It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jerry Lewis and the MDA telethon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Ok lets get to it.Why would they cut the telethon from 21.5 hours to 6 hours?I understand that Jerry Lewis not hosting the telethon is big deal but is that the reason for cutting down the hours.I know the economy is in bad shape, but they've always made it thru and the public has always come thru for them.What is the point of doing a telethon for 6 hours,you can't raise much money in 6 hours.Why not just have someone else host it,Jerry Lewis doesn't really spend that much time on camera anyway.And it looks like none of the stations that are airing the telethon plan on doing anything after the telethon ends.You would think that a couple of them would at least host some of their own entertainment to raise some money,but their not.So I came up with this idea just off the top of my head.Is it possible that they found a cure and plan on announcing it on Sunday?I know chances are someone would have leaked that information and someone would have gotten it to the media or posted it on the internet.But what other possible reason could they have for airing a 6 hour telethon?

Don't know if this belongs under general conspiracies but they are definitely hiding something.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
that is a mighty big leap.

They aren't looking for cures for any disease, only ways to keep you alive and in need of "medication"...so no they have not found a cure.

Peace

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Just a quick add on. I just read that one of the reasons they are giving for the cut back to 6 hours is lagging donations.In 2010 they received 58.9 million in donations and our local station received 734,000 dollars in donations which is 15,000 over last year.Does that sound like lagging donations to you?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by wraith257

I've read 2 articles that Jerry Lewis was asked not to be involved anymore...but neither article said exactly why.

Here is a link to one of them.

tvguide.ca...

(edit) this article written in June of this year may be a clue...he became ill and was not able to perform.

www.popeater.com...

edit on 31-8-2011 by caladonea because: add more

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
They cut the time because it was cutting too much into profits. You lose money when you give away free airtime.

join