It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama bows to Boehner; jobs speech will be Sept. 8

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

President Barack Obama has acceded to House Speaker John Boehner's wishes to deliver an address on jobs and the economy to a joint session of Congress on Sept. 8. The president had requested Sept. 7 for the long-anticipated speech.

Alright Obama haters...listen up...because you won't hear me do it often...I'm about to criticize Obama.

He has no backbone...what the hell was he thinking. If you are going to announce a date to conflict with the GOP debate...STAND YOUR GROUND.

WTH...Obama could do so much if he just didn't cave into the republicans ALL THE TIME.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

Ummm...ok....good luck with that?

Kind of odd that you like to do that while Obama is giving a speech...I would find it odd to have him on in the background and hear his voice...but whatever floats your boat. I don't like him THAT much...but feel free to show your love

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Great thread title OS...

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
Great thread title OS...

Hey...I can't take credit...it was all Yahoo.

But I did get a chuckle out of it

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Personally, I will withhold judgement. I did not vote for Mr. Obama, but more and more I am impressed with his civility relative to the others. Also, I would bet that there is a reason for this and we won't know what it is until it happens after the bait has been taken. One thing for sure, President Obama has caused a lot of us to pay attention after many years of really not caring one way or the other.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Hehe, the GOP is the wife in the relationship and Obama is the man.
GOP: nag nag nag...
Obama: fine, I'll do the dang garbage.

Of course, the wife has all the power in the relationship...

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
If you are going to announce a date to conflict with the GOP debate...

But, why would you do such a thing? Is Obama scared of the Republican candidates? Or is this simply his way of crapping on the tea party? It's funny that you say this is a rare moment you'll criticize Obama, because it's a rare moment I'll praise him. At best he can walk away and say it was an honest mistake, whereas if he strongarmed it he would just be acting like a dictator interrupting a previously planned debate.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Did you expect anything else? He's done nothing but kiss GOP butt ever since he walked into office.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Sorry for that last Banned Post OS , but when it comes to our Current Prez , my Anger gets the Best of me sometimes . The Great Pretender is just that i am affraid......

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Haha, you are right.

Obama should have stood his ground because the first thought going through my mind was:
What if Obama gave a speech and nobody listened?"

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
This just gives Obama another day to think of someone else to blame.
Meh

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Of course he did....he's a coward.
edit on 1-9-2011 by David9176 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by survivalstation

Haha, you are right.

Obama should have stood his ground because the first thought going through my mind was:

Funny thing . . . the first thought that went through mine was What if Obama gave a speech and somebody listened.

The reality is, he's just going to prattle on that it is their mission to create jobs . . . and somehow it will all roll into the government bailing out some big fat cat wall streeter or bankster with the caveat that in so doing they will somehow use their newly found gains to hire three or four more floor sweepers or some such low level nonsense.

You can't create something with nothing and last time I checked, when it comes to helping the little guy, the current administration is as useful as a light switch on a candle.

So, ain't no big thang waiting a few extra days to say a lot about nothing.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Any guesses what the big speech will be about???
----------
I can see high speed choo choo trains everywhere.

Wow! Great idea. Where do we get the money for that?????
Do we borrow it from the Chinese?
-----------
Obama will throw out over $2 Trillion in all NEW government spending and then
declare that it's the ONLY reasonable course of action. Everyone who opposes his
new master plan will then be labeled - unreasonable-.

----------
Obama will once again - lecture - us about how brilliant he is.
I can hear the liberal spin doctors on MSNBC already.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by survivalstation

Haha, you are right.

Well, your question is likely to be answered since now Obama has to compete with football on TV. Guess which one will win the rating battle?

But seriously obamaphiles, you HAVE to know the Republican debate was scheduled long ago. You also HAVE to know that if obama's speech was so all-fired important as a way out of the jobs problem, obama could have given it BEFORE (or during) his campaign bus trip, or BEFORE his vacation.

No, obama purposely (and obviously) chose the same date as the debates as some sort of political gambit. A gambit that has now failed like all the rest - further tarnishing his record and reputation.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Now the latest is that the season opening NFL game is scheduled on NBC for the same night as obama's speech.

This puts those long-time shills (NBC) for obama in quite a quandary.

If they show obama instead of all or part of the game, MILLIONS of fans will be PO'd.

And if they don't keep fawning for obama, then he might not call on their reports at news conferences.

What to do, what to do?

Actually a perfect example of how out of touch with America obama is. He loses his first choice on dates, which was chosen to try and disrupt the Republican dates - earning him a ton of scorn even from his own supporters.

And now - obviously without thinking - he picks a new date that alienates a different set of millions of people and puts one of his biggest shills (NBC) in a catch-22 situation.

As I said on another thread, "you can't make this stuff up" ...

new topics

top topics

join