It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AP Exclusive: Japan nuke holdout resolved to stay

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com... -stay-115359874.html

....apologies if someone already linked to this. This is sooo sad
I find this situation just so sad and very scary. The landscape looks amazing but now its a wasteland for god knows how long ! When will humans learn. 16000 inhabitants down to one and despite government advice insists on staying.

What I don't get is why, instead of spending so much on the ISS and other space programs we can't just get our own house in order here.Spend it on alternative power sources that are sustainable for the masses without threatening the planet in this way. We've had so many warnings especially from the Hopi Indians about what would happen if we continue to ignore the signs.

So sorry for Japan and its people, wish more could be done to ensure this never happens again !

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by trilogy111

That is really sad, he talks about staying to attend to family graves, but I'm sure his family would rather him leave and survive and return for short periods to maintain the graves. I don't understand why people are so stubborn to just accept death, I think that he is in denial over the danger, his poor dog will be condemned to the same fate as well. Its shameful that his relative wouldn't let him in fearing he was contaminated. Juts get him to dispose of his clothes and give him clean ones. Since when is it contageous from person to person?

Really sad

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by clintdelicious
I'm sure his family would rather him leave and survive and return for short periods to maintain the graves.
You're sure?

The article said he tried to leave and stay with a relative, who refused him entry because they thought he might be contaminated (which he probably is but it's nothing that a good shower and new set of clothes wouldn't fix as far as risk to the relatives).

He then tried to enter a shelter which was full, and it was then that he returned "home". He's eating the local fish so he's probably contaminated internally from that, though that really wouldn't pose a risk to his relatives, it's more an internal risk to him.

So much for counting on family in a time of emergency, the poor guy was rejected by his own relative.

new topics

join