reply to post by sir_slide
Firstly i think rap music is the worst possible music or musical style anyone could ever use as a role model and here's why:-
1. if they are so talented in rapping or rather imaginative use and appliance of English language, why do all rappers either flunk school or never
attended school, yet if they realized their true talent in English they'd have a respectable and credible career?
2. rappers only incite hate and separatism on their own will, no-one else's and blame everybody but themselves for their hardships?
3. rap glamorizes crime, it's profits and proceed's to crime, we daren't say a word cos' we'dbe racist otherwise yet they can use profane word's such
as n***r, but if a white person were to use, reference it they would face charges of racism.
4. they make it look like their hard done by, maybe they should look at their (likely) criminally minded parents who were non-achievers and took to
crime to feed their family (i wanna be like my awesome daddy!). Yes once upon a time, afro-caribeans were treated poorly and unjust and rightly so
fought to change their future,rights,prospects, and entitlements, but not today , they have the world in their palms, at least in the UK.
5. the mainstream media and music industry probably wants to turn their back on rap, but don't in fear of racist claims, why did rap get so big in the
first place? it's not about black or white here, it's about whats good and bad. but the music industry will focus on anything that'll make big bucks,
today it's rap, hey let's bring up my child on music that'll give my kid a sound knowledge of :- how to not goto school, hate authority, murder the
friend who pinched a fag off you, rape the girl you wished you could go out with, whilst drugging her at the same time, make good money in drugs (who
needs school?) , look daddy i can fire a gun like you!, "kid you ain't hard till you done time son, wanna be a hardman, you know what to do son.", why
get car finance when you can carjack a merc like your rap idol does, daddy when i grow up i'm gonna be a rapper so i can be rich, dangerous, goto
prison, have "respect" and afford a house with loadsa private security so i can do drugs with my hommies.
AND YOU LET YOUR KIDS LISTEN TO THIS #? time to wake up and smell the coffee America and UK, it isnt racist to say a music style is so bad a influence
that we now have a whole generation of outright bloody dangerous and violent kids roaming our streets ready to kill an innocent person for a haribo
sweet?, that will not work for love nor money, cos all they know is crime pays! and there favourite music style teaches exactly that!
I'VE SAID MY PIECE, IT'S TRUE, IT'S NOT RACIST AND YOU WONDER WHY THE U.S AND U.K ECONOMIES HAVE TAKEN A SKYDDIVE?
i forgot to mention that most if not all those who like or produce rap know absolutely nothing about music and music theory and have never attempted
to learn an instruement yet call them-self a music artist? ifyou failed music in school would you try to make a career out of it? this explains their
wildly warped mentality if you ask me.
edit on 1-9-2011 by technologicalsingularity because: i forgot something....