It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2004 World's Best Air Forces?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stealth Spy
no

but they are getting F-35's

is there a website where I can find more info on the F-35?
thanks.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Aren't many of the US Airforce combat pilots National Guard?

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   

India certainly deserves No.2 atleast for 2004 after comprehensively outclassing the US in recent air exercises.

The Cope India trials mean nothing, I wouldn't even consider an excercise, since the US has a few handicaps, ie: they were outnumbered 12 to 4, and were assuming "Red Air" tactics (bascially you can't do anything). One on One, i would put my money on the US F-15 against an Su-30K/MKK/MKI anyday of the week. Besides, Russian built missiles have horrible track records, while Americans missiles are superior, like the AIM-120C/D and the AIM-9X.

The US still ranks as #1 air superiority wise for many many years to come.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Russian
I would say....

1. USA
2. Russia - They are increaseing there military expenature by 50%= more training
3. UK
4. India - Has worlds one of the finest pilots

I dont know about the others. But I know that China shouldnt be in the top 7 cause they arent very well trained.

Why would you rank Russia #2, maybe nationalism? I am Russian too, and Russia doesn't even deserve to be #5.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11

no

thanks.

This is one of the best threads on this site, by one of it's most knowladgeable members. Unfortunately for us, she has not graced our presence in quite some time

F-35 JSF

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hockeyguy567

Why would you rank Russia #2, maybe nationalism? I am Russian too, and Russia doesn't even deserve to be #5.

why not?
thye have some fine jets some better than british jets.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp

why not?
thye have some fine jets some better than british jets.

I know that russian jets are better than british jets, however you have to combine everything, pilot training, russia lacks, missiles (air-to-air), russian missiles aren't that good, and reliability, again russia struggles in this category.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 05:48 PM
link   
they are not better than every plane just some. they are better than some american ones.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 06:04 PM
link   

they are not better than every plane just some. they are better than some american ones.

Current Russian planes aren't.... like the MiG-29, Su-27, Su-30K/MKK/MKI

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I Like the Way that the Americans stole the Harrier Jumpjet, and now get all the credit for it...

I Would Personally Say the RAF is one of the top ones, Either 1st or 2nd

[edit on 2-9-2004 by The_Squid]

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Current Russian planes aren't.... like the MiG-29, Su-27, Su-30K/MKK/MKI

how not?
please exsplain?
also squid about the jump jet yeah but they did improve it a bit.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Squid
I Like the Way that the Americans stole the Harrier Jumpjet, and now get all the credit for it...

How exactly did the Amercans steal the Harrier? As I recall the Harrier was produced as a licensed copy authorized by the British government.

That is hardly stealing it. Nor have I ever seen anybody discount the fact the the Brits invented the Harrier.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 08:00 PM
link   

I Would Personally Say the RAF is one of the top ones, Either 1st or 2nd

[edit on 2-9-2004 by The_Squid]

You mean 2nd or 3rd. The US has the UNDENIABLE best airforce. No comparison between ours and whoever is at #2.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 10:53 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 12:19 PM
link   
actually, they licensed it, (AV-8A) improved it a bit (YAV-8B), then we improved the improved version a bit more and both countries bought that one (AV-8B & GR.5). Then we both wentt on and furhter improved our own versions in different ways,(AV-8B+ & GR.9).

Not forgetting that Ralph Hooper stole it off Michel Wibault in the first place.

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man

Originally posted by xpert11

no

thanks.

This is one of the best threads on this site, by one of it's most knowladgeable members. Unfortunately for us, she has not graced our presence in quite some time

F-35 JSF
Thanks for the hyperlink to the thread on the F-35

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 03:15 AM
link   
I WAS JUST GOOGLING KILLING TIME AND STUBLED BY YOURR SITE. So here goes, I know i'm 3 years late but i just gotta say, I'm kinda surprised by some "experts" over here.
quote#!: India has ggreat pilots. It's very hard for a 3rd world country to have enough fuel, spares and support systems to keep pilots in constant practice. ...lol
quote#2: Indian su-27 beat us f-15 in cope exercise, if u can call it that. us f-15 without aesa radar, can't use the missile's self homing, have to guide it in all the way (therefore not in fire and forget mode) which eans a range of only 30 miles, no e warfare help, no awacs, only 4 f-15 vs. 3 mig-21, 3mig-27, 3 m2k, 3 suk-30, able to use thier best weapns and radars, simulated awacs and electronic warfare help. etc etc. for the sake of the IAF I hope in the next war with pakistan, the paf operate under the rules of Cope exercise.
3. basic ignorance and the same old opinions.
4. NORTH KOREA has a threatening airforce!!!... lol...I must get to the Chimp president with this firecracker of a news.
5. iran and iraq airforce were actually threatening....lol.

On the good side, I've finally found a sensible, factual, objective Russian online. wow now that's a find

Now I know this is 2007 , but here's my list anyway, theyr based on defensive and ASF capability and based on numbers on hand not what's ordered..

Tier ..1 : USA .... no question.
Tier 2
2.Israel - personnel, machinery, experience
3.Russia - finally getting back to it's feet, just getting existing planes in fighting shape means over 1000 latest comparable fighters and interceptors.
4. France - personnel, machine, support
5. Japan
6.U.K./Germany
6. tie China/India - hard to tell which one comes first .. china has more late model planes and much more planes overall but supposedly inferior pilots, compared to india who have much lower number of planes but better ratio in late model planes.
6. Taiwan
7. South Korea
8.Egypt/Saudi arabia/Turkey/Greece......

and the rest...........

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Soory the aamraam, has a range of about 30 km. not miles if it's to be guided in by the plane itself.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 03:37 AM
link   
One other country to mention that belongs in the top ten in a tie at the lower end is Ukraine.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Sweden should also be mentioned in a tie at the lower end.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join