It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks airs mystery file, using Twitter to tell followers to wait for announcement

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

WikiLeaks airs mystery file, using Twitter to tell followers to wait for announcement

www.theaustralian.com.au

WIKILEAKS has released a mysterious encrypted file after telling its followers on Twitter to stand by for "an important announcement".

WikiLeaks did not identify the contents of the 571 megabyte file and it could not be opened without a decryption key, which the anti-secrecy website said would be released "at the appropriate moment."

In July of last year, WikiLeaks posted what it called an "insurance file," which was also encrypted.

According to press reports, the 1.4-gigabyte file was intended for public release in the event of something untoward happening to WikiLeaks founder
(visit the link for the full news article)

Edit; Clearly this has been posted before. Please delete,thank you.

edit on 31-8-2011 by myselfaswell because: As above

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Things seem to be getting busy at Wikileaks and now with this latest mystery release is it more insurance or an explosive release ?

Seems as though it may even be a little game of brinkmanship that we don't know about with people that we also don't get to know about. Will it even get revealed? Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Cheers

www.theaustralian.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Oh man, seriously, please let this be their UFO files!! I really want to know what those cables say! We've been waiting all year!

Who would PI$$ themselves if WikiLeaks said that David Icke was right all along?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I am hoping for ground breaking information as well. I am also mindful that Wikileaks disclosures have not always been groundbreaking. Certain material released by them does point to a world government though controlled by elites. However, those already who suspect those things usually find less then useful information. I would like to see something really groundbreaking, that forces the press to actually cover the material, and opens the eyes of the world to how they have been manipulated. Here is to hoping though.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto[/

Here is to hoping though.

I agree. Groundbreaking information would be hopeful but probably only hopeful.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
At least something remotely interesting!

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by myselfaswell

I don't believe anything from wikileaks. He had his chance to put them out yet didn't and once the circus died down around him hes back on, yeah right. I'm sure his fan club is going to hate me for this but he sold out plain and simple or else he would have ended up 6 feet under.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
It's about time they put out or shut up.

If the info they have obtained is so important to the American people, and to people around the world, just release it and get it over with already. They're now withholding, what could be, valuable documents to the free peeps of the planet, making themselves no different from the ones keeping secrets.

That is if they even have anything mind-blowing to reveal.

How about finally releasing the "insurance file" that everyone was so worked up about last year?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Based on their releases to date - It's probably Obama's true birth certificate

2nd line

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Dont you just want it to be UFO related that would be fabulous..
Please please
regards
plazmuh

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by KainRich

The insurance file was released, the decryption key on the other hand, was not.

I've never been sure of what to think about Assange. I understand why he's be holding out on the decryption key, just to ensure that if anything were to happen to him, then that information would be exposed. I'm quite sure that the people in the documents of the insurance file know that their information is in there.

But at the same time, he could have sold out, or been and undercover working to expose document leaks or even dead for all we know.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

my guess is its on Libya human right issues lol and some other middle eastern countries we want to invade.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Remote connections

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
These Wikileaks "announcements" always end up not being earth shattering intel; I'm bored with Wikileaks already

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I think it will be in regards to a security issue in the middle east. My husband gotlalyed off so I can say what I know. ( I think he lost his job because I was talkign a little to much at the time february this year) Wackenhut, which is a federal security which oversees the middle east, in early december of 2010 my husband came home from work telling me, the company he worked for was bought out by wackenhut, my husband worked at Malstrom A.F.B, ( one of the 3 nuclear weapons basess here in the states)he was a superintendant for a construction company that was doing repair work on 170 houses, getting ahead of myself here, wackenhut has never had anything to do with construction and they are not doing any other construction other then this specific job. after a few weeks of beign with wackenhut the entire job was brought in to a emergency meeting, they were told not to read the newspaper watch the news or take e-mails with anything concerning wikileaks, I had made shadwo refernece to this here on ATS, I cant remember which threads I chattered about this in. WHat I said in a brief is, I dont kowo when but wiki leaks is going to reveal some sort of a scandal with the wackenhut security of the middle east they didnt want public to know because at the time wikis was about to be stifled, until recently they are leaking encrypted. about 2 weeks after I mentioned a few little things my husband lost his job. SO im betting it will have something to do with security and the middle east. Im hoping its a disclosure regarding UFO`s

off subject during the year I was in montana my husband and I got lucky and I got a drawn for an elk hunt, we are out in the mountains going to places that looked like no recent vehicles were out. We drove by 2 fenced in areas with silo looking things in them, signs all over declaring government property keep out, saw cameras elctric fences. Then we are down in the hay fields driving through them to get to another part of the mountain we saw another fenced in silo area literally in the middle of the fields so far out of sight, there was 3 military humvees in the surrounding areas, 2 followed us until we was out of the area. I wanted to stop and ask why they were following me husband wouldnt let me darn it.
The final thing i saw, we was driving down a highway heading out of our hunt home, we had gone maybe 30 miles and suddenly all traffic was stopped on the opposite side, we had passed a line of about 30 military humvees and in the middle of them was a deisel truck towing this very long silo it was heading north into the fields to some unknown place. the vehicles stopping the traffic was Homeland security.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
These Wikileaks "announcements" always end up not being earth shattering intel; I'm bored with Wikileaks already

Ah, another one who's attention span is designed to only last until the first ad break.
All for people being anti-wikileaks, but being "bored with wikileaks" says more about your character than theirs.

There is no way you have read all of their hundreds of thousands of cables released which provided some highly controversial information.

Too bad people don't realise this is not a soap opera, in real life the drama can't keep increasing exponentially - and if it did it would give credit to the idea they are sensationalizing everything, the fact their are large time gaps between releases, they appear to be taking their time to be careful, and their track record of quality releases should earn them enough respect for us to wait patiently..

But instead people don't bother to even read what is released, wait for a you tube video summarizing the release, people initially get excited by the release and 2 weeks later complain nothing has happened and what was released was not enough proof of whose side they are on.
What will prove things for you? Do you think belittling the efforts of one of the few groups fighting for international freedom of speech because it does not meet your attention span is fair or does anything to help the cause?
What have you done to help the cause?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reading their twitter page it seems the password for the cables has been released by some journalist ... Is this correct?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Put up or shut up, we're tired of wikileaks's rubbish.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
www.theaustralian.com.au... For an article on the cables.

m.boingboing.net... The password is in here.

That is all

Trowa
edit on 31/8/11 by TrowaBarton because: To add content

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
if you have the original "insurance" file make fer dang sure you have a clean copy (made from the one on your HDD, not a new download) on a flash drive or something.

It's entirely possible if he sold out to save his own skin the new download they're releasing could contain a covert program to alter the insurance file.

CYA.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join