It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clue in ancient text that might prove Heaven could be different planet

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by PoorGrammar
I'm surprise them silly people on Ancient Alien TV show haven't discuss this topic

in most world religion (Christianity, Muslim, Hindu & even Buddhism) book they all talk about Heaven Time

- Bible: 1 day in Christian Heaven = 1 years on the Earth.
- Muslim: 1 day in Muslim Heaven = 1000 years on Earth.
- Hindu: 1 day in Brahma Heaven = 4,320,000,000 years on Earth. WHOA!
- Buddhism Cosmology: There are 7 Heavens in Buddhist Cosmology Look at the pic below ( HY = Human year = Earth years) each Buddhist Heaven time are different from one another

*** what about Hell time, I could only find 1 source that talk about Hell time is in the Khmer religion text
- Khmer religion: 100 years in Hell = 1 day on Earth but Khmer believe in 16 level of Hells and each level of Hell, time are different from another but is all slower then Earth time. ***

How does this explain that Heaven might be different planet?

The answer is Theory of Relativity by Albert Einstein or Time dilation and it has been proven that Time can be different depend on where you at in space and how fast you are going.

For example: GPS Satellite orbit around the Earth. To achieve this level of precision, the clock ticks from the GPS satellites must be known to an accuracy of 20-30 nanoseconds. However, because the satellites are constantly moving relative to observers on the Earth, effects predicted by the Special and General theories of Relativity must be taken into account to achieve the desired 20-30 nanosecond accuracy.
www.astronomy.ohio-state.edu...

There is a discovery channel show that talk about near the Black hole time is 100 years = 1 day on earth. I forgot the name of the show (the show was about time traveling) so i couldn't find it on youtube.

So if we gather all the information on Heaven time from all these different world religion book and use the Theory of Relativity(Time dilation) could we possibly calculate and figure out where each different religion Heaven really located in outer space?

For Example, science say near the black hole, time is 100 years = 1 day on earth. could the Christian Heaven be somewhere near by since the christian Heaven time is 1 day = 1 years on earth

Could it also mean all religion are real just that each Gods are all from different planets and they have their own set of rule or law that why they are so different but kinda similar to one another?

edit on 31-8-2011 by PoorGrammar because: (no reason given)

I wouldn't think too hard on this one. (as in you are over thinking). 1 year on earth is the time it takes our planet to travel around our star (the sun), 1 time. 1 Day on earth is the time it takes the planet to rotate 1 time on its axis.

Now if you have watching discovery and the news, you will notice that we have found other planets that orbit other stars. And they all have different rates of "years" and "days". Hey, just look at our solar system. Mars and Jupituter have longer "years" than us.

Basically you can then take from that, and extrapolate for heaven etc, to see where that may fall. "1 day in heaven = 1year on earth" only means that in the time it takes for heaven to spin around 1 time, it take the earth to travel around the sun 1 orbit., etc etc..

Stop thinkin' and jumping right to blackholes, and time warps, and einstein relativity. It could just be a different planet, around a different sun.

Food for thought.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
OP: Look at a clock. As the minute hand goes around... observe how much further the outside has to travel than the inside to make the same "revolution".

This is the nature of the time difference they are discussing... the amount of "distance" that must be travelled. The further out on the rotating circle you go, the more "years" you experience, even though you too have only made one Universal revolution compared to someone who is further in the circle (the little spirals of our earth rotation around the sun are simply the "ticks" and "tocks" of our Universal circle.

At the very center, there is no passage of time, no motion, it is simply an eternal stable timeless "now" no matter how fast or slow everything else rotates around it.

The writings as I understand them are intended to refer to different planes up and down the diameter of a rotating circle (metaphorically speaking). Time is nothing more than a measurement of change. Looked at this way... the outside hand changes more in one revolution than the inside hand.

Namaste!
edit on 1-9-2011 by ErgoTheConfusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Now I get why finding planets that could sustain life is so difficult when you consider there is no "model" that suggests why life exists here or there when in actuality life seems to have existed or does exist everywhere.

