It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's done: bruised egos lead to the release of uncensored WikiLeaks cables

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Will there ever be any Wikileaks UFO cables? Ever? Seems like they just talked about to build up mystery and hype in the long run. I hope something comes of it eventually.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
None of this sounds good.

First, really unprofessional, as if the government would like to back their hands away from Assange.

I believe this is a government sting to attack other countries, as many do.

I think wikileaks is not as harmful as many have demonized it. I see no major changes in political views/world views

It didn't work

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Clever timing, should make the upcoming campaign seasons interesting.

Not named but shamed?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
How has this thread not exploded?!?!

Is this not HUGE News? Just caught climpse on the ticker at the bottom of local news channel that all US Cables wikileaks had possession of were released. I would have thought for sure this would have caused a huge stir in things. Looks like it only made a drop in the bucket of daily news... Anyways, so how much longer does Julian have? Any guesses on when it is we'll hear on the news that Mr. Assange body was found LOL? No but seriously, he's a walking dead man. I wonder if any politicians will face "justice" now that they've been openly blasted... probably not.

edit on 1-9-2011 by Nastradamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
i love how that disgruntled @ssh*le leaves basically saying that he didn't approve of the way julian was protecting informants, and then... LEADS TO THE RELEASE OF THE NAMES OF SAID INFORMANTS.

this reeks, my friends

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
[I very much doubt if anyone will ever trust the Guardian with anything like this again. Putting sensitive confidential info like this into a book (to be sold for profit) as about as unprofessional as it gets.

I'm completely dumbfounded that nobody involved in the creation of this book -- writer, editors, publishers, lawyers, publicists, etc. -- realized the ramifications of including the password in a published book. What the &#%く did they think was going to happen? It probably took most of us on ATS 30 seconds to comprehend the horrific ramifications of that. What is wrong with people?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Vandalour

Could I get a link to the file... so I can try this out

Check the Pirate Bay, 63 seeders at the moment.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Hi all

Wikileaks Archive using the passphrase obtained from several sources:

ACollectionOfDiplomaticHistorySince_1966_ToThe_PresentDay#

Unencrypted file:
cryptome.org...

bye

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Being a Mac user, I was able to search the entire contents fairly quickly for the term "UFO".

Screenshot of the pages with results is attached.

Some of these do not have UFO in them but only the occurrence of those letters in that order in another word. Some of them DO have UFO in the content, however.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/83f3b86cd782.jpg[/atsimg]

I'm still reading these to see if there's anything interesting. I will do some searches for other terms, feel free to suggest search keywords. (I have a full text index constructing of the entire release file which should be complete in 10 minutes or so thanks to Solid State Drives).

There is a release on pirate bay which is already decrypted and is completely clean of any malware, viruses, scripts, etc. Search for "Cablegate" or check the twitter account @Leaks or @HWLEAKS for direct links of the original source file. Be careful about downloading just any file on PB, people do re-package these and add malware, viruses, trojans, etc to them.
edit on 1-9-2011 by ecoparity because: added file info on PB release

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Nothing of interest in relation to the term "UFO" (other than perhaps a quote by a Japanese government official that he personally believes in them).

It looks like the classified cables were stripped out of this and if so, there's not going to be anything truly "amazing" in this release, IMO.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I have the original file and Aes Crypt....I tried opening i yesterday with no luck. Pretty sure I am doing it wrong....how exactly do you open it? I always have a copy of the original file so I don't screw it up. Any help?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Wiki who

Come on now, does it really matter. What did the last batch do? Nothing at all.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

It made for about three weeks of ATS fodder!

I think you're right though... I think the "shock and awe" of the first release wore off so quickly with such little impact that the general public will not give a hoot about what these cables say. The ol' frog in the boiling pot theory. The world has bigger problems than "who bad mouthed who" crap and nobody cares

Unless their is anything earth shattering in this current leak it should go away quickly. I'm talking Obama is a reptilian or Hiliary is a cyborg sent from an evil race of ugly feministic ETs.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
no actually the only thing the majority of the people in this world care about is that stupid printed paper. MONEY!! thats what screwing everyone over but no one gives a damn they'd rather be slaves than pitch a voice to say no more!

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by wongy
no actually the only thing the majority of the people in this world care about is that stupid printed paper. MONEY!! thats what screwing everyone over but no one gives a damn they'd rather be slaves than pitch a voice to say no more!

It sucks being a slave.

Liejunkie wishes there was another way,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

But unfortunately I live in the real world.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustinSee
I have the original file and Aes Crypt....I tried opening i yesterday with no luck. Pretty sure I am doing it wrong....how exactly do you open it? I always have a copy of the original file so I don't screw it up. Any help?

Did you try just opening it with Winrar or similar? If you get a password request put in CollectionOfDiplomaticHistorySince_1966_ToThe_PresentDay#

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Ive got to say, i`m not even attempting to get my hands on this stuff, this is the carrot. I think Jules is just teasing the "elite" by throwing a few crumbs from the loaf, he wouldn`t reveal everything , he`s got to have kept the secret stuff close to him, the secret stuff will be his REAL insurance, by the looks of half the comments, this stuff isnt very explosive, so, if i was in Jules` position, i wouldnt use THIS as my insurance, not when TPTB are involved. I`m guessing he`s keeping info on either, weather manipulation, pop-decrease, all the dirty stuff on the Bush admin , advanced tech such as "U.F.O" s bluebeam and "superior weapons", Info on the NWO, or information on Barrack Obama`s C.I.A past .... which may i just add.... if it was about Obama, may, i repeat >MAY< also include dirty details on the history of one kick ass spetsnaz blasting country smashing one man army we all love to hate -> Osama Bin Laden
but that would be CRAAAAAAAAAAAZY .... with the wacko`s on youtube showing you just how similar the two look, and Obama himself needs help to remember his childhood , that would be too weird ..... riiiiiiiiiight
well, it wouldnt surprise half of you, lets be honest, both the dudes had a shady past. But lets leave that at that. If assange was being serious with this thing, he wouldnt just put it on twitter like a teenage girl, if he`s got ground breaking info as "insurance" which i believe he will have by now, then the only way it will be released is if he`s "dead", and TPTB aren`t that stupid, he needs to be really really carefull, they are sneaky as fook, i think he just made a chess move with this one, he`s calling them out, and since no one knows what he`s got , i dont think any of us could say that was a good move or a bad one. He would be dead by now if this is all he had.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Well, the evidence may be nothing, but it can be interesting on its own. I guess I just downloaded the Cablegate...so I suppose I don't need to unlock the files? Strange, I didn't think I could use the password with winrar. I guess I will try that too.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by wongy

Word.

IMO this will only be an Earth shattering "big deal"...if "they, our shadowy over lords, make it a big deal. Should that happen, you know it's being spun to suit their purposes / ulterior motives.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
so is this the password?

ACollectionOfDiplomaticHistorySince_1966_ToThe_PresentDay#

i've had the original file since it was released sitting here waiting to see if it would ever surface.

the file name is insurance.aes256

u need to open it with aes cyrpt apparently.

password isn't correct so im assuming the one everyone else has is a fake.

i have the original and the password ACollectionOfDiplomaticHistorySince_1966_ToThe_PresentDay#
IS NOT CORRECT

also what a dumbass password if that is true.
edit on 1-9-2011 by rayuki because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-9-2011 by rayuki because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join