It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats a good (not main stream) email provider?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I am using hotmail and my account is sending spam. I was wondering if any one knew of a good email provider that is NOT main stream like yahoo or gmail. Preferably a small company.
edit on 31-8-2011 by sabbathcrazy because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-8-2011 by sabbathcrazy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by sabbathcrazy

What do you have against mainstream accounts? I've used gmail for years with zero issues. The only other thing I can think to suggest is to check with your ISP about setting up an email account with them.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
i have used gmail for years as well and it works best for me.

you could try www.mail.com i have had an account there for many years

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Hushmail is pretty good too in my opinion, also has encryption options, but you have to sign in once every three weeks to keep your account alive.

Good luck.

GM

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

I use mail.com for my serious stuff.
They have a lot of neat domain names to choose from too.
Free with ads, $9.95 a year without....

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Ive heard gaggle is an ok email. and, last time i checked, its was the only email not blocked at school
Actually.. i think its something your IT has too set-up at school.. So, possibly disregard this post...

edit on 8/31/2011 by ShadowLife because: Found out some more information.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

edit on 31-8-2011 by LadySkadi because: gmx.com

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I use gmx.com. Very little spam. That was why I was so surprised by that one I got today.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by KILL_DOGG

What do you have against mainstream accounts? I've used gmail for years with zero issues. The only other thing I can think to suggest is to check with your ISP about setting up an email account with them.

What do I have against the 3 largest email providers yahoo gmail and hotmail? Well just for starters, MSN and yahoo, as well as google DECEIVE THE MASSES with crappy news. They are not to be trusted.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

So use their free email. Come to ATS for your news.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776

So use their free email. Come to ATS for your news.

Ah like a fishing lure, its free, so what they sell and track your information. Leaving tracking cookies all over your computer.

Thanks to every one that posted.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   

anywhere you go, any online email you use, any web site you go to will place cookies on your system. It is up to you to protect your computer from them. I use Gmail. But I have several other online accounts. Including an allowed 140 emails on my own web site. but I use Gmail mostly. Yahoo is blatant and arrogant about telling you they are targeting you and following you around. I almost never see advertisements. My cookies are set not to allow third party cookies, I run Firefox with Adblock, Flashblock, and NoScript. No one runs scripts or flash on my computer unless I allow it. My browser is set to delete cookies on exit, and I run CC cleaner at the end of every day including wiping free space. I take other unmentioned steps as well. I recommend Google because every single provider out there will try to track you. It is up to you to block them, They try to get in, and you do your best to keep them out. That's the game, and it most likely will become more advanced with time. If you don't care if they are tracking you and just need a very good email, It is Google. Gmail
DH

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by sabbathcrazy
I am using hotmail and my account is sending spam.
It could be email sent from other source but masquerading as your account, that's extremely easy to do and can happen with any provider.

top topics

join