It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

German city introduces parking meter for prostitutes.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Guess it's fair to say that the world economy is in shambles,now we have to tax the prostitutes.Boy-oh-boy,what could be next.Hopefully young teens don't see this as a lucrative business now that it's being showcased.
Source

Bonn, the former West German capital, has introduced a parking meter for prostitutes, a first in Germany, in order to tax those who just work the streets, a city spokeswoman said Wednesday."We expect to get some 200,000 euros ($288,000) per year from the meter," Isabelle Klotz told AFP.The meter, which looks like one used by drivers for parking their car, was inaugurated at the weekend in an industrial area, near the centre of town, used by prostitutes to solicit clients.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Brilliant!

I'm guessing that prostitution is legal there?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
[sigh]

I'll withhold comment until I see the Mother Government people come on here defending it. This is right up there with the wonderful lottery and all the 'good' it does in education.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

I think it's a good idea.
If they are going to be on the streets making money, why not tax them?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Yeah sure now some chick is going to skip the fee while under surveillance, get charged with tax evasion and end up in the can.

This is stupid and people don't really need anymore taxes......but it seems the tax man is taxing everything he can nowadays. Including cow farts!!

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Way to advertise your shame.

new topics

top topics

join