It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm not sure how I feel about Chemtrails. But I took some cool pics!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
These pictures were taken this past weekend around 9am. You can see the mountains... so I was nowhere near an airport. I was stopped at a light and glanced up and saw the patterns.
I really don't know how I feel about the ideas behind chemtrails. Sometimes I think it's ridiculous, other times I think there is some validity as to the weather control.

i1133.photobucket.com...

i1133.photobucket.com...

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
i feel sorta like you but i more believe that they are chemtrails i just dont know what they are for, could be many things

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by PassedKarma

Its a known fact governments sprayed all kinds of nastiness over the populations in the past. So it does kinda make me think...why would they stop now??

I think a lot of people do mistake contrails for chemtrails though. I dont think its on the scale people believe.

cimss.ssec.wisc.edu...

I doubt very much commercial jet liners are spraying chemicals. What would be the point? Wouldnt you notice the nozzles when you got on the plane....i sure havent and i have flown MANY times, not one seen anything untoward poking out the side of the jet.

edit on 31-8-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
cloud seeding has been proven beyond a reasonable doubt.
IMO, chemtrails are the conspiracy theory put out to distract and discredit the truth.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Barium, Aluminum, and Strontium. Mostly Oxidized Aluminum though...

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

I go further than this and say that Chemtrails are contrails and the actual fact is the chemicals are put into the Jet fuel.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Wow! I hit refresh and saw all of this! And now I still don't know what to think. I think I lean towards the cloud seeding... although I don't doubt that we have been sprayed and who knows what else with who knows WHAT for years. It was totally sunny that morning. Then I noticed the trails. Then it was hazy I guess is a good word for a good 4 hours after. I meant to get a picture of the hazy sky later that afternoon, but I was really busy and forgot about it.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

The same fuel that the ground support machines use?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

I doubt that.....fuel is expensive enough without adding stuff that would mess the engines up.

You put aluminium oxide through a jet engine and it will fail...it will ruin the moving parts as its an abrasive.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by PassedKarma
These pictures were taken this past weekend around 9am. You can see the mountains... so I was nowhere near an airport. I was stopped at a light and glanced up and saw the patterns.
I really don't know how I feel about the ideas behind chemtrails. Sometimes I think it's ridiculous, other times I think there is some validity as to the weather control.

i1133.photobucket.com...

i1133.photobucket.com...

Maybe you should look at this
Cloud control: Giant lasers fired into the sky could be used to create rainfall
www.dailymail.co.uk...

That just came out today so who knows what they have in black ops.

Sorry I am still on the fence about this issue, but when I was still at the University every Sunday I felt like there was a cage of "trails" over campus that lasted over an hour.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

It's called cloud seeding for a reason, you fly into a specific cloud that might start to precipitate with a light aircraft carrying flares and give it a helping hand.

What you photographed is at high altitude, ~30,000 feet, which is the cruising altitude for most commercial aircraft, which also explains why you don't need to be near an airport to see contrails, in fact the only time you'll see persistent contrails near an airport will be from planes not landing or taking off, but from ones flying overhead to somewhere else.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
For colder climate a fuel called JP8 is used

JP-8 consists of a complex mixture of hydrocarbons, including polyaromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) and benzene, a known carcinogen. Its low freezing point means it can be used in all climates.

The military plans to universally use the JP-8 fuel until at least 2025 in everything from jets to trucks to camp stoves and it is estimated that 60 billion gallons are used worldwide each year. Most military and commercial jets use JP-8, but concerns about its health risks have mounted since it was introduced to U.S. airbases in the 1990s after trials in Britain in the 1980s.. The Air Force was the first service to use JP-8 and airmen began noticing health problems soon after

en.wikipedia.org...

This is what i think people mistake for chemtrails.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
All I know is that Sunday night, right after hurricane Irene was over, the sky is as clear as I remember back in the 70 & 80s! I even saw really dim stars, I felt like I was in a planetarium, or the Arizona desert, it was amazing.

I knew it would be too, because the hurricane blew away all the crap floating around up there, and sure enough it did. Whatever you want to believe chemtrails are comprised of, the fact remains that there is a layer of bs up there all the time now.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy

Its a known fact governments sprayed all kinds of nastiness over the populations in the past. So it does kinda make me think...why would they stop now??

They stopped decades ago, so a more relevant question would be why wold they START now, and what is it they would be spraynig??

the stuff they sprayed back in the 50's, 60's & maybe 70's was designed to be detectable - they were seeing how far stuff could spread to guage the effects of attacks on civilian popuulations - bot hfor defensive purposes, and to see how they might work against enemy populations. So they used specific bacteria & chemicals that were thought to be harmless, but they could detect them in the environment.

If they are spraying anything these days no-one has actually been able to detect it.

OP - whereabout is this? it is possible to look at air traffic over hte last several days & see if any flights would match the patterns shown.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Where did that 2nd quote/extract come from - it's not on the wiki page??

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Its kinda understandable considering the amount of daily flights compared to say 20 years ago.

Nowadays theres something like 90,000 flights per day worldwide...and thats commercial jet liners. Add all the microlights, and small private aircraft...helicopter etc your looking at 100,000+ per day.

Flights have become VERY cheap compared to say 20 years ago. Dozens of new carriers have emerged to take a slice of the pie.

More flights...more contrails...more chemicals in the atmosphere.

Some people are more susceptible to these chemicals. A friend of mine lives at the end of Stansted airport, if i stand outside for longer than say...20 minutes i will feel ill. This is because of the fumes the planes produce, you can smell it in the air all day. Planes are literally 50ft above his house when they come in to land.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

I'm weird about my online identity... but ok. It's in Morrison Colorado. I was headed to Evergreen, CO.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

Where did that 2nd quote/extract come from - it's not on the wiki page??

Sorry that didnt come from wiki...it came from another site...il try and find it again and post the link

www.rense.com...

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

k - thanks for that. Unfortunately no-one is linked to Flight Tracker near there so they do't have any info from your area & time frame. (Flight Tracker is a web based service that gets info from enthusiasts operating ADS-B receivers all around the world)

Flight Aware covers the area & shows a heap of a/c flying across Co & you right now - but doesn't have a historic function AFAIK - ie yuo can't check who it was last weekend :/

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Your photo:

Reminds me of a photo from 1972, from the book "Clouds of the World".

Source:
picasaweb.google.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join