It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm sick of modern life.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Rhebefree

I agree. But no one, including myself has done anything to change our current situation. If revolution is needed then why has it been ignored? If you perpetuate the problem by doing nothing I would consider it more the fault of the slave than the ones who have enslaved him. We can whine and moan in blogs and forums all we want but if we are not willing to hit the off button and pick up a gun and unite then who's fault is that? Sure fear plays a part but blame cannot solely fall on an emotion, man is capable of controlling emotions. So what is left?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   

There is more I could say...as I grow older, this life grows stranger, lonlier...I don't know where it will take me. But is this really that different from what anyone else experiences?

edit on 9/1/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

Your words ring strangely true with me my friend, I can absolutely relate. I find myself now located in a strange land under even stranger circumstances but that's where life led me because I DO NOT FEAR what comes next, we go where we go and do what we do because that is how it is.

OP - one of the more interesting threads I have seen in some time, hats off to you mate.

edit on 1-9-2011 by buskey because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by toxicblud

True, but I think there has been and continues to be people who attempt to change things, but the voice of the media drowns them out and or their movement is infiltrated and destroyed by those with better resources. And I think many of us here on ATS will stand and fight when the time is right, whats needed is a catalyst, remember our enemy has far greater resources is more centralised and has held all the cards for centuries, something needs to happen to tip the balance so the playing field is even. You cant expect ordinary people to jump up from their desks and rush out the door guns blazing! That would hinder the truth movement, no whats needed is for something to strike a blow to TPTB that would give us a bit of momentum and unity, something that would force the ordinary man out of his comfort zone and cause him to ask himself whats worth fighting for? Whats worth standing for?
I think that is the time when you will see a revolution.
People dont take action when they are comftable, TPTB arent stupid- evil but not stupid.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
When I was a young man, I decided that I wanted to travel and see the world, but have someone else pay for it.

I chose a career in archaeology. Being an academic used to mean traveling to a lot of conferences, and study in the field.

I eventually wandered away into more lucrative work in business, but kept the travel. My language skills and comfort while living alone in an alien culture meant that I could be trusted to represent the company as "our man in Rio," etc.

The thing is, academia the way I wanted absolutely cannot mix with military. If you have any military background at all, foreign governments assume that you are an undercover operative of the CIA, etc. You wont be allowed to travel through remote parts of most of the world if you might be CIA.

And not without reason by the way. I was approached several times by the us govt because I can read technical maps, do topographic survey, speak languages the state department needs, and have long-term friendships and (and now business) in a world hot-spot.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I know of what you speak.The thing to do is to dedicate yourself to a way of life that is the best expression of who and what you REALLY ARE,and only YOU can figure that out.Get to know yourself,and then you can read other people and situations better.You will have a rough life if you go against the grain,but you will be able to look in the mirror,and like what you see.Try to find ways of getting what you need that dont involve cash.Youll be a trendsetter,America is becoming a cashless society.Pretty soon,noone will have any cash,EVERYONE will be broke,and then and only then will we all see who is who.Without a cushion of cash to elevate them ,the wealthy are going to fall hardest,and fastest.Never forget that worms have a way of turning,and that what goes around has a way of coming around.BAHGOOFUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I have felt the same for a few years now, we are not born free anymore despite how much freedom we are told or think we have, it's just an illusion and the realization that living the illusion is the only real choice we have is rather quite depressing!

I have always said from a young age I was born in the wrong time period! I seriously have a hard time with this one and everything it entails including people! .... it's a strange one!!!

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by BirdOfillOmen

They probably feed you gruel in the military, and the commander probably bullies people!
(A girl who watched too much anime)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

I disagree, all that is needed for revolution is courage. For a man to have the courage to ignite such an insurgency and not follow through when he knows well the price of remaining quiet he only perpetuates the realm of complacency. Comfort is not a crutch when it is constantly stolen from beneath you.....and yet you do nothing?? Again I ask you, what is left to argue??

Complacency should not be mistaken for comfort.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by toxicblud

I cannot answer this post on behalf of everyone here, but I can say for myself that I am far from complacent. You think I can hear the reports of starving and abused children and not get angry? You think I can read about the toxins they pump into everything we need to live and not feel rage? You think I can sit here and be ok with the way humanity has been tricked, dehuminised and (almost) conquered and not feel an ounce of desperation/urgancy that I have to do something? Of course not! Im angry, Im p##### and when my daughter starts school I will be free to study journalism so that I have the necessary tools to fight the opressors the only way I am able to. But I will not try and find a gun on the black market, build a homemade bomb incite other ATS's to join me in inciting a riot then rush out the door waving said gun around screaming revolution, that will do nothing to free abused and starving children nor the overworked and under nourished people of my country, the only way that form of action could work is if there were a catalyst that would rock not only ATS's but everybody else to their core, and really force them to see things the way they are..... In the mean time I will prepare, I will write, I will study and I will shine a light on the dark places and uncover their acts. That is all any of us can do at this point.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

I cannot provide facts to back my argument any more than you can. These are simply my opinions concerning the matter of revolution. I respect your points and its good that someone still has a fire in them. I hope you the best in your life, don't back down.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by BirdOfillOmen

I hate the modern life too, but the sad fact it is what we chose. We chose this, not the government or anyone else. We chose our presidents, our way of life, our everything.

It may seem crappy, but it is what it is and we best make the best of a bad situation (80 years is not a lot of time to live. You need to enjoy it).

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by BirdOfillOmen
reply to post by Gravity215

If I was digging that ditch for purely my own benefit...

You'd be a rare breed today. I have to do a lot of manual labor due to financial reasons. Id much rather have a tractor to do that kind of work ;p

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by BirdOfillOmen
I want to travel and experience other parts of the world but gas is simply too expensive.

I want to earn a living as a musician but its becoming almost impossible these days.

/rant
edit on 9/1/2011 by BirdOfillOmen because: (no reason given)

There is no good reason that gas has gotten so expensive and our vehicles are not more efficient than they are... Unless TPTB want to discourage us from traveling...

Sunday drives have become a thing of the past. And that doesn't make sense because nothing was better for our national economy than spending money every weekend on things you didn't really need in places you wouldn't normally go.

So TPTB want us to stay in one place so that what? they can keep an eye on us? So we will be used to staying in place when the proverbial expletive-deleted hits the fan? I don't know. I'm missing some of the puzzle pieces.

When did driving become a chore instead of a guilty pleasure? (Not sure but I'd guess sometime around 1984. Coincidence? I think not... lol...)

On a side note... for the music thing... you could save up and get some quality recording/mixing gear and then mimic this guy and his buddy I saw on you-tube that put their music out there for free... and then had a free member website on the side for free downloads... and all they asked was if you liked their music to donate a dollar... Don't know how much they made off of the millions (that's right plural) of members but it must've been a lot because both of them graduated from Yale this year. And I don't even prefer their style of music or the bands they covered. But I gave them mad props for quality.

(didn't want to name-names but if you want a web-link holla at me on ATS u2u email...)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join