It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is China Planning a Surprise Missile Attack?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by pcrobotwolf

power that's all they want

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorVeritas

Unfortunately.....I believe China may be out to get us. It is scarey......please read 2 dreams I posted on Aug. 20, 2011....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
China has less nukes than does Israel.

According to who?

Exactly.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Shamatt

Just pokin round in the dark with what I've been reading recently

Hasn't China been unloading US debt steadily and rapidly, lately?
Especially as strength of the US dollar has been declining world wide, possibly stepping down as the reserve currency.
China may not see that the US could realistically repay that debt without 'printing more money' as Greenspan said?

shifty shifty IMO

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
While it would be suicidal for China to execute a plan to attack the US, it is routine military drill to make such plans.

China would have such plans for every country they deem an adversay worth preparing for an attack from/against.

So why would a Chinese General reveal plans only about one such adversary and not others?

The only purpose would be to announce that they do have the capability to attack the US. After all, not every country can do that, announce a capability to attack the US. It is just another way of announcing that they believe themselves to be a world power and expect to be treated as such.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by bojimbo

Yeah, but that was after the shifty shifty of using brokers to purchase far more than they were leagally permitted to do so. Mst of what they do in the arena is shifty, I would read little into this other than business as usual.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I don't feel safe with this guy in charge

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atzil321
What the general said was probably misinterpreted in translation, then seized upon by
sensationalists such as Alex jones ect, sounds like nonsense to me.

No mistranslation here:
www.scmp.com...

"Xu Guangyu , a retired PLA general, said that if China could no longer keep secret its missile launches, it would not be able to launch a surprise attack on the US."
I am no longer amazed at the naivete some posters display when it concerns the nefarious activities of the PLA. They forget the thousands of Chinese citizens that were slaughtered by their own PLA. Or the millions of aborted female fetuses that are thrown away in the trash (males are needed for the PLA).
China does not need America no more than the Pharaoh needed money to pay the Hebrew slaves.
You think that Russia is a threat? Look at their Navy. It's nothing more than beached whales eroding on the shores of the Baltic, Caspian, and Black Seas.
Nuking America will gain them the world.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shamatt
What a twisted way to interpret a statement.

It is true. If the US has a spie on the ground, China can't plan an attack. What part of that statement even begins to imply that they are therefore, or already have planned one?

There would be no point. They would benkrupt themselves, they are the largest internation holder of US bonds, to the tune of BILLIONS!!!!!

So...... what if they did? The US defence systems and 'Star Wars' defence would knock them all out long before landfall. Then the Chinese defence system would knock out all the US misiiles, and it's back to good old fashioned fisty cuffs. Two grumpy super powers and the rest rest of the world getting on with it. Sound familiar?

Neither side as anti-missile systems that advanced, not yet anyway. I imagine it would be extremely hard to develop a system to defend against thousands of missiles coming your way

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Observor
While it would be suicidal for China to execute a plan to attack the US, it is routine military drill to make such plans.

China would have such plans for every country they deem an adversay worth preparing for an attack from/against.

So why would a Chinese General reveal plans only about one such adversary and not others?

The only purpose would be to announce that they do have the capability to attack the US. After all, not every country can do that, announce a capability to attack the US. It is just another way of announcing that they believe themselves to be a world power and expect to be treated as such.

Winner winner chicken dinner.

All this statement is is political posturing on the world stage.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoalPoster
Apparently, and thanks to your post, it is no longer a surprise.

And . . . it ain't gonna happen. If you had a grocery store and you were pretty much the only grocery store in town, would you poison all your customers.

They ain't gonna decimate their biggest market!!

Just what i was about to say.

I think the scaremongering starting out around the Chinese, is a hint that the 'war on terrorism' isn't working out to be as effective a 'new cold war' as hoped, so we need another, more credible enemy to frighten our children with...enter stage megalomaniac China, exit stage left ragtag terrorists.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Direct confrontation is an unlikely event givern the likelyhood of a thermo-nuclear exchange.
If china was to feel very musclar and ecconomic expansion was threatend it is more likely
that they would engauge in a teritorial war through asia, like the japanies co-prosperity sphere
of ww2. gaining access into resources and teritory, thats my bet if the world ecconomy
shatters. "building the chines empire" a new chines imperialism. the us would be unlikely to become
involved when it's in ecconomic diastraits, even if it means renegging on the ANZUS treaty and alike
withing asia. P.S Indonesia and China have struck a deal to produce medium range balistic
missile within indonesia.
we know where the indonesians stand

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
Well, if they do strike the US...does that mean we still owe them?

I'm pretty sure it would wipe the record clean, along with others things on the planets surface.

