It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Generation X, Y, Z..... End?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Could the modern generational naming system be a hint or warning of something more sinister?

There is some debate as to specifics, so I will give general estimates:

• Generation X: Born between mid-1960's to early-1980's
• Generation Y: Born between early-1980's to mid-1990's or early-2000's
• Generation Z: Born between early/mid-1990's to early-2000's

Real or False-Flag:
World War 3...
Global Economic Collapse and Chaos...
Martial Law with Population Reduction...
Cosmic Devestation...
Judgement Day...
Alien Invasion...
etc., etc., etc.

With all of the worries and speculation of an up and coming End Times, could Generation Z be the last generation to experience life as we know it? Or is there no conspiracy, with it being like the Hurricane naming system and restart the next generation as 'Alpha' as some have suggested the next generational name should be?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sahabi
Could the modern generational naming system be a hint or warning of something more sinister?

There is some debate as to specifics, so I will give general estimates:

• Generation X: Born between mid-1960's to early-1980's
• Generation Y: Born between early-1980's to mid-1990's or early-2000's
• Generation Z: Born between early/mid-1990's to early-2000's

Real or False-Flag:
World War 3...
Global Economic Collapse and Chaos...
Martial Law with Population Reduction...
Cosmic Devestation...
Judgement Day...
Alien Invasion...
etc., etc., etc.

With all of the worries and speculation of an up and coming End Times, could Generation Z be the last generation to experience life as we know it? Or is there no conspiracy, with it being like the Hurricane naming system and restart the next generation as 'Alpha' as some have suggested the next generational name should be?

If you are one to put stock in the Bible as I do, Christ said that the generation that saw the rebirth of Israel as a nation - an event which occurred in 1948 - would still be alive when He returned. Someone born in 1948 would be what, 64 today? No matter which way you look at it, on a cosmic, God-sized scale, time is running extremely short.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

What about people being born now. What generation are they?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

I put some stock in the Bible. I agree with some verses, I disagree with some. Thanks for mentioning the creation of the State of Israel as a prophesied sign.

Even if I speculate or anticipate an End, I try very hard to stay saturated in the good vibes of love, forgiveness, and peace. Worry and fear are emotions I decided to master as tools, not succumb to (not saying you are, just have to sneak in my spiritual talk
).

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
What happened to generations A-W?
edit on 31-8-2011 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by DAZ21

The children of today and being born now might very well belong to Generation Z. Generational groupings usually encompass two decades or so. And even if new born babies today or the next few years form the generation group after Z, will they reach adulthood to find a world progressed from today, or completely changed? Could Generation Z be the last generation to experience life as we know it?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by MysticPearl

Our history has been lost, destroyed, and hidden. Those generations are probably listed in some several-hundred thousand year old encyclopedia in some secret priestly or royal library

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

The Alphabet can be repeated, just as any naming convention can be amended; host_1 can become host_1a, then host_1b, then host_1c.....

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Death_Kron
reply to post by Sahabi

The Alphabet can be repeated, just as any naming convention can be amended; host_1 can become host_1a, then host_1b, then host_1c.....

Yes, this is the nature of cyclical time. You return back to the start, but this time with the culmination of the previous experiences to use as the new starting base. You still "start" back at an "A" stage, which is still effectively a reboot from the perspective of those at the Z point. See YinYang symbol.

"Iron Age"
"Bronze Age"
"Information Age"
"Iron Age v2"
"Bronze Age v2"
"Information Age v2"
etc.

Your perspective isn't an invalidation of the OP's concept.

OP, you made me smile, this was one of those "dots" I hadn't picked up on yet when contemplating the patterns of our life together.
Neat idea, thanks!

Namaste!
edit on 31-8-2011 by ErgoTheConfusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

You're right. As with all lists, they can recycle through the naming system to produce a new set of data.

I was just speculating the idea that the name 'Generation X' was given by someone as a warning countdown; X, Y, Z, Global End/Change. "Hey guys, the end is near, here's a clue hidden in public." Just pondering.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sahabi
reply to post by Death_Kron

You're right. As with all lists, they can recycle through the naming system to produce a new set of data.

I was just speculating the idea that the name 'Generation X' was given by someone as a warning countdown; X, Y, Z, Global End/Change. "Hey guys, the end is near, here's a clue hidden in public." Just pondering.

It's possible and an interesting idea, but someone somewhere is actually paid to think up these "clever" names.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ErgoTheConfusion

I'm happy that you enjoyed the idea. Wouldn't it be wonderful if the generation after Z, grow up in a world much more harmonious, loving, and peaceful than today; a true step towards Utopia/Nirvana/Heaven/Paradise? The Generation after Z could be the start to no more war, starvation, tyranny, injustice, or oppression? Well... that's what I'm hoping for anyway if life as we know it does change.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Looking at your avatar you also have stock in 7.62 x 39 but who am I to judge that, right? so if your bible prophecy fails, next generation will be A

if your bible is right it wont keep a soul alive .

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by DAZ21
reply to post by Sahabi

What about people being born now. What generation are they?

generation 0 maybe?
2nd

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Generation X is the pepsi and MTV generation. Generation Y is the progressive age, generation Z is the cellular age. Generation X appreciates classical music, generation Y appreciates grunge and rap, generation Z appreciates singing and dancing. Generation X's goal in life is to be wealthy. Generation Y's goal in life is to become famous. Generation Z's goal in life is to put their life onto facebook. Generation X wants to marry someone who is rich and beautiful. Generation Y wants to marry someone of their own sex. Generation Z will not want to get married. Generation X will fight until the fighting stops. Generation Y will cheer while their enemy is turned into a bloody pulp, generation Z will be desensitized to violence. Generation X wants fast cars, fast motorcycles, fast women. Generation Y wants fast computers, fast technology. Generation Z wants instantaneous gratification.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

Entertaining description of our most recent generations
Fairly accurate generalization xD
I wonder what will be said of the following generation.... steady progress... foundation-shaking change... improvement... declination... end?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Generation planet X yes

Generation Y waiting

To exit generation axis Z

I dont know if it stands for the last, plus maybe there is more alphabet letters

My 2 cents

top topics

join