It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questions About Pre Human Atomic War,Before Our Recorded Timeline,First Inhabitants Etc.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
You might find the Mahabharata interesting, there are many sites on the net. Here is a link to an article that gives a reasonably simple explanation of a very broad and fascinating epic:

www.wmblake.com...

But Mahabharata is not a random collection of tales, like the Medieval gestes (to further prove the habit of thinking Eurocentrically). Every digressive bit of the Mahabharata is there to shed light on a central story. The core event of that story is the great battle that was fought on the field of Kurukshetra between the five sons of King Pandu and their allies on the one side and the hundred sons of King Dhritarashtra, with their allies, on the other side. The battle was the culmination of a long history of struggle and diplomatic maneuvering, and it involved virtually every tribal king and every powerful city-state in Central and Northern India at the time.

It was a tragic war, that pitted brothers against brothers, sons against fathers and uncles, brave noble men against brave noble men. And it was devastating. Nearly all of the best men died in the long battle. The Pandavas, the sons of King Pandu, survived, but there was no victory, for the war had destroyed the world that they knew, and the emptiness of what they had won colored the rest of their lives.

I've loved this since I first came across it. It was made into a television series but, endearing as that was, it probably won't appeal to many Westerners with a more sophisticated taste.

Try this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Whilst I'm here I'll say a quick 'thank you' to members who have posted links to some very interesting sites. Reading through some of them will keep me quiet for a while

edit on 1-9-2011 by berenike because: edit to add quote and link

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Zealandia (continent) en.wikipedia.org...
Lemuria (continent) en.wikipedia.org...
Mu (lost continent) en.wikipedia.org...

there is evidence and legend that there have been several continents that of the ages have sunken and dissipated from history with nothing but legends and underwater structures to keep their stories alive.
mankind is without a doubt much older than we think it is. hopefully someday we can become advanced enough to explore these areas of the planet and get a better picture of what has transpired here on our planet over millenniums. we are just fragments, refugees of lost and possibly advanced societies.
that's my take on it. cheers

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I find it utterly amazing that huge numbers of people accept what religion tells us eg God built the earth in 7 days, Jesus and a number of others physically quietly rose up into heaven and angels exist, yet many of those same people would not acccept that man either existed or had any accomplishments - good and bad - before 3500 BC.

I did see on the tv that there were specific reasons why dinosaurs grew so huge and I think it was not only due to abundant food but also something to do with earth's atmosphere. Life on earth appears over a long period of time to have gone from literally single cell to huge creatures and plants etc and then slowly as the atmosphere changed and various disasters occurred the plant and animal life got smaller. This would offer a possible explanation about how giants evolved. Who knows, great food for thought especially when one thinks of the size of the stones engineered at places like Balbek and that man survived the fericious array of pre historic animals

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Lynda101

religion is the wool that has been pulled over our eyes to blind us from the truth. the less we know about our ancient history, the less we question the current tyranny.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I've slowly come to the belief that there have been many civilizations, some highly advanced, that have risen and fallen over the course of hundreds of thousands of years. There was one before ours (Atlantis or whatever you choose to call it). There was one before that one...and then one before that one...and then one before that one...and so forth. The majority of the evidence that has survived, however, usually points to the most recent one.

Some will say that Man wasn't evolved enough to be that advanced hundreds of thousands of years ago. But, whoever said it was Man?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join