures and corresponding lyrical patterns. The time signatures of the chorus of the song change from 9/8 to 8/8 to 7/8; as drummer Danny Carey says, "It was originally titled 9-8-7. For the time signatures. Then it turned out that 987 was the 17th number of the Fibonacci sequence. So that was cool."[1] It is also apparent that the lyrics are arranged in ascending then descending order of the Fibonacci sequence, which is 1,1,2,3,5,8, based on their syllables. For instance, the first line is "Black. Then. White are. All I see. In my infancy. Red and Yellow then came to be. Reaching out to me. Lets me see."[2] and further examples below.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Yeah yeah.. I know tool. When I was younger I liked their first three albums.
I think now all the songs kind of sound the same.

i wont post and videos since it's off topic and would detract and take up too much space but ill post the links of what this old grandpa is into.

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Yeah yeah? lol you know that those words can be said about any band?

I wont post videos up ether out of respect but for the sake of music check out these songs I will link to. they will each be from a different album and will show you the progression and change in their sound threw out the years. Enjoy!

TOOL: Hush (opiate)

TOOL: Intolerance (Undertow)

TOOL: Push it (aenima)
(side note: The song Push it is actually spelled as one word but ATS wont allow me to, I'm sure because its so close so the word sh#)

TOOL: Lateralus (Lateralus)

TOOL: The Pot (10,000 days)

TOOL is an acquired taste I admit that, But when it comes to intelligent, mind expanding music, TOOL has the spirit, will and passion that (at least my self) is looking for in music.

The lyrics is what matter with this band (even though they are IMO, the most talented band on earth at the moment. Or at least that I know of)

Ok every one, sorry for the rant! I will be posting back on track for now on.

Good bye TOOL! Hello The Doors!

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

OH WOW MAN! I just listened to the 2 songs you posted and I have to say that was absolutely horrible.
(No offense to you)

Sorry but not my taste in any seance of the word. Respectfully

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
If Jim is still alive, I say let him be. He is obviously hiding for some reason (probably from the usual reasons they do)
His time has ended and now it a new.

I wouldn't want to be let down by the music Jim would be capable of, today any ways. I mean, think about Ozzy times 10.
Jim did so many drugs that I feel at this point, his brain/body would be mush and it would be a sad sight/sound.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

But after I 'walked the dog' for a bit, I feel a bit less grumpy. I'll give you props though where props are due, saw your ApocalypticA/MetallicA thread too, and I got to hand it to ya, sensational taste in music. Plus, thanks for the tube embeds, been listening! One thing you might want to look into (since I can tell you too can see the degradation of mainstream music through the 90's), Clinton supposedly signed a bill that gave I think Clear Channel (I could be wrong so don't quote me on that) the ability to eat up tons of radio stations, removing DJ's and replacing them with out of town implants, etc. There is some literature about all this out there (sorry I have no name for the bill or links) that talks about what happened. Anyway, loosing my buzz now, so... lates.
reply to post by Lighterside

Hmm, well I see you either publicly proclaim you spank your monkey or your a meth head, either way that's just messed up.
edit on 1-9-2011 by Nucleardoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Nah he's dead

if one of the greatest artists of all time were proven to be alive and well, wouldn't you have
the slightest desire to investigate it? I would.
To many people would have gone after this story from three years ago and found him by now.

I saw the Doors several times. In SF in 67, in San Jose in 68 and finally Chicago in 69. I think that by the time he died, he had gotten so far out in his writing that he had not only made himself unviable commercially, but he had also strained the tolerance of his fans. There was just so much more exploding around us at the time that following Morrison into whatever trance he was pursuing just wasn't worth it. For me at least.

Also I found reference to apocolptica/metallica in another reply. I was walking down the street in Alameda when that cd came out and heard it punching out of a music store. I bought it immediately. I've even got it on my iPad.

Good stuff.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

See.. I think they got stuck on a sound after schizm. After that album and single came out everything sounded similar. I guess that was the money sound. Things could kind of be seen going that way on aenima but still pretty orginal. The next album all seem like they found the formula and formulated all their later tracks from their own song, namely schizm. Like they said, people like this, this is what we need to sound like. Now you can hear a tool song from a mile away and though being distinct is good being predictable isnt.

In the cds prior each song had something new and good and interesting in it.
Just my opinion though.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

To each his own.
Those are actually two poor choices to represent my musical taste though.. actually here are two of my all time favorite bands (you wont like these either):

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

I kind of assume you are a metal fan though so likely wont dig it.

Oh and the greatest "punk" band of all time for good measure:
www.youtube.com...

NOW.. to be on topic.

Jim is dead. There is just no way someone with an ego and tastes as big as him could lead a quiet life. He would get far too bored. I know no one wants to hear it, but most people regarded him as an egomaniac and jerk.
A guy that dropped acid and tried to pull nico's hair out (in a castle somewhere i think??) isn't going to be able to lead the mundane life.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

So how about that Jim Morrison? (playing TOOL in the background)

Should a band sound like them self's or a different band every time? Also TOOL makes it a point to keep their sound and not let any influence interfere. You say they found their sound they have today, to make money. But I say they found their sound they have today, to be true to them self's. Why change a great thing?

But you know that Jim Morrison was a great musician. Did you hear some people think he might still be alive?

Edit to add: the album is Lateralus, not schism. Just for further reference bro!
edit on 1-9-2011 by fallow the light because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Nucleardoom

ROFL! Sorry, still have all my teeth.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Actually I'm not much of a "metal" fan. A few bands I do like are snot, incubus ,sublime, green jelly ,deftones, lennex ,dreadlock pussy ,skindread ,hed pe ,aperfectcircle ,mr bungle , old school (before mechanical animals) marylin manson ,white zombe ,red hot chilly peppers, old school cold chamber, isis and pink floyd.

Some of the bands I like are new metal or post metal but I don't like the normal metalica/pantera kind of metal.

I have also been listening to The civil wars lately. I don't usually like country/bluegrass but something about them I like.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join