A planet with that kind of solar time clock could be anywhere when you start playing with the idea of its existence...It would be like looking for a needle in an infinitely continuing number of haystacks...

This time thing is a made up aspect though. Much simpler to understand that its all one event happening all at once and that "time" is just a useful illusion. IE there is no such thing as "not enough time" time is never "short" it is never "long" you can never have "too much" of it. Your life is short time is not. No one "has the time" and to as "what time is it" is a damn good question when considering the age of all things...

It could be year 849,929,029,890. For all we know..We could all be on an acid trip and reality is really something else entirely. What is everything and the point of all of this is what?

No one knows anything yet we are blissfully ignorant in are pursuits to know more of nothing at all. Maybe one day we will all get our answers..

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Where does the theory that one day on earth equals one year in Heaven? 1000 years is a very common measurement of time in the Bible.

2 Peter 3:8 "But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day." NIV

Psalm 90:4 "For a thousand years in your sight are like a day that has just gone by, or like a watch in the night." NIV

Link

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by EmVeeFF
Buahah

We (human life) are probably just a game for some aliens, like stock car racing. We are all the same but each set of aliens influence their own group.

Ive often thought this - I mean, after all, we find ant farms fascinating (on some level). We would be the ultimate hobby!

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Good thread!

i've always wanted to start a discussion about this fact. it's really interesting.

In the '7' days the earth was created according to the bible, it could well mean millions of years have passed, though it only happens to be a 'single' week of god.

Whats even more interesting is that many religions counting such long years also describe incarnations of their 'gods' in bodies of humans.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
At last, we have a possible answer to Kirk's question:

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Great thread OP!

I've always thought in terms that were almost bad sci-fi about these doings of Gods, Angels, and Demons (Oh, My!!!)...every story I've heard that was a 'Myth' seemed like the plot of a sci-fi flick. Too easy to accept as having happened...

...if the visitors are advanced enough to visit earth, they should also be able to extend their lifespan to seemingly supernatural levels...hmmmm...if they aren't androids/probes themselves; which ups the lifespans alot!

Very cool

edit on 9/1/11 by RoswellCityLimits because: to add

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by PoorGrammar

I'm pretty sure most of those from other religions are either wrong or inconsistent throughout. It's basically the idea that time is nonexistent of a concern in heaven.

after all, if heaven is heaven, why would time matter? The only point time has is when you live, when you do things, and when you die. In heaven you don't exactly do any of those things in any normal matter. So time is not really needed.

Furthermore, if heaven was a planet, it could be destroyed. Sort of defeats the whole point of heaven.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

sorry but i don't think that is correct. why else would there be 'fallen angels from heaven' ? because at a certain moment (time) they plotted against their 'god' to start bothering humans. according to god however, they were evil-doing, thus (that kind of evil) originated from heaven meaning everything can happen there.

its all there in the book of enoch
edit on 1/9/11 by Reignite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Reignite

I reject the book of Enoch, because it wasn't all written at the same time. And both halves, written centuries a part, were both written after each half of the bible. It's good for context though, as it shows the viewpoints of the peoples back then. Scriptural truth? Probably wrong. I'd say it's like the book of Judith. A good example of early historic or science fiction, that may or may nor have pieces of truth.

Now to address what's in that book of yours, the Bible itself goes ahead and explains it. Yes, they did do those things in heaven. They corrupted heaven. And as revelations says, it, too, must be remade.

Aside from the fact that this means heaven is going to be destroyed and replaced, it also says the new one will not. It will be perfect, and therefor not going to be destroyed. Hence, it is not a planet.

As for fallen angels, it's sort of suggested that the nephilim were somehow created by man and whose souls may have been those fallen angels. Interesting, because that means that angels are not physical things that exist in this reality, or at least not physically.
edit on 1-9-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Well it is an interesting topic, and well thought out on your part. The truth is, we don't know, and unless these "aliens" ever return we never will know. By all accounts of heaven you would think it was an entirely different world from the christian view, and not meant for us since in the bible nowhere does it say we go to heaven, yet we are told that there will be a new heaven and a new earth where we will be given new bodies that will not die and we dwell on the new earth. Its very complicated to be sure, and you will scratch your head from now till the day you die trying to figure it out.

