It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul On The Alex Jones Show 8/31

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
##snip##

This was a pretty good interview with Dr. Paul.

Dr Paul was recently interviewed on NPR and the interview was well done, much to NPR's credit. Alex Jones' audience is already pretty savvy to the "men behind the curtain" but perhaps the NPR crowd is not quite so conspiratorially oriented so I was happy to hear a well done interview. I'll find it and post it

Here it is. Share with all NPR loving friends...

edit on 31-8-2011 by robyn because: addtion

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

I'm pretty sure it is scientific fact that Alex Jones makes people dumber.

Putting aside your attacks on AJ and RP, you also call anyone that listens to Alex "dumb", therefore attacking anyone that listened to the clip, or has watched any of his shows.

We are still awaiting anything resembling subject matter apropos this thread from you.

/TOA

I have been talking about Ron Paul and Alex Jones in everyone of my posts.

You on the otherhand...are talking about me

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

reply to post by EmVeeFF

I already explained that...I think Alex Jones is CRAZY. Do you think ATS is CRAZY???

As a politician...your associations matter. So the fact that he chooses to associate with Alex Jones...and worse yet, that Alex Jones AGREES with Ron Paul...says a lot about Ron Paul. And in MY opinion...it is all negative.

So, your stance is that opposition to unnecessary and legally ambiguous wars are negative? Economic prosperity is negative? Ending the war on drugs is negative? Killing the Patriot Act is negative? Ending the Federal Reserve's slavery of our country is negative? Freedom and liberty are negative?

Blessed be your Lord and Savior Obama, for you are truly His disciple.

/TOA

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by airjoker88
@splitinfinity

Despite consistently at the top in National Polls against Obama.
edit on 31-8-2011 by airjoker88 because: (no reason given)

I am an INDEPENDENT...and have no love of either of the two big parties. Polls are a funny thing. You see most people who are of a Moderate Mentality....the MAJORITY OF AMERICANS...are not inclined to even continue a conversation by telephone or one initiated by a person in the Mall or outside any building that has many people entering and exiting....because these people actually...HAVE A LIFE....and are busy....and could care less about....or have the time to...spent 5 or 10 minutes answering questions about a political candidate or which one would they vote for.

This leaves the rest...and by logic...the ones that do answer....beholden or smitten with an issue that they believe...THIER CANDIDATE....is the best thing since sliced bread....by the way....I like to slice bread myself....so the poll is corrupted in it's accuracy.

The one thing that a Moderate or Independent voter will take the time for is....A REAL LEADER....and folks....we haven't had one of those in office for a LONG TIME. Split Infinity

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

My stance is that I live in the real world.

Alex Jones and Ron Paul don't appear to...their approach and solutions to the issues you stated are not realistic.

Sorry...that is just the way it is.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Alex Jones and Ron Paul don't appear to...their approach and solutions to the issues you stated are not realistic.

Typical broad anti-Ron Paul garbage. :shk:

Tell me what's realistic about spending trillions of dollars in wars all over the globe? What's realistic about throwing people into prison for smoking a plant that is physically incapable of killing people? What's realistic about presidents continuing to widdle away at the Constitution and American citizens rights? What's realistic about a private bank running the show?

Can you explain how any of those things are realistic? How are those the better option? Explain in detail how continuing to do all of the above things is the better approch, but not just some incrediblly vague and ignorant response like: "Uh, he's wrong. Don't you get it? He's on The Alex Jones Show, he's unrealistic, crazy, and wrong."
edit on 31-8-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Then bring an alternative solution to the table instead of, "He's crazy." Do you have a better solution to, say, ending the perpetual wars in the Middle East? Come on, just that one thing. What is a better solution to ending the wars in the Middle East than Dr. Paul's stance of...well...ending them?

/TOA

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Want to solve the ECONOMIC PROBLEM? We need a leader who will support and help rebuild the sector of emplyment that supplies jobs for over 80% of AMERICANS....SMALL BUISNESS!

Neither party has done ANYTHING to help this sector. Republicans pump money to large corps. Democrats pump money to Federal and State Emplyees and Union based employment. THIS HELPS LESS THAN 20% OF ALL EMPLOYED PEOPLE IN THE UNITED STATES!

Small Buisness is the ECONOMIC BACKBONE OF THIS COUNTRY! AND BOTH SIDES DO....NOTHING!

Take a drive down any Main Street in any town in this country. You will see empty store fronts....and buisnesses that have survived multiple recessions if not DEPRESSIONS....are CLOSED! THIS is the one real indicator of what the condition of the economy is in....not the Stock Market....not how many new jobs were created by hiring new State and federal Employees.

People....we are in a LOT OF TROUBLE! Split Infinity

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

Tell me what's realistic about spending trillions of dollars in wars all over the globe? What's realistic about throwing people into prison for smoking a plant that is physically incapable of killing people? What's realistic about presidents continuing to widdle away at the Constitution and American citizens rights? What's realistic about a private bank running the show?