I wonder if this is the way the NWO wipes the slate clean and starts to rip the system off again. A continued source of cash flow and make money by selling arms to both sides in a war. The WORLD ORDER BANK in progress. A way to also depopulate the world at the same time and have less numbers of people to deal with to control. I'm sure that this would be a world event and all countries would get involved somehow. The scheme of things to come.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Also, you have to consider that what if, what if they state that it is a test and then all of a sudden they say, oops the test is gone bad and missles headed towards us, all of a sudden. Then, a submerged sub pops off the coast of california and shoots off missles that explode several missles of EMP'S at high altitudes for massive power outages that fry our electronics. Remember that china has popped up off the coast of CALI before with subs. They were spotted and then we lost them at sea. I think the u.s.a would not recover for a long time if that happened, only some of our military installations are able to repel such an effect of an EMP at high altitudes. Remember that we civillians are not able to repel from such an event. Immagine what that would do to our infastructure. TOTAL CHAOTIC DESINTEGRATION within, because of the problems with transportation, water and food.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Although there is a real possibility of China posing an offense...I think there is less of a chance that it might act upon it...and here is my opinion why:

Most of Chinas marketable funds are invested diversely...and the U.S. has a majority of that market (at least for the moment) so without stating the obvious....China needs us as much as we need them to carry out debt...security for China is laying in the same security this country is....we need money!

There is no conceivable way that China will cut off a national market in trade for land...and overcoming our military would put China too far behind to gain.

Just my two cents of course!

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
The Chinese nuclear arsenal does not possess the strategic capability to legitimately threaten the North American continent.

There is a similar thread running concurrently in another forum, please allow me to quote myself from there...

post by Drunkenparrot

Overlooking the obvious senselessness of armed conflict due to such minor considerations as trade interdependence and the post WWII preference for civilized diplomacy in lieu of military aggression....

While China unquestionably possesses the ability to force their will throughout their own geographical locale, China does not possess a credible strategic nuclear capability.

As pointed out by another poster, China has at most a couple of dozen delivery vehicles with the range and throw weight to threaten the U.S. mainland with a thermonuclear weapon.

Not only are China's DF-4 ICBM's incapable of the precision needed for a first strike against hardened targets, they are liquid fueled and require substantial preparation time to launch (unlike the U.S. Minutemen which are solid fueled and capable of near instantaneous launch from the time the order is received)

U.S. surveillance assets would be aware of any such PLA preparations well in advance and would in all likelihood take the appropriate preemptive measures.

China's SLBM capability is widely regarded as a paper tiger with at most 3 boats. Most western analysts believe that China has yet to sortie a single nuclear deterrence patrol, which considering the USN's unparalleled ASW capability is a smart decision.

China does not currently have a nuclear capable submarine launched cruise missile in its inventory.

As pointed out by other posters the U.S. has a well developed multi tier missile defense system in place and operational whose only real vulnerability is being overwhelmed in a saturation attack, which as stated above, is something the PLA does not have the resources to accomplish.

In a conventional role China does not have the ability to project their forces globally, they are very much a regional power and will remain so for the foreseeable future.

Compare that to the current U.S. strategic nuclear triad of 500 deployed single warhead Minuteman ICBM's, 14 Ohio class boomers each with 24 Trident MIRV SLBM's and the nuclear capable bomber force of nearly 100 B-52's and 19 B-2's.

As a conventional force the United States is unparalleled in the ability to rapidly project overwhelming force globally and has the critical advantage of nearly 20 years of constant operational experience.

The U.S. arms and munitions industries have been spooled up to provide the equipment and supplies necessary to support multiple theatres of operations for nearly a decade.

The U.S. has known and applied the lesson learned by Imperial Japan during the second world war regarding the necessity of stockpiling reserves of the raw materials needed to wage protracted total war.

None of this is my opinion on the matter, these are facts that I will gladly source if anyone so requests.

The entire pretext that "China Could Be Planning Surprise Missile Attack on United States" is silly and naive.

Sorry to the Agent U.S.A. haters and PLA fanboys in the crowd but these are the facts.China can not now, nor in the near future, expect any outcome to this scenario other than the complete and total devastation of both their military and industrial infrastructure.

edit on 4-9-2011 by Drunkenparrot because: sp

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by GoalPoster

I second that. They are the biggest foreign holder of our debt. They can and have much more impact on our gov with that leverage. Much more than could ever be gained by an attack. If they attacked then we would void the trillions we owe them. So I would say we have more to gain then they have.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Cool. A time travelling thread from the '60's.

China would no more attack America today, than a bank would shoot it's customers. Tough to get them to repay any debts that way.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
It sounds completely twisted. An interceptor will grab a missile if it is launched at THEM.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
that would be like the landlord bombing the building he owns and killing all the tenants

why ?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join