I prefer to just let these things go, and let the cards fall as they may. No point worrying about what you can't control.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

I reject the book of Enoch, because it wasn't all written at the same time. And both halves, written centuries a part, were both written after each half of the bible. It's good for context though, as it shows the viewpoints of the peoples back then. Scriptural truth? Probably wrong. I'd say it's like the book of Judith. A good example of early historic or science fiction, that may or may nor have pieces of truth.

Sure, you may reject it, but consider the 'millions' of followers that DO believe in it. I mean, we are talking about the same heaven, right?

Now to address what's in that book of yours, the Bible itself goes ahead and explains it. Yes, they did do those things in heaven. They corrupted heaven. And as revelations says, it, too, must be remade.

Aside from the fact that this means heaven is going to be destroyed and replaced, it also says the new one will not. It will be perfect, and therefor not going to be destroyed. Hence, it is not a planet.

Next weekend is also going to be perfect, without corruption. Yet, at the end of the day, the next one begins. I don't want to dispute wether heaven is a planet or not, i don't know. I only know that everything seems possible there.

As for fallen angels, it's sort of suggested that the nephilim were somehow created by man and whose souls may have been those fallen angels. Interesting, because that means that angels are not physical things that exist in this reality, or at least not physically.

I don't really understand your first sentence, "nephilim were somehow created by man", can you explain that please?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Sure, you may reject it, but consider the 'millions' of followers that DO believe in it. I mean, we are talking about the same heaven, right?

yes we are in context to the same God, but that depends what branch of that ideology within. After all, it is faith in Jesus that matters alone, assuming that's the branch you are part of.

Next weekend is also going to be perfect, without corruption. Yet, at the end of the day, the next one begins. I don't want to dispute wether heaven is a planet or not, i don't know. I only know that everything seems possible there.

I imagine so, though every day is corrupted already. Otherwise we wouldn't be all slowly dying. It seems as though Lucifer was at the very thrown of God, possibly a seraph. If some translations are to be believed, he ruled Earth as a spiritual guiding force, and in many ways his own rebellion mirrors ours as a species.

Either way, he was at the very thrown of God. God himself was present when he chose his path. Interesting scene to think about.

I don't really understand your first sentence, "nephilim were somehow created by man", can you explain that please?

It's sort of maybe, maybe not. Genesis makes it look like the Nephilim were on Earth, then left for the flood, then returned after. Jude 1 seems to indicate they were locked away in space, which means one could in theory be the dragon in Revelations. in Psalm 88, someone asks God in a prayer if the Rephaim rise (Rephaim is another word for Nephilim supposedly), like o the last day. It seems from even the book of Enoch that they committed some great crime and so were not allowed to even rise on the last day, maybe.

Back in Genesis, it's stated that the Sons of God bred with the Daughters of man. Some automatically assume this means Angels mating with man, but that's impossible, because angels can't have sex. They don't have the parts. Sex is pretty defined in the Bible as a human thing. So it could be that the Sons of God and the Daughters of Man were some sort of house or lineage, perhaps one of Seth, the other of Cain. And that somehow this act produced "men of renown". With current research into the Indo-European Pantheon, and some phrases from the Bible, it seems as if these Men of Renown were some sort of great race of beings. Possibly even Zeus, Odin, and the whole lot. Considering these gods all originate from the same tales in the fertile crescent and India. I've yet to find a reason to 100% know that these men of Renown were or were not Nephilim. It could be that the Nephilim were the spirits or souls of the Men of Renown.
en.wikipedia.org...
Mind you, spirit and soul seem to be different things. The soul is yourself, the spirit is a gift from God, and it even seems as though God reuses spirits, at least I think so far.

Still researching into it.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I would like to see a link to the 'Ancient Text' , so that I might have a look at the 'clue'.