Can you explain how any of those things are realistic?

Well, exluding "What's realistic about presidents continuing to widdle away at the Constitution and American citizens rights?"( you will have to show some proof on that one), they are all currently happening all over the world EVERY SINGLE DAY. See...I live in the real world...these are all REALITY.

And here is the issue with Ron Paul and Alex Jones...their solutions to these problems are over-simplistic and NOT realistic.

On the "War" issue...Ron Paul's solution (in his rhetoric)...immediately stop all wars. In reality, that can't happen...it would leave a void that would create a very unstable world. It can't be done...Ron Paul knows it...he just won't publicly say it.

On the "Drug" issue...Ron Paul's solution...legalize all drugs. Again...unrealistic and creates an unstable situation.

On the "Bank" issue...Ron Paul is about "free market"...but then contradicts himself by wanting to control banks

How are those the better option? Explain in detail how continuing to do all of the above things is the better approch, not just some incrediblly vague and ignorant response like: "Uh, he's wrong. Don't you get it? He's on The Alex Jones Show, he's unrealistic, crazy, and wrong."

Specific enough for you?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Wait a minute, Ron Paul is running a campaign for president of America, why is it crazy for him to attended an interview where he could potentially generate more support? If I was running for president, I'll take any interview I could get and this is exactly what Ron Paul is doing, perhaps he might be viewed as crazy if he does nothing but Alex Jones interviews but he goes everywhere, even toe-to-toe with O'Reilly and Hannity (possibly the most anti-Paul you could get.

I'm not a fan of Alex Jones myself but I do recognize when I see one and as a Ron Paul supporter, I am open to him reaching out to Alex Jones supporters(he does have a lot). I do not personally endorse if Ron Paul and Alex Jones have a strong connection and share the same views on everything. People say Ron Paul is extreme, what does that make Alex?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SnakeShot

I hope you can read this before it is censored, but I don't think your post and mine, warrented removal.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Ok.... so my last post was removed because I said- "can we just start calling him "President Paul""?

The moderator said it was "way off topic", which it was a bit but really?

So hears my contribution for being completely "on topic"....

Thanks for posting this interview for people that haven't heard it.
I listened to it today and it was a good interview.
Wether people think Alex Jones is crazy or not... alot of people would dissagree, such as Ron Paul, and I for
one am really glad they're getting the truth out there!
And yes... RP has his limits... but you can't go throwing stuff out there that sounds crazy to the sheeple if you want to get elected.
edit on 31-8-2011 by SnakeShot because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by simone50m

Nor did I think it warranted removal which is a bit odd. I didn't see your original reply.
But I guess since you replied to my "way off topic" post, that put you in the same boat.
I guess this response to you is off topic too as most peoples responses are.... bias moderator maybe?
Am I going to get stars taken away for being a bad boy now?
edit on 31-8-2011 by SnakeShot because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

On war, there is a peaceful solution, albeit not 100% peaceful but there is a MUCH better solution than the one we're offering.

War is perpetual no matter how you spin it, SOMEBODY has to stop it and face humiliation and Ron Paul knows this. This system of hate and militarism is much too complex to remove slowly that is why it is has to be fast and painful, weed out the evil by its root.

Ron Paul doesn't want to legalize drugs, he wants to restore personal liberties (damn how many times have I had to say this?) It is up to the states to decide, not Ron Paul (that would be against what he is fighting for in the first place).

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

That is the thing about Ron Paul haters, they have no alternative solution but to keep whining that it isn't realistic because NOTHING is realistic to them, only what the world they live in (which is the one we would like fixed). Ron Paul haters think Ron Paul supporters live in fantasy land where we elect a good honest president and he does what he says but that is the kind of stuff that SCARES them, it takes them away from THEIR FANTASY (whatever it may be).

Outkast couldn't even understand the simple fact that Ron Paul is a campaigning politician and that interviewing and drawing support support is part of the process of a a presidential campaign. If you can't grasp this simple logic, what are you doing talking about realism!?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Well, exluding "What's realistic about presidents continuing to widdle away at the Constitution and American citizens rights?"( you will have to show some proof on that one)
Are you joking? The Patriot Act? TSA? Guantanamo Bay? Obama giving the finger to Congress and fighting an undeclared war in Libya? 10th Amendment violations? 4th amendment violations? 8th amendment violations?

they are all currently happening all over the world EVERY SINGLE DAY. See...I live in the real world...these are all REALITY.
Yes we all live in the real world. Every person who has access to a computer is living in the real world. Things that happen in the real world are a part of reality, what is your point?

