It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wood you buy this Cheap I-pad - only $180

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Only in America folks

a lady was approached at a South Carolina mcdonalds by 2 blokes who offered her a cheap i-pad for $280

she only had $180 so they sold it to her, brand new, still in the box.

apparently had some apps installed like 'plane me', 'saw', 'box maker', and 'tree smasher lite', as well as some angry birds

for the punch line see the full article

www.smh.com.au...

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Highlander64

You have your link posted September 1, 2011 - 7:35AM....I have mine posted much earlier Aug 30, 2011 3:35 PM:
gawker.com...

Anywho. That will tell you how Americans think about it. There are stupid people in every country. No shame, but they learn their lessons quick.

Cheers!

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
my apologies - I did a search and could find a thread on this - the time of my article is Aussie time

its amazing what you can 'ply' on the US market

edit on 31-8-2011 by Highlander64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

No no no. I wasn't criticizing the thread. I don't think this has been posted yet. I was commenting on the news source. The dates between your link and mine are crazy wide.

Anyways, you will get this in any country. I just feel bad for the poor sap who didn't open the box first!

And I cannot believe these scam-artists went to all that trouble to decorate a block of wood...

edit-Even if we knocked 24 hours off your source, it is still almost a full day between sources. I don't want to do the math
It seems like these site aren't well known here. I should start being more quite about them and post from before others

edit on 31-8-2011 by adraves because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Serves her right for buying electronics in a fast-food parking lot.

But seriously, that's the most ghetto iPad I have ever seen. Poor girl, I would be fuming!

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
This is an old slight of hand trick (no Cod jokes PLEASE!) I'vbe seen this done with mobile phones where the seller shows the phone and puts it away in the box and switches to an empty box with some kind of weight inside so it feels the same at the last second, It takes practice and skill to get this so it works perfectly, but these people make a lot of money from this. Because most people assume the goods are stolen (as well as embarrassment) they usually don't come forward to police.

Not a bad living if they can sell a few of these a day. That wooden ipad is just such a piss take though, that's obviously to weight the box but the decoration imo is just to taunt their victim, adding insult to injury, They do look very funny though!

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by andriod

Its the 'green' version

Made from all natural materials, powered my love!

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by clintdelicious
reply to post by andriod

Its the 'green' version

Made from all natural materials, powered my love!

green ipad 2nd generation from the apple, which doesnt fall far from the tree...
you wont want to 'leave' without one
with the new intel 5 ply processor, and solid hard drive,

available at woodstock stores

branches everywhere

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Don't you mean 'leaf' without one? Solid Hard Wood!

I love bad jokes, they are the best coz the worse they are the better! hahaha

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by clintdelicious

of course!

the environmental benefits of this ipad are endless - when you are finished with it you can use it as a serving tray, repalce that loose shingle on your roof, build a mouse trap out of it, patch your canoe, slap along on your favourite lumberjack i-tunes.......

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Highlander64
reply to post by clintdelicious

...slap along on your favourite lumberjack i-tunes.......

That made me laugh.

But it's her fault for bark-ing up the wrong tree.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I find it despicable jokes are being made about a woman who was basically a victim of an evil crime.

This womans life will be in ruins and yet people mock,my heart is heavier today than it should have been.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
It's kind of hard to feel sympathy in a case like this. Who buys expensive electronics in a fast-food parking lot and not from a trusted sales rep? The girl walked into her own predicament by accepting an offer like this in the first place. This kind of situation would have alarm bells ringing for me. If it wasn't a fake piece of merchandise, it would be a stolen item that these guys would be selling.

top topics

join