From the title of the OP.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I once wrote a short story (from a dream i had)
About a plane...t Heaven... and it's scientists were getting to into genetic experiments and so they were sent to an empty planet which was lightly Terra formed to make it comfortable for them and on that planet they could carry out all the experiments they wanted as long as they stayed within the ruler of Heavens laws "God".
Well they experimented and enjoyed and soon got carried away and made monsters ... dinosaurs... that were destroying the habitat and went on to experiment in making life like themselves...thus breaking the law.

They were sent to a planet named Hell meaning miserable, (the dinosaurs on Earth were eradicated) it was hot and dark and worse they could not leave it was to far from anything because Heaven took the big ships so they were imprisoned. there they continued their experiments making demons and monsters to serve them.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Hmmm.

As a Christian, I have pondered the idea that Hell could be a planet. I have not read anything in the Bible that would suggest Hell or Heaven NOT being a planet. So, it's very possible.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Some religions consider Earth as Hell and the time we spend here is our penance...But it really doesn't matter because if heaven an hell were planets they would be Finite and as I understand it Heaven/Hell are Eternal. The thing that amazes me is people neglect to take into consideration the fact that our Body's are just Battery's and we are Electrical Beings. That being said if matter and energy cannot be created or destroyed just transmuted at a rate of E=Mc2 then we are eternal beings that just revert back and forth from Energy to Mass and back again at death. Think of it like this the battery in your flashlight died but did the energy disappear? Not really it was transferred into Photons that expanded in all directions Infinitely So the Energy is still out there just Converted to a new form that will be harnessed by something else Eventually repeating the cycle. So there is No need for a planet or spaceship to be heaven/hell because we already are everything and anything while being Eternal.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Absolutely fascinating truth I believe. I do think Heaven is another planet. Not sure if in our Solar system or not but have wondered about Jupiter a time or so.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by PoorGrammar
I'm surprise them silly people on Ancient Alien TV show haven't discuss this topic

in most world religion (Christianity, Muslim, Hindu & even Buddhism) book they all talk about Heaven Time

- Bible: 1 day in Christian Heaven = 1 years on the Earth.
- Muslim: 1 day in Muslim Heaven = 1000 years on Earth.
- Hindu: 1 day in Brahma Heaven = 4,320,000,000 years on Earth. WHOA!
- Buddhism Cosmology: There are 7 Heavens in Buddhist Cosmology Look at the pic below ( HY = Human year = Earth years) each Buddhist Heaven time are different from one another

*** what about Hell time, I could only find 1 source that talk about Hell time is in the Khmer religion text
- Khmer religion: 100 years in Hell = 1 day on Earth but Khmer believe in 16 level of Hells and each level of Hell, time are different from another but is all slower then Earth time. ***

How does this explain that Heaven might be different planet?

The answer is Theory of Relativity by Albert Einstein or Time dilation and it has been proven that Time can be different depend on where you at in space and how fast you are going.

For example: GPS Satellite orbit around the Earth. To achieve this level of precision, the clock ticks from the GPS satellites must be known to an accuracy of 20-30 nanoseconds. However, because the satellites are constantly moving relative to observers on the Earth, effects predicted by the Special and General theories of Relativity must be taken into account to achieve the desired 20-30 nanosecond accuracy.
www.astronomy.ohio-state.edu...

There is a discovery channel show that talk about near the Black hole time is 100 years = 1 day on earth. I forgot the name of the show (the show was about time traveling) so i couldn't find it on youtube.

So if we gather all the information on Heaven time from all these different world religion book and use the Theory of Relativity(Time dilation) could we possibly calculate and figure out where each different religion Heaven really located in outer space?

For Example, science say near the black hole, time is 100 years = 1 day on earth. could the Christian Heaven be somewhere near by since the christian Heaven time is 1 day = 1 years on earth

Could it also mean all religion are real just that each Gods are all from different planets and they have their own set of rule or law that why they are so different but kinda similar to one another?

Your perception of longer days in these "Planes" days may be due to the Inverse Square Law such as your mass moving closer to a gravity source or your speed moving faster around one.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join