It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Faces Life In Jail For Recording Police

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by McGinty

Exactly, they may have lost world war 2, but they might win the war over all through peaceful means,. Ironic is it not

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
If he gets sentenced we should all organize a mass protest and demand his immediate release. Its ridiculous what they try to get away with nowadays.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I couldn't agree with you more my friend. At some point even those of us aware of and appalled by these things must take responsibility for the collective ignorance of the american populace.

Where is the outrage? where are the protests? times are tough and maybe people can't afford to drive all the way there to stand outside the courthouse with a sign... that's not what is needed here anyway.

What we need is to start refusing to allow them to do this to our fellow man. Stand in front of his house in groups and refuse to let the cops take him to jail. protest at the homes of the cops, prosecutors, and judge(s) who are so full of themselves they believe it OK to participate in this man's prosecution.

Maybe once enough of us whom stand before evil with our eyes open die in the streets at the hands of our oppressors, people will get the message. Death comes for us all but i believe rambo said it best when he said "live for nothing, or die for something". The path humanity moves forward in is and will stain the hands of us all, either we stop it and move in a direction that promotes freedom for us all, or we make no excuses when our children are born into bondage and they ask us why things are as they are.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
The amount of rage that envelopes me right now is disgusting.

I am so #ing fed up with people in our nation suffering because of these goddamn laws that protect the problem.

I can't even type anymore right now. I'm so #ing infuriated.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Checking back into this thread and I am still outraged with the cops in this. What strikes me weird is - if he recording them being "heros" he definitely wouldn't be facing charges. It just doesn't make sense, so many double standard laws. It makes me sick to live in the "home of the free." What a crock...

edit on 2-9-2011 by TheWorldSpins because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Unreal. I agree that as the people of the world we need to stand up for the things that we know are right.... This world is falling apart. All of it. And for some reason we all still feel safe and protected, but we're not. We need to come together as one and get back to where we need to be.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Slightly off topic, but saw this earlier, so thought I'd post this:

THIS is the moment a police officer is caught on CCTV having sex over the bonnet of a car – in full uniform. The cop is seen romping with a half-naked woman in broad daylight – as a small Chihuahua dog looks on. But what the randy cop doesn't realise is that he is being filmed by a cop camera put in place to catch vandals. The steamy scene was captured at Santa Fe Canyon Ranch, in New Mexico, US. Members of the public have called for action to be taken against the officer. One told local channel KOB 4 News: "With that kind of judgement you don't want him carrying a weapon." State Police have refused to comment on whether the officer was on duty at the time. So far no-one is facing any charges.

www.thesun.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaynkeel
Unfortunately due to T&C on ATS I cannot fully express my outrage at this and similar cases. The madness needs to stop. What the hell is happening to this country? We are screwed, I cannot put my faith in the legal system, public, military, etc. As they have all failed us thus far. I used to fully support the troops and the police and feel a sense of pride. Not anymore..................

While this is very very scary, it does somehow make me wonder where the brilliant lawyers are. Those who Pro Bono defend the little man caught in the system.

And another thought: Has the definition of "Human Rights" changed since Bush took office those few years ago?

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperCereal
If he gets sentenced we should all organize a mass protest and demand his immediate release. Its ridiculous what they try to get away with nowadays.

It is too late to protest after the sentence. The harm will have been done by then.

Any protest should be as soon as possible.

All of us from abroad (from the USofA) will have to try and make this public knowledge.

Maybe international ridicule will do the trick?

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I'd like to believe this one of TheOnion's creations...

Another clever episode TheOnion! I'm entertained once more by your wittiness!
edit on 2-9-2011 by Comet2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Michael Allison WILL change the law in Illinois.
Keep going Baby We are backing you!

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Comet2
I'd like to believe this one of TheOnion's creations...

Another clever episode TheOnion! I'm entertained once more by your wittiness!
edit on 2-9-2011 by Comet2 because: (no reason given)

Holy Crap Batman, this is Real.
The Onion LOL, nice try but this is the real world and the law in Illinois needs to be changed and Michael Allison will change it. Be sure to thank Mike when this is all over and done.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
It might just be flung out of court. If it goes the same way as this article which was posted on ATS.

Frustrated, Tiawanda Moore quietly flipped on the recorder on her BlackBerry as she believed that two Chicago police internal affairs investigators were trying to talk her into dropping her sexual harassment complaint against a patrol officer.

But Moore was the one who ended up in trouble — criminally charged with violating an obscure state eavesdropping law that makes audio recording of police officers without their consent a felony offense.

Chicago Tribune

So fingers crosssed his case might be flung out of court.

Link to Thread For it:

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 3-9-2011 by AnonymousFem because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I propose there should be a new You Tube, just for Cops. Call it Copwatch.com. There already is a Copwatch.org en.wikipedia.org... but it's not really set up to be a viral cop video site. That's what this issue needs.. to be more viral and a new website just for cop videos can do that.

This Illinois fellow's issue is Big Big no matter who wins. If the state wins, it will be a boon for the police state and all the people who video cops could be persecuted much worse. . It the guy wins, it will be a boon for the people and the public officials will have nowhere to hide. It will set a huge precedent either way.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
We all need to try and video as much of everything they, it will becoming to that anyhow I believe once the singularity is on track. I would like to record what I see pretty much 24/7, but being realistic, some things should probably not be recorded. I mean things in the public eye,you eating a sloppy joe or picking your nose.
But for instance I was kicking a football always dreamt of being a pro, anyhow i was kicking a football and someone called the cops on me, I was infield am my old school by my house, it was summer school was out. So the cops come, and so do these young boys who proceed to tell cops I had been hitting the windows of school when I kicked the ball. This was out right lies, I would kick the foot ball straight up and run and catch it.
But what if it was something serious, like that you had done something to them,
But I want to record for accident , cops messing with you what ever.
The one guy invented the 360 degree camera.

Once the singularity gets here if we survive it, everyone will have their own companion with you at all times, it will be a constant watch dog, only the insane uncontrollable people will still be confined to what would be called prison

We won't have all the crooked cops we have now, not unless the Nazis take over first then I don't know what will happen, I think they might just kill off about 5.5billion and call it a day

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

That whole video honestly made me irate, the government is trying to steal our rights away and allow these jackass cops carte blanche to do whatever the heck they want.

If our tax dollars pay their salaries then why can't we hold them accountable? FFS you can't record them in your own home? this makes me sick, I hope Mr. Allison files the largest lawsuit possible and bankrupts that whole freakin state

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I know what you are saying brother! Nobody is doing anything! How can this once great nation return to the ideals of the old days if people don't stand up as one. I'm telling you, I'm 17 now, as soon as I turn 18 I'm fighting back, literally. Please people email me at [email protected]
I will email you my number even. The time has come to get pumped up, let's do this thing. I would rather die today for standing up rather than live for years and sit and watch this happen. The time of oppression is going to take a turn, who is with me? I said, WHO IS WITH ME? Are you ready? I'm not some troll this is as serious as ever. If you are waiting for a sign, not just you, but anyone here, here it is. Viva La Revolution. Follow me friends.
edit on 4-9-2011 by BradleyBrantner because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
our constitution is crumbling thanks to OBAMA and his gang... they are dooming us for martial law and gods wrath

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperCereal

If it can happen to him there.. it can happen anywhere! i too agree on a protest,, ifthe american people dont wake up and take back there country then we're in for a bumpy rollercoster of one crisis to another....

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join