It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11 Kids colouring Book

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
This isnt really a conspiracy, but is 9/11 related so its upto you weather you move it somewhere more apt.?
Anyway what im posting is a link to the U.K's Guardian paper and a story they are running about an american kids colouring book. The picture is going to cause massive offence to the muslim world, probably as much as the draw mohumad competition did. Let me know what you think about it, i can imagine that you americans are more ok with this than us english, but thats just my guess at the moment?

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by chaztekno

I want one for my son. Ill even help him color it.

edit on 31-8-2011 by sicksonezer0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
look kids, the evil Arabs attacked us, but our soldiers fought for our freedom and killed them all!

I remember when coloring books used to be innocent...

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Political, fear-mongering, racist, violent, propaganda laden coloring books. Not to mention historically inaccurate.

The author's justification? "Because the kids get to see Osama Bin Laden get shot in black and white, it provides closure for them."

Most 5 Year old kids don't even know his name, why do THEY need closure? I smell money.

Just what all kids need.

The author clearly has an agenda as we can read by this:

One page of the $6.99 book, which has been given a PG rating, shows Bin Laden hiding behind a hijab-wearing woman as he is shot by a Navy SEAL.

www.guardian.co.uk...

"Being the elusive character that he was, and after hiding out with his terrorist buddies in Pakistan and Afghanistan, American soldiers finally locate the terrorist leader Osama bin Laden," runs the text accompanying the picture.

"Children, the truth is, these terrorist acts were done by freedom-hating radical Islamic Muslim extremists. These crazy people hate the American way of life because we are FREE and our society is FREE."

edit on 31-8-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
This is so unnecessary!
I wouldn't let my child have
one! Very disturbing!

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I believe there is a thing called going too far.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

"the book was created with honesty, integrity, reverence, respect and does not shy away from the truth", according to its publisher

One page, illustrating the immediate aftermath of the attacks, depicts what looks like a TV news anchor reporting that bin Laden was, indeed, the mastermind. That page includes the line, “These attacks will change the way America deals with and views the Islamic and Muslim people around the world.”

Why is it that the only countries we are currently occupying are predominately Islamic?
The Crusades anyone?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

One page of the $6.99 book, which has been given a PG rating, shows Bin Laden hiding behind a hijab-wearing woman as he is shot by a Navy SEAL.

OK, this is just straight-up funked. Once again, I wish I could say I can't believe this, but I should have seen it coming instead. What better way to create loyal drones than to have them color disturbing images depicting a false reality.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
It makes sense, indoctrinate them while they are still young. Or a publisher going with the "there is no bad publicity" approach.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
My favorite part is the end when it say's..

"Really Big Coloring Books, which also published a colouring book teaching children about the Tea Party last year, has said that it will donate a portion of its proceeds from sales of the book to Bridges for Peace, "a Jerusalem-based, Bible-believing Christian organisation supporting Israel and building relationships between Christians and Jews worldwide through education and practical deeds expressing God's love and mercy".

...Sorry I don't know how to quote properly. But still...

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   

This isn't really a conspiracy

OK. More like brainwashing so the generation will forget to seek the truth. Personally, I find it an act on our youth equal just as Hitler imposed on his people.
Utterly repulsive.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by OpenMindCuriousMind

Sweet.

Jews and Christians can bond while slaughtering Muslims. Sounds like fun for the whole family...

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
After 10 years of trying, they've finally put out some propaganda where you can actually see the resemblance to Osama Bin Laden!

st.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by chaztekno
This isnt really a conspiracy, but is 9/11 related so its upto you weather you move it somewhere more apt.?
Anyway what im posting is a link to the U.K's Guardian paper and a story they are running about an american kids colouring book. The picture is going to cause massive offence to the muslim world, probably as much as the draw mohumad competition did. Let me know what you think about it, i can imagine that you americans are more ok with this than us english, but thats just my guess at the moment?

www.guardian.co.uk...

First, this thing annoys me because it's my view that kids ought to be allowed to stay kids. They're going to have enough horrors to worry about when they become adults, from gas prices, having to find a job, paying their mortage, wondering where they're going to find money to send their own kids to college, etc that they should be allowed to keep their innocence for at least a little while. Teachign them about Islamic fundamentalism, how the US hunts down terrorists (complete with red crayon for blood spurts) isn't a stress they should have at that age.

Second, I don't give a flip if it does create massive offense in the Muslim world. The fact remains that it's not the Argentinians who go around hijacking aircraft or the occasional cruise ship, nor is it the British who go around strapping bombs to their bodies and blowing themselves up in crowded public areas, nor is it the Japanese who were rioting over cartoons printed in Danish newspapers. I daresay that it isn't even the Jehovah's Witnesses who sentence women to death for the "crime" of being raped. If the Muslim world gets offended from our pointing out the stunts they're pulling, the problem isn't really with us. The problem is with their not wanting to deal with the fact they're pulling these stunts to begin with. Seriously, what kind of sick mad dog mentality is it to think it's a good thing to take a knife and cut off a tied up prisoner's head on camera?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Brainwashing? I think this may backfire greatly. Look at the picture of bin laden again and pretend you don't know who he is. Just set that knowledge aside for a moment because many children won't have this foreknowledge or any memory of 9/11.

I see a man and a woman looking terrorized in a home setting as a soldier points a gun at them. They are not armed.

If I was a small child, I probably wouldn't sleep for days after seeing this.

Edit; I forgot to mention the bullet is actually leaving the gun and there's a muzzle-flash....

It's just sick....
edit on 1-9-2011 by Seiko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Viking9019

I believe there is a thing called going too far.

Yup....

Unfortunately, many people who rigorously exercise their rights to "freedom of speech" feel they should be exempt from using common decency and good judgment.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
This kind of sick endoctrination of children stuff makes me want to hijack a UFO and get off this planet.
I don't even want to raise a child in my own country. The TV is a criminal assault on us all, the taxes are ridiculously high (for us little people), the foods and water are toxic poison, vaccines are ruthless, and if you don't medicate your kids, they will.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by GoodOlDave

Second, I don't give a flip if it does create massive offense in the Muslim world. The fact remains that it's not the Argentinians who go around hijacking aircraft or the occasional cruise ship, nor is it the British who go around strapping bombs to their bodies and blowing themselves up in crowded public areas, nor is it the Japanese who were rioting over cartoons printed in Danish newspapers. I daresay that it isn't even the Jehovah's Witnesses who sentence women to death for the "crime" of being raped. If the Muslim world gets offended from our pointing out the stunts they're pulling, the problem isn't really with us. The problem is with their not wanting to deal with the fact they're pulling these stunts to begin with. Seriously, what kind of sick mad dog mentality is it to think it's a good thing to take a knife and cut off a tied up prisoner's head on camera?

Wow, GoodOlDave....

So you're okay with promoting the idea that ALL Muslims are murderous suicide bombers and terrorists who lop off people's heads, then? I guess that makes all white men members of the Klu Klux Klan and all black people gang members, too, right?

Interesting.....

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Not the sort of thing you'd expect in yer Christmas Stocking is it?

Mind you I think I have a colouring book about the Normandy beaches in WW2 around here somewhere. Bought that purely for the WTF factor.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Great idea for a color book.

It's about time people became more interested in the arts.

Not a dime of government money for this project either. This means it will be successful!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join