"Happening all over the world", ever heard of New World Order? So because governments are becoming increasingly oppressive against the people worldwide, it's OK? Tyrannical governments are just a fad? :shk:

On the "War" issue...Ron Paul's solution (in his rhetoric)...immediately stop all wars. In reality, that can't happen...it would leave a void that would create a very unstable world. It can't be done...Ron Paul knows it...he just won't publicly say it.
"unstable world", more vague rhetoric on your part. "It can't be done", the typical approach that's taken when people who oppose Ron Paul can't intelligently counter his positions on issues.

It can be done, and it should be done. We don't have any money to pay for these trillion dollar wars. You know what creates an unstable world? Overthrowing governments around the world, bombing countries, invading countries, fighting wars for decades and never living in peace, and serving corporate interests through our non-stop wars that the people are brainwashed into supporting through "terrorist" propaganda.

"More terrorists killed Americans today", terrorists? If the Chinese started bombing your city, killed a family member of yours and lots of your friends, would you just sit back and say "It's for the best"? Hell no! Americans wouldn't just let their country be invaded, they would fight back, and that's exactly what these so called "terrorists" are doing in the Middle East, Iraq especially. America and our military are the terrorists.

America isn't the empire of the world, sovereign nations govern themselves, we don't need 761 military bases scattered around the globe in around 150 countries. Supporting that is not only unrealistic but pure patriotic/militaristic insanity.

At the height of the Roman Empire, the Romans had an estimated 37 major military bases scattered around their dominions. At the height of the British Empire, the British had 36 of them planetwide. Depending on just who you listen to and how you count, we have hundreds of bases. According to Pentagon records, in fact, there are 761 active military "sites" abroad.

On the "Drug" issue...Ron Paul's solution...legalize all drugs. Again...unrealistic and creates an unstable situation.
Again, vague rhetoric on your part. I asked for a detailed explanation, you're giving me broad answers. It's better to jail hundreds of thousands of people each year for possessing drugs? Let me tell you what's unrealistic, having alcohol and tobacco legal when they kill over half a million Americans in a single year when all illegal drugs combined only kill 18,000 people annually, the green goblin killing zero people in human history. That's what's unrealistic.

We don't need laws to tell us that crystal meth is bad, why not take a tiny, tiny fraction of what taxpayers spend funding the drug war and instead educate the public on the dangers of drugs? (Alcohol and tobacco included)

The only thing that ending the Drug War would destabilize is the profits that the Drug Cartels take in.

On the "Bank" issue...Ron Paul is about "free market"...but then contradicts himself by wanting to control banks
So instead of the government controlling private banks, private banks should control the government? Also, can you find me an example of Ron Paul saying he wants to "control banks"?

Specific enough for you?
Those were not even remotely close to specific.
edit on 31-8-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente

On war, there is a peaceful solution, albeit not 100% peaceful but there is a MUCH better solution than the one we're offering.

War is perpetual no matter how you spin it, SOMEBODY has to stop it and face humiliation and Ron Paul knows this. This system of hate and militarism is much too complex to remove slowly that is why it is has to be fast and painful, weed out the evil by its root.

Ron Paul doesn't want to legalize drugs, he wants to restore personal liberties (damn how many times have I had to say this?) It is up to the states to decide, not Ron Paul (that would be against what he is fighting for in the first place).

I am all for restoring personal liberties but to think that we can....the U.S....stop being a Military Superpower....although Defense Spending reform...should be high on the list....and just become an ISOLATIONIST STATE....well....that ain't NEVER GONNA HAPPEN! Nor should it.

A person can say what they want about the evils of war but a person also has to look BIG PICTURE and remember the past. The countries of the world in general....are a buch of self serving....quick to bitch about the actions of the U.S....also slow to do anything about anything....tribal...ancient fueding....devious buch.

We had to go through two world wars to figuere this out and although we have made mistakes....the alternatives could have been much worse. Fact is...without the strength....and overwealming it is....of U.S. Military Forces....the world would quickly spin into chaos...and for those of you who think not....try making a paper mache statue of the Statue of Liberty....in any square in China. I'll be by to pick up your body and send it home. Split Infinity

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
Paul may have his moments of looking crazy but....he does have a few good points now and then. He will never appeal to mainstream America as people have become far too ingrained in either the GOP or the DEMOCRATIC parties. Too bad....it would be nice to have someone CRAZY in office for awhile.

All the other alternatives are stark raving lunatics! Split Infinity

Dr Paul is a member of the GOP, Grand Ol' Party, Republicans. He is an elected Republican. He is campaigning now for the Republican primary election which will decide the candidate for the general election.

Instead of crazy, I think he has moments of being overly honest. He replies to all questions truthfully whereas another candidate would talk around the question or just blatantly lie. That is how he got the stigma of wanting to promote or legalize drugs, or that he thinks Iran should have nuclear weapons. What he said and what I heard was that the FEDERAL government should stay out of the personal business or US citizens, and also keep their noses out of the business of other sovereign nations.

His ideal of "you can't spread democracy with a bullet" is about the sanest thing I've ever heard anyone say.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join