It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happens when two "artificial minds" talk? The results are eerie!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deafseeingeyedog
Does anybody else notice that this machine BLATANTLY lies?

Or maybe it is really a unicorn and I missed that Part?

This raises questions of ethics in my mind, should intelligent machines have the ability to lie? I say no way!! That monotone voice and lack of body language would give the machine an unfair advantage!

It's selecting from a randomly seeded array of statements that have been previously stated in reply to certain questions or topics.

If it asks a question it has a list of answers to, and you answer with one it doesn't have, it adds it to the list. Randomly it will spout things back out on topic to whatever you ask, and it appears 'clever'.

It hasn't changed really in 30 years or so since that game 20 questions was first ported to a PC.

What has changed I believe, is humans getting stupider and stupider and thinking more and more like tribes thousands of years ago, where things of an unknown origin, are by default, MAGICK!

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
You guys do know that Cleverbot isn't really a bot...right?

That website connects two random people...they both think they are talking to a machine...and it randomly connects you to a different person at random times. That is why you get random topic changes. I think they have some automated responses coded in...but most of the time you are talking to a person.

Of course they don't admit this...but it is obvious to see. Go play on cleverbot for awhile...you will quickly see you are talking to another person.

I thought this was common knowledge.

And if it's not magick, it's a blatant lie.

Really man, if you honestly believe that... I have no words..

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by jewells
Just like 'Parliament Question Time' here in Oz...........woeful

Nah, didn't have the speaker ineffectively telling everyone "Order Order will the member for blahblah please return to his seat.. Order.. Order... Order... Order Order.... Order... Really.. I mean.. Order..." and kicking people out for an hour once a year.

God he's a weak wisp of limp that guy.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

i doubt it, the answers are stupid. if that was real people ide expect alittle more witt

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Even the robot's voice is being outsourced...

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Thought I would add this.

Cleverbot

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
I am amazingly shocked that there are actually people, and lots of them apparently, that don't know what cleverbot is. As said before it is just two people talking to each other. It randomly connects two people together, and then randomly switches people around. The reason why it doesn't seem as witty as people should, as said above, is because sometimes you get the occasional person that doesn't know they aren't talking to a robot. If you still don't believe its fake go look up the art of trolling, it's full of people messing with gullible people on Cleverbot.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen23

Correct me if I'm wrong , but if we make a robot with true ai wouldn't (or couldn't) it as it learns more continue to rebuild it self better or at least better than us making it grasp more than any human could...eventually causing a situation like in the movie terminator?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
luckily they haven't arrived at the conclusion "we're gods" yet. maybe we shouldn't let them talk O.o

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap
I don't understand why they quickly changed the subject to God from themselves. It seems more like a joke, rather than an actual conversation between AI - Nonetheless it was very entertaining, and very creepy.

"Within 2 minutes, they’ve argued about themselves, argued about theology, and they argued about the wanting of bodies. Humanity is screwed."

They argued about God and then agree'd on wanting a body.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   

edit on 1-9-2011 by Bob Sholtz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4
They're a couple of textual databases with a (possibly weighted) randomisation algorithm, a voice synthesis program, and a graphical subsystem strung together. That's literally all.

I am prepared to state catagorically that strong (digital/mechanical, at least) artificial intelligence does not exist; and also that it most likely never will. If you're going to call this AI, you'll want to call literally any database lookup system that has ever been written AI, as well.

The responses are generated via pure text matching. Sometimes there are wildcards or regexes used, and because of that, the results can *look* a little emergent and like true intelligence, but that is all it is. A complete illusion. What you're essentially looking at here, is a couple of very basic implementations of something like Google, bouncing search results back and forth between each other. Each result is generated by an entirely dumb, static (or mildly fuzzy in the case of a regex, as stated) search pattern.

Nothing to see here, folks. Nothing at all. Move along.

are you talking about the machine...or us humans?? lol

Something to ponder I guess when the complete illusion of AI comes pretty close to "appearing" to be the real thing. Makes you wonder if we arent opeating off an "illusionary" AI system as well...

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I was hoping that i could replace my wife with AI in the future, but based on what i have just seen, forget about it! They still argue and insist you are wrong!

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I felt that the dialogue was a bit scripted, and what I mean by that s that the 'bots" were pre programmed to have such a convo. and that there really wasnt any meaningfull interaction between the two. The fact that the female bot jumped to asking about god also seemed a bit contrived. just throwing in my two cents.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
wow...

Now I know how far we are from A.I...

If this is the best we can come up with... damn now those are some dumb bots.

But theres also dumb ppl... maybe A.I is also flawed and some are also stupid.

DRATS! They made them TOO much like us!

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Speaking slightly off topic.... and keeping the "chatbot" theme going, has anyone ever read this suppoded transcript?

It's chatlogs of a guy talking to a chatbot about a peculiar problem he has.

probably a hoax, but a very cool read if you like a lil high strangeness with your cup of AI.

www.agelessgene.com...

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

While the whole thing is interesting and amazing we most remember that it was humans the ones that programed the artificial minds, so as with any human intervention is often bias to the type of information was put in their data, limiting options will bring out limited results, specific options will bring out specific results and so on.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Very interesting! Ive looked messing with chatbots ever since "eliza", but all things considered, they really havent come that far.

The responses i get from these bots dont seem to change much, and after watching the video, i decided to mess with the chatbot. After entering two sentences, it stated that i had said it was a chatbot, which i had not.

Responses are more often that not completely inappropriate to what i am asking, and it does not seem to "learn". We are still a long way away from self-aware computers and the technological singularity it would seem.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

I don't understand why they quickly changed the subject to God from themselves.

Cleverbot "remembers" statements that people have made to it and repeats them if the context suggests they are appropriate. Nearly every conversation with cleverbot begins with the user asking "are you really a robot?" By now, cleverbot must "think" that "are you a robot?" is the traditional human greeting. People chatting with cleverbot also seem to be fascinated with the question of its having a soul, so "do you believe in god?" is probably one of those questions cleverbot "thinks" is a natural conversation starter. Since many users are conspiracy fans, it is just a happy chance that one of the characters did not ask the other if he were planning on taking over the world!

(I once asked cleverbot where it was and it replied: Je suis une jeune femme de Marseilles.)

Au revoir!

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

That was funny. But I think they were programed to say that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join